Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Seas of Sand

Go down 
+6
Pervavita
Spectre76
SerialMoM
Alex
DeafNala
Von Kurst
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013 - 6:23

Week 1--Al Haikk, the City of Thieves

We started a new desert campaign on the night of an ice storm!

Cast
Bob--Savage Orcs (Karak Azgul)
Chad--Witch Hunters
EvilTed--Ostlanders
Matt--Reiklanders
Myth--Dwarf Treasure Hunters
Playtable--Possessed
Robperk--Bretonnian Chapel Guard (Athel Loren)
Smalls--Bretonnian Buccaneers (Sartosa)
TJ--Pirate Clan Eshin
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads (Original Khemri website)

Myth read the weather forcast and stayed home.

The City of Al-Haikk was the scene of much violence and larceny last week. The Caliph blames gangs of Adventurers, mainly northern infidels from the lands of the Oppressors...

Seas of Sand Bazaar-crop2

Pressgang!
Thieves Quarter: The Thieves Quarter is a warren of twisting alleys hardly called streets. The place is mostly a ruin left from the bitter battles for the town in past wars. There is no law here and no mercy.
TJ wrote:
Captain Cluny and his pirate rodents ventured into the Thieves Quarter for easy money. They heard humans can be sold to other ships as crew for good money.
We had 12 drunks all together and playtable and I split them down the middle.
His leader was taken out, no other OOA's for either of us.
I found 6 shards, a dark elf assassin was impressed by the rat camaraderie and joined us for free.

playtable wrote:
First off, my Magister, A**hat, got Dark Blood for his spell. That means he will always stay hidden in the back and do nothing until he gets something else. (Especially after Round 1). Bummer. A**hat, got taken OOA by a drunk==> got multiple wounds==> one injury==> full recovery.

For my Round 1, 12 drunks, we got 6 each, TJ had less die so he won.
Arabian Quarters: The Caliph of Al-Haikk nominally rules the Arabyan Quarters of the town although this prince can really do nothing without the support of the IMC. Still as long as a disturbance is not deemed rebellion, it is left to the Caliph’s men to deal with.
Von Kurst vs Bob
I win by not routing. I took none of Bob's savage orcs out of action. The drunks got 3 including his leader. One angry drunk got 2 of my henchmen. So Haroum (my leader) killed the drunken infidel. Bob starts over--his Leader took a deep wound to miss 3 games to start.
My thief steals a Lucky Charm. Not a bright use of a Thief. On the other hand the Nomads were able to bribe a Greedy Guard at the local prison and netted an inexpensive, but grateful warrior.
The Merchant's Quarter: The Merchant Quarter of Al-Haikk is a bit of the Northern Kingdoms transplanted on Arabyan soil. The laws of Araby do not apply here. Here stern Men-at-Arms enforce the laws of the Empire and Tilea. The Imperial Merchants Council rules with a firm hand. The Council is backed by the mailed might of the Crusader Knights of the Citadel and grim Man o’ War in the harbor.

EvilTed wrote:
Sigvauld Bearslayer's Huntsmen (Ostlanders) met a Reikland mercenary warband in the crowded streets of the Merchant District. They seemed to be scouting out an abandoned fort.

Seas of Sand 1stbattle002_zpsb4907bd9

Walking through the crowd we noticed an empty home nearby and moved through as The Bear made his way through the crowd.

Within moments the crowds began to take flight as a camel came crashing through the streets loaded down with crates and the ogre took two crossbow bolts to the chest. Quickly Uric gave blessings to Taal as he offered a blessed casket of ale to The Bear and he was healed of his injuries. Making our way slowly through the crowd towards the enemy we saw the camel make its escape from the city.

The Bear.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle003_zpscd64c417

Our huntsman sat at the top of a building to harass the Reikland marksmen causing one of them to fall a great distance from the top of the ruined forts battlements.

