Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Seas of Sand

Go down 
+6
Pervavita
Spectre76
SerialMoM
Alex
DeafNala
Von Kurst
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 8 May 2013 - 19:07

Quote :
Plus you have reached the point in The Adventure where we will be seeing more Seas of Sand - Page 3 480167 wandering around...love that Mummy. What a Face

I had hoped to get the Mummies out a couple of weeks ago, but attendance has waned due to the usual RL interference, so they took a bit longer than planned to make an appearence.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 8 May 2013 - 19:50

Like Christmas when you were a Kid, somethings are better with anticipation...sometimes. clown
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 9 May 2013 - 4:47

It's like the Boris Karloff mummy. You're expecting him, and then you don't see him, and then just when you least expect it... THERE HE IS!! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013 - 21:16

Quote :
It's like the Boris Karloff mummy. You're expecting him, and then you don't see him, and then just when you least expect it... THERE HE IS!! affraid

lol!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Week 12--Ye Great Desert

This week we were further wittled down by vacations and such:
Robperk--Chapel Guard
Smalls--Bretonnian Buccaneers
Von Kurst--Arabyan Nomads

Ye Pools of Despair

Ye Skirmish in ye Desert
A desperate battle betwen the Buccaneers and the Nomads

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Mamluks

Waves of heat danced through the rocky landscape. Haroum suffered mild discomfort in the shelter of his robes, but he almost pitied the Barbarians in their heavy wools and leather. Still some of them were learning. Haroum sighted his rifle on an oddly robed man with a broad-brimmed hat who was trying to work his way around to the tribe's right flank.

KaBoom! Haroum's long rifle spoke, but the waves of heat spoiled the shiek's aim. The Barbarian spun and brought his own long rifle to bear with one fluid movement. The weapon barked in return, but the shot flew wide. Haroum almost breathed a sigh of relief before a hammer blow struck his head and knocked him senseless on the jebel's steep slope.

Haroum woke to heat and pain. The cruel sun beat down on the rocky ledge. Men were screaming in anger and pain. The shiek dragged himself behind a rock outcrop to escape the rain of crossbow bolts. Haroum willed his dazed eyes to see only one rock. After a lifetime or perhaps only a few moments, the shiek risked a look around his sheltering rock. Bolts and bullets rattled off the surrounding terrain kicking sand and splinters into Haroum's eyes. The shiek gave serios thought to staying behind this nice boulder for the rest of the battle.

Post Battle
Hot as Hades weather played hell with both warbands. Eventually the robed Nomad heroes prevailed, despite taking heavier casualties among the rank and file. The pirate Heroes' superior shooting nulifed Haroum's long rifle and the pesky warlock was very efffective at scaring Nomad heroes with the Dread spell. Still the Maids do not like melee, especially when their heroes are involved. One hero was Hardened, another rolled Full Recovery and the last will miss a game with a Deep Wound. A pirate henchman may have died.
The Merry Maids withdrew to Al-Haikk where they bartered for more Nomad Robes.

All of the Sons of the Desert recovered from their injuries. The Nomads also returned to Al-Haikk to trade, but along the way they released some captives from a slaver's caravan and gained an experienced warrior. (Malik's monkey was sold to help exquip the new warrior and to clear space on the roster.}
Malik made use of the opportunity to use his Lamp of the Djinn. He gained a Magic Carpet, 20 dinars and the skill Command Magic Carpet! However, Mustafa and the Heretic each complained that their weapons had gone missing; Haroum lost his extra brace of pistols and the treasury was missing 40 dinars...

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013 - 22:42

Von Kurst wrote:
Malik made use of the opportunity to use his Lamp of the Djinn. He gained a Magic Carpet...

OH BABY! The Air Corps has returned...it take so little to amuse me these days! cheers clown
Back to top Go down
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Veteran
Veteran
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013 - 22:43

DeafNala wrote:
Von Kurst wrote:
Malik made use of the opportunity to use his Lamp of the Djinn. He gained a Magic Carpet...

