Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?

Go down 
+2
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Zartes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zartes
Hero
Hero
Zartes

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Empty
PostSubject: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2013 - 18:28

Obviously the ABSOLUTE minimum is 2, the number you need to play a game. But is there an optimum number for having nice variation and suchlike?
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2013 - 22:32

A 2 player campaign would work, but you'll want to have each player play with (at least) 2 warbands.
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2013 - 22:51

Yeah two player is very hard work indeed. 3 players is good. Four makes it even better. Not played with more than four, but I would think after 5 it would start to get a bit impersonal for my liking.

Skip
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013 - 1:13

When we use the 'campaign' term about our games, we're 4+. In my opinion, you won't get much from a 3-player campaign, and those we just call open battles, where you can use whatever warband you'd like and challenge whoever you'd like, or we agree on who's to play against who.
I'd say 6 players is fun, but very long and tiring as well, even though everyone enjoys to watch a game. 6 would be a nice minimum, but I find it's too hard to find dates everyone can agree on, and even harder to get everyone to remember and in fact show up.

Last edited by Aipha on Sun 26 May 2013 - 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013 - 4:14

4-6 I think is ideal, but as others have said, unless everyone involved has a dedicated time to it, it's kinda hard to get everyone's games in. One of the chief problems I ran into with my last campaign was a guy that couldn't meet with us regularly, except to play one other player, and it ended up that he wasn't playing against anyone else in the campaign!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013 - 12:30

I often played 3- or 4-player 'campaigns'. They were fun, but didn't feel much like a real campaign. Thus I would advise a minimum of 4-6 players for a regular campaign.

Our current card-based campaign includes 9 players, but we rarely meet in one place alltogether - instead the players take their action for a campaign turn and then play possible games within the following 2 weeks on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://sealedcity.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?   What is the minimum number of players in a campaign? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the minimum number of players in a campaign?
Page 1 of 1