Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Barbarian custom equipment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wedlock94
Youngblood
Youngblood
wedlock94

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Barbarian custom equipment Empty
PostSubject: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 2:19

hey every, making an albion barbarian list and iv been messing around with their rules and equipment to even them out with other bands. Just need some opinions on the equipment.

Warpaint - 6+ unmodifiable armour save, uncompatible with other armour saves, heroes only - 20gc

Targe - (counts as a shield) 6+ armour save, +1 Attack - either 10 or 15gc
or 6+armour save, +1 Attack, can use a knife for another attack on the charge - 15gc

any opinions are appreciated! thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 9:41

The war paint looks alright to me. The save can't be modified but it's only 6+. It's the same price as light armour but can't be combined with a shield so the cost seems about right.

Does the targe either allow you to make an attack of use it as a shield? If so, the cost seems about right too.
Back to top Go down
wedlock94
Youngblood
Youngblood
wedlock94

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 16:40

I was going for both, ill be up against battle monks so I needed something to help balance me out with them. it give you an 6+ save and +1A.
And the views on the warpaint was what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 21:27

Welcome to the forum!

The Savage Orcs from Karak Azgul have a similar item.  Their warpaint may be used by any warrior, costs 5gc and must be repurchased for every battle.

I don't understand this sentence:
Quote :
or 6+armour save, +1 Attack, can use a knife for another attack on the charge - 15gc

So how can you use the knife?  In the hand the targe is in or in the other hand?
Back to top Go down
wedlock94
Youngblood
Youngblood
wedlock94

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:52

its based on the old scots charge they did. the dirk and targe, they would charge with a sword in one hand, the targe strapped to the other as there shield and a knife in the hand. so they would hit with a sword, stab with the spike on the targe and bring the knife(dirk down).
Back to top Go down
wedlock94
Youngblood
Youngblood
wedlock94

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:53

sorry for double post, ill probably just go for the first option to keep it simple anyway so don't worry if im not explaining that part very well
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jul 2013 - 11:55

It reminds me of ol' days when our group allowed fighting with buckler and dagger in the same hand. Spiked buckler or above mentioned scottish/medieval/renaissance small shield+knife combination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbarian custom equipment   Barbarian custom equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barbarian custom equipment
Page 1 of 1