Seas of Sand 1stbattle001_zps90f39fef

He survived the fall to make his way to a gateway then succumbed to his wounds as Sigvauld and his blood brothers made it to combat with members of the opposing warband.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle004_zps5d1f1048

With the Reiklanders fleeing, we were joyous in our victory and celebrated at a local inn for our first real trip into the city of Al Haikk

A Reiklander Marksman died. A Tilean Marksman returns a favor to replace him.

The notorious Smuggler Cap'n White and his scurvy dogs prepare to repel boarders.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle005_zpsf8d21b51

The Buccaneers advance...
Seas of Sand 1stbattle006_zpsdbc6bcb9

The unpainted Skaven attack the ship!
Seas of Sand 1stbattle007_zpsfc6a1db6

The Buccaneers form a line.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle008_zps15d25932

TJ wrote:
I beat Chris, carrying off 5 crates, however my leader and a black skaven are missing the next game.
Captain Cluny meets an Arabyan Merchant during exploration.
Seas of Sand PressGang001_zpsb367fbc3

Seas of Sand PressGang002_zpsa8b7a6ea

[quote=”playtable”]For my Round 2, less drunks (maybe 8?), Bob routs but ended up with more live drunks.
I had 2 drunks in HTH when Bob routed so game ended before I could get them.
I think I took 2 of Bob's heroes OOA.[/quote]
For the Savage orcs: possibly they lost a boy. A hero got Hardened.
Von Kurst’s Arabyan Nomads confront Chad’s Witch Hunters and Robperk’s Bretonnians. The Arabyans met a Healer they don't need yet. It rains! No one has guns, so it didn't matter. Chad routs, then Rob routs.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle009_zps58fe3fee

Rob’s Knights drive the Witch Hunters from the field.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle010_zpse406e9ed

The Knights attempt to subdue drunken Nehekharans.
Seas of Sand 1stbattle011_zps91cdbdaa

Post Battle
The Witch Hunter Captain was taken out of action by a drunk. (The third leader of the night to fall to the drunks!) The Captain fully recovered. It is possible some henchmen were killed, but this is not recorded.

The Bretonnians lost a henchman killed by drunks. One knight errant was wounded, but survived.

Several Arabians were wounded in the fray, but none were taken out of action. In exploration, they discover a Hochland Long Rifle in an unguarded crate. They meet the Arabyan Merchant too. The thief steals Tarot Cards. (Much better.)

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 3 Mar 2013 - 2:15; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013 - 13:22

HOORAY! The action continues in exotic Araby! FINE reports & COOL photos! cheers
I'm hoping for the appearance of a certain short, pudgy Arabian Guide, Fasail Fuzzyfoote. clown
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013 - 16:25

Apparently Arabyan drunks are badass. Sounds like you guys keep having fun!

It was a nice read but it left me wanting to see more of the warriors involved, I believe that was Krell skulking around and an ash waste shaman dancing on a hut.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013 - 19:50

Quote :
I'm hoping for the appearance of a certain short, pudgy Arabian Guide, Fasail Fuzzyfoote.

i might have to do something like that, I have no great motivation to write for the Nomads at the moment.

Quote :
It was a nice read but it left me wanting to see more of the warriors involved, I believe that was Krell skulking around and an ash waste shaman dancing on a hut.

I think there was some mixup in which box of minis got to the game there. The Ostlanders were a combination of Undead and Crocodile Games Asar. The pirates got a good showcase. pirat
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013 - 8:15

Great start. I would love to see the chapel guard in some presentation pictures.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013 - 13:22

Von Kurst wrote:
i might have to do something like that, I have no great motivation to write for the Nomads at the moment.

I'd find it hard to write for that band of religious fanatics also; they're even less likable than the Witch Hunters. I suggest a change of background & a movie. Watch Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time; check out Sheik Amar & his band of Ostrich racing hoodlums. Something like that sounds much more enjoyable to narrate than devote followers of Islam. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 3:59

Quote :
I would love to see the chapel guard in some presentation pictures.