OH BABY! The Air Corps has returned...it take so little to amuse me these days! cheers clown

I am mildly disappointed at DeafNala to continue posting after 12345 posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013 - 22:15

Quote :
I am mildly disappointed at DeafNala to continue posting after 12345 posts Very Happy
12345! Like isn't that a good roll in Yatzee?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Week 12--Continued, Ye Ruins of Bel Alaid

Ye Dark Ritual
The Sons of the Desert race the Chapel Guard to disrupt a Blasphemous Ritual

Seas of Sand - Page 3 The_Crusades

The desert night was cool. The gibbous moons above gave little light. Strange noises filled the air. The warriors of the tribe muttered in their beards and clutched amulets and charms. Haroum led them into the ruins for Malik and the Witch of Ghut insisted that the foul magics being wrought must be confronted lest the evil ones come upon the tribe in strength.

Almost immediately foul skeletal things attacked from the darkness. Mad Babiars seemed to be everywhere hacking at the abominations. Still the things appeared literally evrywhere and Babiars could not fight them all. The Witch chanted her spells, but the power of the Dark seemed too great for her to overcome. Malik stayed close to his Shiek, though Haroum sensed it was more for the novice mage's protection then his own.

The wavering light the Witch had conjured suddenly flared to life. Horses appeared out of the night. Big horses ridden by the Northern Crusaders. With a scream of pain, Tariq fell beneath the hooves of the lead mount. But the knights had ridden into the circle of light. Arrows sought them; Haroum swung his long rifle and shot the second knight. Both horse and rider collapsed in a tangle of thrashing limbs. The last rider was the Crusader witch. Before she could check her steed, horse and rider fell with many arrows in their bodies.

The lead knight was charged by Mad Baibiars. Against the righteous zeal of the holy warrior (all madmen are favored of the One) the Barbarian was no match. The knight was knocked from his saddle. His warhorse tried to defend its master, but a blow from Babiar's halberd easily dispatched it. The knight tried to crawl back into the darkness, but the madman showed no mercy.

Post Battle
Rob fled with 3 heroes out of action. His leader survived against the odds, a knight errant lost an eye. A bowman is killed by the undead guardians. For his trouble each survivor gained 4 experience (101 Underdog).

The Nomads gained lots of treasure from the scenario since none of their heroes fell in the fight. Tariq survived. The Nomads discovered the Oasis of the Djinn and gained MORE treasure, but were forced to trade with a cheating merchant. Malik attempted to invoke the Lamp of the Djinn again. He gained a pistol, a Dimashquine Blade and a Genie of the Lamp. However, before he could bind the genie it disappeared taking the Lamp with it...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 May 2013 - 22:28

COOL & SPOOKY! Bummer about losing The Lamp though. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 15:24

Quote :
Bummer about losing The Lamp though. What a Face
Ah, what ya gonna do? I bought it 25% off! Razz

So I spent an hour or so sorting through boxes to find my pewter magic carpet model. (I passed the card one on to Chad when he captured it.) Once I found it I spent another half hour looking for my flying bases, since I seem to have lost the one it came with. THEN I started trying to fit 3 models on it. Not happening. Gotta make another card one...

Win Loss records after 12 weeks:

Bob--Savage Orcs: 9W--2D--3L
Chad--Witch Hunters: 3W--1D--9L
Playtable--Possessed: 10W--4D--7L
Robperk--Bretonnian Chapel Guard: 1W--1D--10L
Smalls--Bretonnian Buccaneers: 5W--2D--8L
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads: 9W--5D--7L

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 12 May 2013 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 16:17

I can identify with the Magic Carpet Hunt. Many's the time I've spent hours searching for a part "that would be perfect" for some project or other only to find the it was too small, too large, or not as I remembered it. Fortunately I normally find all sorts of other Oh-So-Cool things...the main reason The Search took hours. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 17:16

Quote :
...or not as I remembered it.

The model was not what I remembered at all. I spent so much time looking because I was looking for an ASSEMBLED model. So it was where it was supposed to be, it was just in pieces that I ignored the first time I opened the box labeled Arabian Stuff.

