HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anodyr
Youngblood
Youngblood

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 7:46

Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.

I'm Gav, been into the hobby since 1989 or thereabouts, and played a good few of the games over the years (mainly WFB, 40K, Necromunda, Inquisitor, BFG, Epic, plus all the classics like Space Hulk, Space Crusade, Heroquest and Advanced Heroquest...).

Funnily enough I never really played Mordheim, but having recently developed an itch to do some Fantasy themed painting and converting (after being heavily pre-Heresy 40k oriented for a good while), and deciding that I wanted to work with a Sartosan pirate city theme, I stumbled across Mordheim (and this forum in particular) and realised how well suited it is for the project I have in mind. I dont play any more (due to lack of time/gaming buddies) so I'm more for doing small numbers of characterful conversions rather than building armies that wont get any table time, for which Mordheim is clearly a good fit.

I've got to say that this forum is excellent (and far from boring!) and I'm finding plenty of inspiration here from the work of the members. I was also delighted to see that there are some Poole-based hobbyists here, seeing as thats also my own stomping ground. Perhaps I'll actually manage to end my gaming hiatus now and find someone to give me a game of Mordheim once I've got a few minis sorted..?

Anyway, hi to all, I look forward to getting some WIPs up for your c&c.

Until then,

- Gav
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 7:58

Welcome, Gav!

In the GW Poole store there's currently a Mordheim preview campaign running for the Border Town Burning supplement (on Tuesday evenings). If you are interested in that, try to contact Werekin about it.

Alright, I hope to see some cool minis by you. I'm sure WarbossKurgan will be delighted to hear this.

Cheers!

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 8:33

Welcome to the forums mate, Im sure we are all looking foreward to what interesting projects you have in mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Sat 6 Sep 2008 - 8:56

Hi Gav,
WELCOME ABOARD! cheers

From what you've said about yourself, you'll be a fine addition to our little community. I hope you'll enjoy your stay at our NOT-SO-BORING Forum. Have fun, be good, take your pick Suspect ! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 18:48

welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...   Today at 16:00

Back to top Go down

Hello to all (especially the Poole contingent!)...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1