Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pidges Harlots of Sigmar

Go down 
+4
skipspence
Von Kurst
DeafNala
pidge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pidge
Youngblood
Youngblood
pidge

Trading Reputation : 0

Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:19

Hola peeps,

been a long time follower of this website, and have been suggested by skip to start posting some of my work so here is my sisters warband which after owning for a few months i finally sat down and started to paint them up.

Here's a nice group photo of those harlets of sigmar
Pidges Harlots of Sigmar 20130405170428

This is my auger, tried extremly hard to actually get the GW model but with the prices on ebay being extortionate decided this would be a bit more unique
Pidges Harlots of Sigmar 20130417142334

My matriach and one of her superiors
Pidges Harlots of Sigmar 20130417142254

another superior with some of her fellow wenches
Pidges Harlots of Sigmar 20130417142324

You'll have to excuse the camera quality, it looked alot better on my phone, and i was quite surprised how much light i get in my conservatory Razz

Last edited by pidge on Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 9:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:04

The Holy Babes look TERRIFIC! Your color choices & flesh tones really make the War Band for moi. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:10

Nice warband! Good on Skipspence(?) for getting you to post.
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:25

Yeah I've been nagging him every time we get together to play Very Happy

I sure am looking forward to seeing the lasses on the board. Good job on finally posting on the forum!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:15

The lasses look GREAT. Nice work on their facial features in particular. Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeThu 18 Apr 2013 - 13:37

Ok, first off, well painted! Really good colour choices, and very smooth style. Second, calling them "sluts of Sigmar" is very inappropriate, and I urge you to edit your post. I'm sure you mean it as a joke, but it's really not fitting on a forum such as this.
Back to top Go down
pidge
Youngblood
Youngblood
pidge

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 20:12

cheers all for the praise on the "rushed" paint job guys Very Happy

folketsfiende as far as im aware i have not broken any rules on the forum, and the term "slut" i think describes these promiscuous woman very well, plus that being the actual warband name.

ofc if a moderator wishes me to change the title of this thread i will, but until then i will not
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 23:40

pidge wrote:
folketsfiende as far as im aware i have not broken any rules on the forum, and the term "slut" i think describes these promiscuous woman very well, plus that being the actual warband name.

ofc if a moderator wishes me to change the title of this thread i will, but until then i will not

This is a somewhat debatable point. While I don't believe it was meant to be offensive, the word "slut" can be taken as a sexist slur. Also nowhere in their official background are the Sisters of Sigmar referred to as "promiscuous women"; only perhaps in the Witch Hunters' imaginations/propaganda. The Forum Rule is:

No offensive, insulting, racist, sexist, sexual or otherwise demeaning remarks
will be tolerated. Temporary up to permanent ban from the forum can and
will ensue.

The Forum Rules are located here should any one care to refresh their memories on the subject:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t1136-forum-rules-update-please-read
Back to top Go down
Lion01
Knight
Knight
Lion01

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeFri 19 Apr 2013 - 23:56

Let's not turn this into a moral discussion; Pidge, please rename your topic so we can focus on your excellent paint job. You've chosen a simple but effective colour scheme, I like the somewhat dull look of it all. Very appropriate for Mordheim. What model did you use for your Augur?
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSat 20 Apr 2013 - 0:13

Very nice paintjob and choice for augur miniature (reaper I believe?). It's much better looking than old gw one.

I'm glad to see there are true believers, who look beyond the veil of falsehood and see these women as they truly are: heretics, witches and daemon worshipping harlots! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pidge
Youngblood
Youngblood
pidge

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 19:52

yea it was a reaper model, perhaps the only decent "sister" alternative i could find that wasnt running around half naked Smile

I have been trying hard recently to finish this warband, but unfortunately prices for the models go for extortionate amounts.

Over the past two weeks i've managed to paint my last two novices aswell as my last superior. unfortunatly the
only picture i had left on my phone was of a novice (and a lousy picture that was), i'll have to raid the model case over the weekend for a final photo shoot of the sisters

i thought the sisters could use some extra firepower so decided to paint a elf ranger which i recently won on ebay
Pidges Harlots of Sigmar 20130428191443

i'll try to get some pictures of the finished warband on friday when we've got a day long mordheim session Smile (EXCITED!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pidges Harlots of Sigmar   Pidges Harlots of Sigmar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pidges Harlots of Sigmar
Page 1 of 1