And yeah I did find A LOT of stuff I had forgotten or misplaced. Another cart for the market place, for example.

Similarly, this campaign has refused to simply meet expectations.

--I had hoped to play Mummies and Nomads throughout the campaign by running the Mummies on the weekends against Harganok, who couldn't make Thursdays. But I ended up working weekends for the first couple of months.

--I had also expected to have players reach the land of Khemri fairly early, after all a player just had to win a scenario at each of the 3 desert locations to 'discover' a tomb to loot. That took FOREVER! (And the first player to do it was Chad, who only has 3 wins!)

--No one has any of the Artifacts spread about the scenarios and exploration charts. Though as usual 2 of the players who had the opportunity to find artifacts through exploration dropped out before they could play the special scenario.

--We have discovered several Secrets, but they have all been the 'general' ones. I hid the cool ones too well.

Otherwise I've really enjoyed both the desert battles and the desperate struggles in the City of Thieves. Now I'm thinking of doing a campaign that is centered on the just Al--Haikk...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 17:38

While I'm not much of a fan of the reality of Arabian life & ethos, as a boy I had a wonderful copy of Scheherazade's A Thousand & One Nights. In addition to prolonging her life, her tales brightened the life of the sickly little boy that I was. SO even with the occasional non Arabian Undead wandering about, I have enjoyed following your stories & look forward to the Tales of Al Haikk. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 May 2013 - 23:14

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Arabian-nights

A short bibliography of fictional works with Mideastern themes:

The Lion of Ciaro by Scott Oden

The Bones of the Old Ones by Howard Andrew Jones

The Desert of Souls by Howard Andrew Jones

The Sowers of Thunder by Robert E Howard (collected short stories)

Short Stories by Robert E Howard
The Tower of the Elephant
A Witch Shall Be Born
Shadows in Zamboula
The People of the Black Circle

Suggestions and additions welcome. farao
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013 - 4:24

There was an old "Talespin" cartoon episode from Disney a couple of decades back called "For whom the bell Klangs" which had an arabian feel complete with a city of thieves, archaeologists, mummies, and treasure maps. Pretty fond memories of that show...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013 - 17:25

"Talespin", I don't remember that show at all. But I didn't watch much tv back then.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Week 13--Rocking Ye Casbah, Skirmishes in Ye Thieves Quarter

Cast for the week:
Chad--Witch Hunters
Playtable--Possessed
Harganok--Dark Elves
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads

Ye Heist

The Witch Hunters continued their larcenous career by stealing the Buccaneers' spare Long Rifle. Sadly the Witch Hunters had no faith in their minion so they rushed to confront the Buccaneers as the pirates searched for the thief.

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548abcba0300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Note the stolen Magic Carpet.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548abd3b3200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Desperate melee in the narrow lanes.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548ababa0500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Hunter's casualties mount. The Witch Hunter Captain is wounded.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548abb3b3400000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
After suffering through several turns of rubber lance sydrome, the Witch Hunter's fled with several heroes out of action. No casualty reports were received.
Ye Mummy

The night was dark, but cool. Haroum led the tribe forth to investigate strange rumors of disappearances and thefts in the Thieves Quarter. Haroum thought that disappearances and thefts were common in the cesspit of vice. Malik and the Witch were certain that the necromancer they had defeated in the desert served a hidden Master within the city. Acting on a tip, the tribe approached the Old Temple Quarter, a particularly nasty section of the Thieves Quarter. The ruins of ancient temples crumbled into the twisting alleys of the slum.

Disaster struck almost immediately. Foul sorceries seeped from the ancient stones. The tribe was thrown into confusion by shadows and illusions. As Malik guided his new carpet over the roofs of the slum Akbar suddenly stood and walked off the carpet. Malik cirlced back only to see his friend calmly sitting on a rubble pile, examining an old brick. Everywhere in the darkness there were curses and cries of alarm as warriors tripped in the darkness or stumbled into walls. The Witch of Ghut attempted to ease the confusion by conguring a magic light, but the dark powers continually dowsed the feeble light as often as she called it forth.

