Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Leap Skill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2013 - 20:09

I have never viewed this skill as something I would seriously take before but then I thought of it a little more and now I have a question.

Could Leap be used to avoid an intercepting model?

The rule says you can jump over man sized models and low (1") obstacles so from this understanding you could charge the target you want and avoid the intercepting model. If true this will make the skill a lot more viable IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2013 - 20:24

Pervavita wrote:

Could Leap be used to avoid an intercepting model?
That is how we played it. Furthermore, you can also increase your movement- and charging distance this ways. No need to say this skill was rather popular.

Last edited by Grimscull on Thu 28 Feb 2013 - 21:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2013 - 20:42

That's what I thought from reading it more... I had always just saw it before as +d6 charge distance and jump building to building for snipers/sniper hunting.. Both are options that I never liked as well +d6 distance could become 1" and put a model failing a charge and vary open to counter charge and that is not good.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2013 - 8:59

Sometimes we houserule, that you can make ONE jump, so you can avoid only one intercept.
The skill is realy strong for Shadow Warriors with "See in the Dark".

Our group tends to use movementskills very often. (Climb, Sprint, leap).
A Vampire, Skaven, Elf or Possesed with sprint and leap has 15+W6" charge range. Even if it fails you cant be charged by most of your opponents.

Leap is difficult to rule, if the model is subject to frenzy. What is the distance, he has to charge?
Back to top Go down
Serge-David
Youngblood
Youngblood
Serge-David

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2013 - 9:01

I remember in one of my campaigns a ghoul became a hero and he got leap and sprint, that ghoul was scary in how far and fast he could move! It was a great day when I managed to put an arrow in his foot and caused him to have -1 movement.

I never did think of using it as a way to avoid interceptions, I'll have to get that skill on one of my fast characters someday and see how that works out.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2013 - 11:49

A frenzied model would charge the full distance and leap over friendly warriors if necessary. :-D It is a funny thought but they are half crazy and want to get into the fight real bad. You have to take the good with the bad with that skill and if leap makes it easier to charge then bad luck.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2013 - 14:14

we have a possessed with max exp, the area-damage spell (don't know the name), sprint and leap.

Mostly i try to lure him out, because no one of the others can keep up with him. Often we discuss, if he has to roll or not to roll (and just get +6") for the purpose of compulsatory charges.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013 - 15:06

Another bonus you get from the skill is +w6" extra-Movement, that isn't running. So you could hide or jump even if you are within 8" from an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

leap - Leap Skill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leap Skill   leap - Leap Skill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leap Skill
Page 1 of 1