I'll pass that along to the photographer. Smile

Quote :
Watch Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time; check out Sheik Amar & his band of Ostrich racing hoodlums. Something like that sounds much more enjoyable to narrate than devote followers of Islam.

Haroum is based on a RE Howard character from an old short story collection called Sowers of Thunder. But I'm not REH. Thanks for the Prince of Persia lead!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar 2013 - 20:29

Ye Oasis of One Thousand and One Camels

The warbands set out into the desert on the first leg of their journey to the land of Khemri.

Cast
Chad--Witch Hunters
EvilTed--Ostlanders
Malnap--Arabian Nomads (Original Khemri website)
Matt--Reiklanders
Playtable--Possessed
TJ--Pirate Clan Eshin

Malnap rejoins us after a few campaigns off.

Seas of Sand GulfofMedes

Defend the Oasis, Part I

As told by malnap:

Following with the Egyptian/Khemri theme of the models I will be using for this campaign, I have decided to name my warband The Pharaoh's Chosen. I will be presuming they are a slightly odd group of Arabian nomads who greatly revere their Khemri ancestry (or at least strongly believe they had Khemri ancestry and revere that!). Any breaks from actual setting canon you may feel free to attribute to the ravings of some delusional madman (either my warband leader or myself personally at your discretion). As such, here are my reports for the week.

I, Mahlotep, Bringer of the Rains, Protector of the Sands, Lord of the Floods, Smiter of the Unworthy, Raiser of the Sun, Shade of my People, Heir to All the Glory and Riches of Khemri, do so record these most holy of words, such that those who come after shall know of the path I walked before realizing my ultimate destiny and ascending to glory!

Long have I known of my purpose. Only recently, though, do I see the signs that my time of ascension has arrived. Many are the visions that have come to me, and guided by them I begin to walk my path. My followers are few in number at present, but they are loyal and serve me well. They found for me the Oasis of My Dreams and we lingered there for some time. However, the heat of my land grew unbearable, so I removed my glorious armored vestments. The heat also attracted others to this Oasis, people of this land they call Araby, my people though not yet loyal to me. As was proper, I ordered my people to turn them back, for the Oasis was mine and we would defend it.

It seemed at first that the land sided with us, sending my enemies chasing things that did not exist, but this did not last. As battle was joined, I received visions leading my away from the conflict. I wandered after them, not yet understanding. Only when the vision left me, did I turn back to see a great herd of horses galloping madly across the sands. Then I knew, it was time to move on. I led my people away, well supplied from the Oasis and ready for the next leg of our journey. Hapu, my Bedouin scout was foolish and allowed these encroaching nomads to wound his hand. He and his brother Hapi assure me though, this will not diminish his usefulness to me, so in my service he remains.

Post Battle
The True Sons of the Desert defeated the deluded Nehekharans. Babiars suffered Horrible Scars. The True Sons met an Arabian Patrol during exploration. The Patrol was offered hospitality, in return they offered knowledge of the surrounding desert. The warband made a brief trip back to Al-Haikk to refit. The Thief failed to steal anything but was not caught. Another warrior was recruited.
________________________________________________________________________________________
The Signpost

Myth wrote:
First game against Bob went well, except for it being Hot as Hades. He slaughtered me and he found the sign post, and my leader got -1 toughness. I got 55 gold from searching.

Bob's Savage Orcs made around 80 gc. They returned to Al-Haikk to trade.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Desert Skimish
playtable wrote:

Possessed vs Reiklanders--day time, good weather
Too many palm trees for the shooty human warband. After moving up they started moving back.
Random Event: 4 wardogs came in beside them and HTH ensued.
No shooting was effective and after loosing a hero and a henchman, Matt routed.
I only got one of my possessed into HTH.
Low Baller, a Bretheren got Lasd’s Got Talent to give me 6 heroes.
Possessed: 1 win in the desert

The Possessed took their loot back to Al-Haikk. On the way they found some lost children...
The Caravan, Part I

Chadwicc wrote:
The Hunters of the Fallen vs Ted, day with good weather. Ostlanders lead the caravan and have a hard time with camels being stubborn. Early in the game a giant scorpion enters behind my shooting line. It takes two wounds from some arrows and bolts then moves through one of the Zealots and then on to the Tilean Marksmen before I can get wariors to take it out.