The Temple Quarter
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548ab8ba0700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Devil Doers! Clumsy Devil Doers.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548ab93b3600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa6ba1900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Possessed enter a ruined Nehekharan temple.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa73b2800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Total disaray in the Nomad ranks.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa4ba1b00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Amra and Malik fly above it all.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa53b2a00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The ancient Prince KaHotep and his minions confront Vigor and Redrum.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa33b2c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa0ba1f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Meanwhile outside the temple...
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa13b2e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Cultists stumble about in confusion.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aaf3b2000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A Beastman is set to ambush Malik and Amra.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aacba1300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Until Amra steps off the carpet and Malik flies it into the street below...
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a90ba2f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a913b1e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Desperate battle as undead attack Possessed.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aaeba1100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

It goes badly for the Tomb Prince.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a9eba2100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Still hallucinating Amara is attacked by the Beastman, then Malik flies by on the carpet...
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a9f3b1000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Help is far away. The deluded Nomads could mount no cooridinated attack.
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a9cba2300000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle

Prince KaHotep fell to Vigor's claws. His minions crumbled and the Possessed won the day. The Devil Doers had several henchmen wander off into the town, but only one snake was truly out of action (bitten by another snake) and it recovered from its injuries. The fabulous treasure yeilded gems, light armor and some swords.

No Nomads went out of action despite spending the game helplessly milling around in circles. After the battle Haroum bribed a guard at the prison to release a veteran warrior.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013 - 17:40

GREAT STUFF! An interesting tale, splendidly narrated, AND LOTS OF OH-SO-COOL PHOTOS! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013 - 4:50

Way too many - fail a Ld test or run away or move randomly - tests.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013 - 14:08

Week 13--Continued

The Mummy II

The Buccaneers race Dark Elves to a hidden hoard. Sometimes randomly generated scenarios seem to fall in clumps. We had not played this scenario at all during the last 12 weeks, then we played it twice in one night.

Harganok passed on this campaign when we started, but its lasted long enough that his conflict has ended (as others began). So I am pleased to present a report by Harganok with photos by playtable:

I was playing as my Dark Elf warband ('Durian the Terrible and the Sea Slayers') against Chris's warband (some type of humans with lots and lots and lots of shooty guys) in a scenario to rob the mummy's tomb in the center of the board. It was night, so we could see a total of 15 inches ( another 6" for my elves!) and the weather was normal.
We both started out running for the mummy's tomb (in the center) from opposing board edges with little else happening for the first 2 turns other than movement and a lot of Chris' guys falling down in the dark.

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aad3b2200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa93b2600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a953b1a00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aaaba1500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a96ba2900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a973b1800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

On turn 3, with my three crossbow elves and sorcerer on top of the mummies tomb building looking down into it, I ran a lone corsair inside to goad the sleeping bundle of moldy rags out for a fight. He showed up immediatly with 4 henchmen (some type of skeleton guards?), in perfect sight of my repeating crossbows (Chris was still to far away to be part of the action at this point in the game).

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aab3b2400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548aa8ba1700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a94ba2b00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

During the shooting phase I unloaded double crossbow shots into the skeletons from above and took 2 out of action immediately. My wizard failed his Death Spasm spell. The mummy and his remaining henchmen charged into my lone corsair at the end of my turn, and the corsair was taken out by a lowly skeleton. In Chris's turn, one of his guys on top of a building was just in range of one of my guys on the roof of the mummy's tomb, so he shot him with a hunting rifle and took him out.

The next turn saw diving charges from above as my leader and 2 fighty hero-types landed on the mummy. Shooting took out another one of the skeleton henchmen (leaving one left) and my wizard continued to fluff his spellcasting. Melee saw my leader crit the mummy (2 wounds!) followed up with ANOTHER crit from the next guy (another 2 wounds!) that took the mummy out. So, I was able to take the old rotten corpse down without retaliation, and the last skeleton crumbled to dust as a result of losing his leader..... Diving charges RULE!!!
Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a933b1c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

After this hard fought victory over the dead, the elves had no time to regroup before the majority of Chris's band burst into the chamber from 2 directions firing their blackpowder weapons wildly.

