Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Brazier Iron Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayonnaise
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mayonnaise

Trading Reputation : 0

Brazier Iron Question Empty
PostSubject: Brazier Iron Question   Brazier Iron Question Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 9:41

Hey guys, I've been reading these boards for a couple months and I got a question regarding the Brazier Iron, as I'm starting my first Witch Hunter warband. If you successfully light your opponent on fire, is he allowed to attack back or take a strength 4 hit if you go before him, or do I wait until he checks in the recovery phase for the negative (for him) affects of the fire?

I figure that the strength 4 hit would be a little much in the close combat, but considering my Witch Hunter just lit his enemy on fire, that enemy might be a little preoccupied.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brazier Iron Question   Brazier Iron Question Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 10:29

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy I'm glad to hear that you keep coming back and I hope that you'll stick around.

The warrior on fire cannot fight back while on fire. Here are the rules and I have added some emphasis.
Quote :
Fire: The burning brazier of coals atop the staff is deadly, capable of setting an opponent ablaze with even the slightest glancing blow. Whenever you score a successful hit with the brazier staff roll a D6. If you roll a 5+ the victim is set on fire. If the warrior survives the attack they must score a 4+ in the Recovery phase or suffer a Strength 4 hit each turn they are on fire and will be unable to do anything other than move. Other warriors from the same warband may help to put the flames burning the warrior out if they wish. They must move into base-to-base contact and score a 4+ in the Recovery phase.

Also, I should mention that the your witch hunter warriors cannot use brazier irons in a starting warband as brazier irons are not in the starting equipment list for witch hunters. Any hero wanting to use a brazier iron must first take the weapon master skill (or is it the weapon expert skill I always get these two skills confused... confused ) to allow them to use any close combat weapon.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brazier Iron Question   Brazier Iron Question Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 10:38

Welcome!
You've chosen cool warband. Twisted Evil
If your enemy's on fire:
- can't do anthing other than moving (so cannot strike back, parry, shoot...)
- gets that S4 hit "each turn they are on fire".
- may try to roll 4+ in recovery to end the fire effect
My understanding is that "each turn", stars the moment he is lit, so yes, you hit him, then set him ablaze and he cannot strike back in addition to S4 fire hit.

As RationalLemming pointed out, you cannot take that weapon at the beginning. That's by the rules...
However it's "witch hunters only" item and other warbands can get their rare stuff from the beginning. Skaven or Sisters don't need weapon master (or training) to get their own stuff, so in my opinion you're perfectly justified to take it as starting equipment. It's not that good as it looks and probably you won't be able to afford it at the start but anyway...
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mayonnaise

PostSubject: Re: Brazier Iron Question   Brazier Iron Question Icon_minitimeFri 12 Apr 2013 - 19:25

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, guys!

We made a house rule that Braziers are common items in the Witch Hunter section of the warband's equipment lists, so we're good for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazier Iron Question   Brazier Iron Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brazier Iron Question
Page 1 of 1