Midfield, Straps (flagellants) and Algden Smighter (Warior Priest), take on the Ogre for about six turns of nothing, Straps is knocked down a few times and then finally Algden goes OOA. I pass my rout test, I'm now down 5 of my 14 members, and decide to stay. I take out a second member of Ted's band by charging into the guys leading camels and on his turn he rolls two 6's for his test and runs away.

Post game the Tilean dies, Algden gets robbed, and Durstrom (Captain) shoots a gazelle and the band has a feast.

EvilTed wrote:
Witch hunters! They blocked the way and proceeded to engage the family at range until a giant scorpion attacked them from behind.

While they engaged the giant scorpion, Vald the ogre decided he would play some sort of rough ogre game with the enemy priest and a fanatical follower. After quite a while of the brothers and hunters of Ostland taking it to the witch hunters we ran because the inspiring war cries of Sigvald were no longer heard.

Seas of Sand Attachment

To be continued...

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 3 Mar 2013 - 2:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 2:12

Week 2--Cont'd

The Caravam, Part II
Seas of Sand The_Camel_Train

EvilTed wrote:
Game 2 - attack a caravan

Dwarves leading a caravan were passing through a relatively cool part of the desert. We ran up upon them and managed to take two of the pack animals from them before they bolted. Vald apparently learned a slayer trick from this fight because he can slip in another hit when we do our drills.

Myth wrote:
I played Ted and he hurt my Thane, giving him -1 Initiative. No one died fortunately.
Defend the Oasis, Part II

playtable wrote:
Game 2: Possessed defend
Possessed vs Bob’s Orcs, daytime, good weather (until a random event on 3rd turn changed it to the hot one)
Possessed spread out around the oasis, Orcs all come in together
No success with any shooting the whole game.
When the random event strikes and the Orcs start taking Ld test most wander around.
The Possessed stay close and hide in cover.
2nd Random Event happens for a SECRET. Orc shaman gets it.
Some Orcs finally get close enough and charge into HTH with a Beastman.
Possessed counter charge. Orcs start going OOA. At one point there was the Orc boss and 3 or 4 other orcs, both possessed, a mutant, and 2 beastmen in one giant HTH battle.
Orcs route.
Possessed: 2nd win in desert.
Woo Hoo.
The Trail of Skulls
TJ wrote:
Game 1 vs chad.. Street fight( well the variant of) it was dark with clear weather

We ran towards each other as fast as possible, and after I killed his priest with a lucky 6+ needed sling attack, then I dropped a wolf and another random guy I believe. Chad chose the better part of valor and ran.

Chadwicc wrote:
Tj makes quick work of Lucy and Sebastion the warhounds, takes a sling shot at Algden and takes him out....Six rounds with an Ogre and a stupid sling takes him out! At some point I lost my fourth member and choose to rout.

Post game Algden dies, boo TJ. He must have sustained worse wounds that he thought from that Ogre. Lucy also dies, those giant rats must have been diseased...I get to hunt gazelle again and the band toasts to the memory of Algden.
Horse Thieves
Another Report from Malnap:
Heed the voice of Mahlohtep.
Hapi's words proved true as it was he who discovered a large herd of horses, poorly guarded by evil men, just as my vision had foretold. I instructed my people to claim these beasts for us, as all horses of this land are rightfully mine. However, no sooner than we approach then a dirty band of vile barbarians from the north descend upon them as well.

I nearly thought I had misread my vision somehow, but then I saw a well laden camel run by us, and escapee from a caravan! Those supplies were more valuable than horses in this land and they would be mine! My trials were not over, however, as the fool barbarians spooked the horses into a frenzied stampede in their efforts to capture them while the cowardly guards refused to face the northmen and attempted to ride down my followers. We laid them low with spear and blade and let the parched sand drink of their blood. Hapi recovered the goods while we did this.

