So, for a long time, I've been wanting to make a module for Neverwinter NIghts based on Mordheim. I have now gotten quite far in the development of said module.
It is based around the Mordheim map, and can be either played as a PvP multiplayer arena, filled with Mordheim lore and monsters, but is mainly designed to be played with a DM who creates adventures for players who play in the same warband.
Features so far:
- 60+ areas (And I've only made the settlements, Western gatehouse, Raven Barracks, Statue of Count Gotthard, Steinhardt Memorial Gardens and the Rich Quarters)
- Every area also has an extensive Sewer map
- Every door can be accessed, enhancing exploration in the ruined homes and temples (ca 10 interiors for each exterior)
- Hired Swords system is done
- Some custom events made (Meeting a straggler, wyrdstone in a well, etc)
- Recquires the player to use other equipment, such as ropes and hooks to be able to explore properly
- Recquires proper teamplay, as the horrors and dangers of Mordheim are quite extensive, and players WILL die if they go solo
- Some custom items made (Lucky charm and Bugmans Ale, Wyrdstone Shards, for example)
- Wyrdstone powers (You can "consume" wyrdstone to get a buff, but then it is destroyed and you might become afflicted with wyrdstone disease)
Features to come:
- All remaining places of Mordheim (I've completed about a fourth of all exteriors...)
- Some sort of Stronghold for some races that do not reside in the settlements (Sisters of Sigmar, for example)
- More custom items to be made (Maps, etc)
- Dungeons (places made to act as major places of exploration and battle. Maybe the catacombs beneath the cemetary, and definatley the Steinharts Palace!)
- More events and encounters
- More monsters!
- Blackpowder guns (I had them in an early draft, but less IS more, and the scripting made it a total mess. The less scripts used, the smoother it will run for players, and seeing as the module is becoming quite massive, I opted out the use of BPG's. No one ever uses them anyway
- Some races and Classes (In an early draft, I gave players the ability to play as Possessed, Vampires, Beastmen and Skaven, but this not only unbalanced the game, it also required even more extensive scripting. Once again, less is more. These races and classes will be in the module, mind you, but not playable. Maybe in the future.)
Any thoughts or suggestions? I would love to hear some ideas of what ppl would want in a mod like this!