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db36b3127cce98548a92ba2d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A hit from a blunderbuss hit 3 elves and knocked one down, followed by a crazy lucky pistol bullet from another miscreant that managed to ricochet TWICE and zinged through the same 3 models. After the smoke cleared I had lost a couple of heroes, including my leader, and decided to voluntarily rout. At the end though, I got a ton of experience from killing undead and being a massive underdog (119 rating vs. 450 ) and no one was injured or died from wounds. So even though it was a loss, it was still a very very good first outing for Durian's Sea Slayers.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013 - 14:57

I guess "the race is not always to the swift" thingy is operable here. Good Report & LOVELY PHOTOS! With almost all the minis painted up & ALL THAT WONDERFUL terrain, this was an especially attractive report. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013 - 17:32

Thanks Al, playtable has been experimenting with his new i-phone for the last month or so. It seems to take great photos (and he doesn't 'forget' it!) Razz
Saturdayheim--Ye Ruins of Bel Alaid

Ye Treasures of Ye Ancients
A Wyrdstone Hunt in Araby.

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Dark_ruin_of_an_abbey_against_a_moonlit_sky___no_2_by_sad_fantasy-d5mlx7e

Hakim the tomb robber woke with a start. He had come to the ruins of Bel Alaid to search for lost treasures. Yesterday he had found a particularly promising site. He had decided to make a dry camp in the ruins to ensure he could continue his exploration in the morning. But now as he awoke alone in the night, he regretted his decision. Something moved in the night. No several somethings! Hakim wished for a fire, even though he knew to light one would be suicide.

The tomb robber rolled out of his blankets as silently as possible. Slowly he peered over the crumbling wall he had taken shelter behind. The ruins were bathed in moonlight. At first Hakim could see nothing but silent desolation. Then he heard a stone roll. To the north a squad of soldiers marched toward him out of the darkness. They were silent except for the scrape of their feet on sand and stone. Hakim could not tell from thier armor whom they served. Their faces were pale in the moonlight. Their eyes sunken into shadowed pools. Their limbs were stick thin. Hakim thought at first that the soldiers were starvlings, a lost patrol returning from the privation of the desert. Then one of the men stopped and turned full into the light. His face was gone! A an eyeless skull seemed to search the darkness as a scout would look for enemies. Hakim had seen the like in far Khemri, yet he nearly swooned to see the Dead Army here in Araby.

Suddenly the scout was hit with something. The skeleton was knocked back by the missile, but did not fall. Hakim searched the darkness as the silent, dead patrol spread out and advanced toward thier enemies. Two of them strung bows to fire arrows back at the ambushers, while a third began to chant in a hollow voice. Sorcery! Hakim saw the ambushers. Lithe, tall men who seemed to flow over the broken ground with un-natural grace. At first Hakim beleived he witnessed a battle between different types of the undead. He had seen such things, heard the tales of blood-drinking killers. Then one of the ambushers was transfixed by a javelin. Blood spurted from the wound, black in the un-natural light. Hakim heard shouts and battle cries in an alien toungue. Elves!

The immortal elves closed with the slower undead. Three of the undead were not totally fleshless. These warriors were wrapped in bandages, metal glinted as moonlight caught their trappings. Mummies! The quicker elves swarmed around the ponderous undead, overcoming the horrors with speed and numbers.

Post Battle
My Tomb Guardians were forced from the field once one of the Mummies fell. One skeleton was permanently destroyed and the fallen Mummy suffered a leg wound making him even slower!

The Dark Elves lost two henchmen, but recovered all of the treasures (2) AND looted a tomb in Exploration!
Seas of Sand - Page 3 480167

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 20 May 2013 - 6:03; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013 - 17:43

Hakim is a rare creature...he's one that actually found a use for Elves. Suspect
COOL REPORT! I'm becoming a fan of your narrative style. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013 - 21:17

That was a close game VK. Well worth the long trip up I hope! It was looking like the mummies were going to take it when my shooting could not hit the broad side of a Rosie O'Donnell... but eventually it swung a bit towards the Sea Slayers, and the elves pulled out a win. Really good game!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013 - 21:39

Quote :
Well worth the long trip up I hope!

