Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Black Orc Warband

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Orc
Youngblood
Youngblood
Black Orc

Trading Reputation : 0

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013 - 3:20

So. Me and my brother are starting a campaign. to keep things interesting, each of us is playing two independent warbands. I'm using a Black Orc Warband and a Troll Brood, and My bro will be playing Dwarf Rangers and Clan Skryre Skaven.

Anyhow, here is my starting black orc warband.

Black Orc Boss-150
-Heavy Armor
- 2 Axes

Black Orc-115
-Heavy Armor
-1 Axe
-Free Dagger

Black Orc-115
-Heavy Armor
-1 Axe
-Free Dagger

Black Orc Young 'Un-60
-Light Armor
-1 Axe
-Free Dagger

Black Orc Young 'Un-60
-Light Armor
-1 Axe
-Free Dagger

Total: 500 gc

Starting Troll Brood

Big 'Addy-136
-2 Clubs

Bruvver-116
-2 Clubs

Bruvver-116
-2 Clubs

Yung Cuzzin-51
-2 Clubs

Yung Cuzzin-51
-2 Clubs

Whelp-21
-2 Clubs

Total: 491 gc
Back to top Go down
Black Orc
Youngblood
Youngblood
Black Orc

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013 - 23:06

Right, Since no-one has responded I'm going to assume it's alright.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun 2013 - 4:55

Welcome to the forum. You didn't wait very long before posting a follow up complaint about lack of feedback. Please note that you posted on a Friday which will be a work day for many people and this is not a big forum. I can appreciate that you might be excited to get your warband finished so that you can play a battle. Maybe you want to play your first battle this weekend. That is great but please be patient.

For your Black Orc warband you did what I did with my warband and took two Black Orc Young'Uns. However, only one Young'Un can be upgraded to a Black Orc Young'Un. I would also drop some armour (perhaps keeping some heavy armour on your Black Orc Boss if you really want to keep it) and add a few Orc Boyz or Orc Shootaz. You need some cannon fodder to protect your heroes or you will have to lose two heroes before routing and that will be a big loss of income.

I love armour but unfortunately it is not cost effective in base Mordheim. That is another reason why I recommend dropping it initially and buying it later when you are crushing your brother and rolling in gold crowns. You can follow the link in my signature for the house rules that we use to make armour more cost effective. There are lots of threads on this forum that also discuss armour.

I cannot comment on the Troll Brood since I haven't played that warband and neither have I looked closely at its rules.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jun 2013 - 21:13

Welcome here. Smile

I'm very happy you considered taking our Troll brood warband. Smile
Besides one mistake (Cuzzinz cost 35gc to hire) your starting warband is similiar to the one we used in the testing phase.

This was was our take on the starting warband:

Big 'Addy-136
-2 Clubs

Bruvver-118
-Axe, Club

Bruvver-125
-Double-handed weapon

Yung Cuzzin-41
-2 Clubs

Yung Cuzzin-41
-2 Clubs

2 Whelpz-36
-Dagger, Club

Total: 497 gc

With this setup you have 2 Whelpz to sacrifice in bad matches (ie, Gunnery School of Nuln was a nightmare to start against) and enough members to lower the stupidity's drawback. Just stick together and everything will work fine.
Since we are still testing the warband, I would appreciate to hear any thoughts, problems or suggestions concering the rules. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sealedcity.blogspot.com/
Dribble Joy
Veteran
Veteran
Dribble Joy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2013 - 17:25

I'll mirror RL's comments on the BO's. No henchmen is a bad move early in the campaign (though a troll can be fun). Unless you are using alternative armour rules, I'd drop the armour on your heroes (except maybe the boss), swap the axes for clubs and buy some boys with clubs (or naked). You don't want to expose your heroes too much so you want henchmen at the front to begin with rather than providing cover fire. My experience anyway, it depends on your playstyle and the amount of terrain you use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Orc Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Warband   Black Orc Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Orc Warband
Page 1 of 1