So here's the problem: in my gaming club, there's some uncertainty on how the sword and buckler combination works. There's currently three separate theories:
- The model may take two parry saves, one from the sword and one from the buckler
- The model may take a single parry save with a +1 modifier (with more discussion on whether criticals may be parried on a modified 7)
- The model may take a single parry save at a 4+, but criticals cannot be parried.
Now I have two questions:
- What are the official rules about this?
- As my gaming club gives shields a 5+ armour save to balance them, what rules should we use to balance the use of bucklers?