Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Witch Hunter advice needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lion01
Knight
Knight
Lion01

Trading Reputation : 0

hunter - Witch Hunter advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Witch Hunter advice needed   hunter - Witch Hunter advice needed Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 23:36

Guys I need some help. I’m thinking of starting a new Witch Hunter warband and I’ve already got some models I’d like to use. The problem is, I need to equip them WYSIWYG, and I’m restricted to the physical weapons options of the models, which are as follows:

Witch Hunter Captain: 2 pistols
Witch Hunter 1: choice of 2 pistols or 1 pistol & rapier
Witch Hunter 2: choice of 1 hand gun or 1 long rifle
Witch Hunter 3: 1 sword, plus choice of either double-handed sword, double-handed hammer or pavise

As you can see, some have multiple choice of weapons as they are multi-part kits. But the abundance of pistols makes it very expensive from the start… I’m not sure how to equip them to best effect, and whether to take 2 or 3 witch hunters in my starting warband. So any suggestions?

By the way, this is going to be the Captain, plus I have something VERY special in mind for the other Witch Hunters... but I won't spoil that yet Evil or Very Mad

hunter - Witch Hunter advice needed Product_68925
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

hunter - Witch Hunter advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch Hunter advice needed   hunter - Witch Hunter advice needed Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 23:58

Oh the sadness of WYSIWYG. If you are stuck with that I don't see that you have many options. Especially since many of the options listed above just aren't options for a starting Witch Hunter warband.

Witch Hunters need skills to have access to rapiers, handguns or long rifles.

Otherwise Mordheim runs on heroes. ALWAYS take the maximum number of heroes available!

The pavaise is a useless piece of equipment. Don't take it.

For double handed weapons, um, they are useless for Witch Hunters who can't take Strength skills. Buy some nice crossbow bits from a friendly bitz seller.
Back to top Go down

Witch Hunter advice needed
Page 1 of 1