Very well worth! I had my chances to tip things my way. The dice were equally unkind.

@Al, thanks for the compliment.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2013 - 19:43

Week 14--Ships of the Desert Passing in the Night

Cast for the week:
Chad--Witch Hunters
Playtable--Possessed
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads

Chad found the Tombs of Khemri weeks (a month) ago but various work conflicts, vacations and the like have conspired to keep us from exploring them in the campaign, so we just played a few more games in the Great Desert...

Ye Pools of Despair

Ye Chance Encounter

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Witchhunter

playtable wrote:
Daytime
Chad set up with a firing line in center.

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db07b3127cce98548b6ffac900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Random event on Chad's 1st turn: 3 wild dogs appeared behind me. 1 failed charge on my ogre. 1 died to a charge on a spearman. Don't remember the 3 rd, I think he died from silver arrows, maybe a bow shot.
Scared one (who failed the charge) ended up running off the board when my Lazar got close to it.

I rushed my fast guys around to his weaker side and sent henchmen to face off his ogre, flagellants, and blunderbuss

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db07b3127cce98548b6c7bfa00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Seas of Sand - Page 3 47a3db07b3127cce98548b6dfacb00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

All his shooting, & hth made me take a rout test after I only got 1 good turn in hth with my heroes.
I failed the rout test.
Witch Hunters win.
I kept my 1 shard.
Chad got more.
My snake charmer died!
Chad had no deaths.
Exploration: I rolled 5 fives got a Liber Chaotica.
Supply Source: Found city but forgot to look for anything other than another snake charmer!

Chadwicc wrote:
I set up my Captain, Tilean, and two Henchman in the ruins on the center dune. Missed a bunch of shots but ended up slowing him down enough to take down his ogre, sorcerer, two spearmen, and his snake charmer. Possessed routed on a roll of ten. My ogre OOA'd the sorcerer and a spearman; my carpet gang got his ogre; crossbows stunned guys and OOA'd the snake charmer.
Ye Ruins of Bel Alaid

Ye Skirmish in Ye Ruins

Seas of Sand - Page 3 Flying-Carpet
"Bring us closer!" growled Akbar. Malik was frustrating the veteran despite the mage's skill at commanding the Djinni of the Carpet. So far the mage had lost the high ground to the Outlanders by fleeing from phantoms conjured by the infidel wizard. Now a neat line of the barbarians had drawn up in front of them, just out of range.

Driven by the chance to redeem himself, Malik flew the carpet through a hail of bullets and arrows. KaBoom! Akbar fired his blunderbuss into the mass of pirates. The Barbarian line disolved into bloody chaos. Malik felt like cheering until the infidel wizard appeared out of the gunsomke. Suddenly Malik felt a terrible dread overcome him. Unthinking of anything except fleeing from the terrible deamons in his mind, Malik ordered the Carpet to fly away!

Akbar and Amra hung on desperately as the Carpet reversed direction. The Carpet missed crumbling walls by inches, then slammed into a lone palm tree at full speed! Malik was thrown to the ground unconscious. Amra was dashed against the palm. He fell at the base of the trunk, a bloody mess. Only Akbar clung stubbornly to the Carpet as it veered away from the tree. However as the Carpet sped toward a ruined city gate Akbar lept toward the ground. As he landed, he stared in disbelief as the carpet narrowly missed the ruin only to crash into the stony ground (and a startled monkey.)

A cheer went up from the pirate ranks as the Barbarians surged forward to capture the downed Carpet. The Nomads answered with a roar and rushed to meet them.

Post Battle
The Buccaneers fled the wrath of the Nomads. Only the captured monkey that was crushed by the Carpet died.
Tariq III and Mamoud died on the Nomad side. Babiars survived against the odds and Amra fully recovered.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2013 - 20:30

COOL REPORTS! I love the imagery the Flying Carpet conjures up..."Curse you, Red Emir!". Too bad about the rug killed monkey. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seas of Sand
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next