The barbarians had ruined any chance of us capturing horses this day, and some of my warriors were lost to fighting. I feared Ammon, my arcane adviser, had been killed, but he rose defiant, spitting vile curses at the departed spirit of the man who had laid him low. And our trials bore a surprising fruit, as Heru, a lowly warrior, showed unsurpassed courage and skill in the fighting and has elevated himself in my eyes.

Post Battle
Matt 's Reiklanders captured 3 horses, one of which turned out to be a warhorse.
The Reiklanders win due to capturing the most horses.
The Caravan, Part III
I chose to play the caravan. Against skaven. I should have abandonded the camels and taken cover in a nearby palm grove, but no. The True Sons of the Desert blundered into the ambush...

TJ wrote:
Game 2. Vs The True Sons of the Desert.
Daytime sweltering heat (Hot as Hades)
After multiple turns of relatively useless shooting from both sides and much confusion from the heat, we engaged in melee. The Nomads routed after I took a few guys out but they got some of mine as well. I made 139 gold all together from this second game and found abunch of equipment to sell or trade.

Babiars the oft injured is now frenzied. The Sons returned to Al-Haik again to refit. The theif stole some Nomad Robes for Haroum to protect him from the awful heat. The warrior Amra becomes a hero.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
End of Week 2
We're going kind of slow this time. No one has more than four games after two weeks. Next week we will be taking a break from exploration to spend money in Al-Haikk. No one is lost in the desert. Rob, Chris, Myth and Malnap have failed to win a game at the Oasis, thus they may not advance to the Ruins of Bel Alaid until they do.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 2:39

COOL REPORT even without photos...but now I have the theme from Lawrence of Arabia cycling through my head. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 18:11

Quote :
COOL REPORT even without photos...but now I have the theme from Lawrence of Arabia cycling through my head. clown

We seem to have reached one of those photo droughts. I blame photobucket even though the camera has stayed home for 2 weeks now.
Week 3--Skullduggery in Al-Haikk

Cast this week
Chad--Witch Hunters
Matt--Reiklanders
Myth--Da Mob
Playtable--Possessed

Myth felt no mojo with the Stunties, so he borrowed Chad's orcs. Seas of Sand 665330

Fancy Meeting YOU 'ere!
A Chance Encounter Variant occuring in the Thieves Quarter.

Seas of Sand Ac-art5

Myth wrote:
First battle was against Rob! We played Chance Encounter. Even though the Fuzz showed up and tried to bust the greenskins we managed to fend off the evil Bretonnian invaders and drive them back to whatever evil realm spawned such EVVVVVIL people like them!
_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Eaters of the Dead

Report by malnap:

I, Mahlotep, Bringer of the Rains, Protector of the Sands, Lord of the Floods, Smiter of the Unworthy, Raiser of the Sun, Shade of my People, Heir to All the Glory and Riches of Khemri, do so record these most holy of words, such that those who come after shall know of the path I walked before realizing my ultimate destiny and ascending to glory!

After gathering some additional followers and blessing the merchant who sold them with a generous sum of gold I decided it was time to let my people rest and led them to Al-Haikk. My kindness was revisited upon me, no sooner than we reached this grand city during the dark of night than I was approached with a great mission. A man was in need of rescue, one that would prove crucial to my ascension I am certain. He was afflicted with a terrible curse, but could be kept sane by a powerful artifact. This task would prove a true trial for ghouls in great numbers prowled the streets this night seeking this man and any others that might cross them.

I ordered my people to secure this man's safety, regardless of cost in lives. Those who died would live forever in my Glory! They took heart from this and refused to flee even as our numbers dwindled. So hard were we pressed that I was forced to wield my Divine Wrath against no less than two foul ghouls personally. Even as I smote them, the cursed man frothed and attacked my followers while My Champion approached with the artifact. As she brought it's calm to him, I had my first glimpse of green skinned brutes charging toward us from the darkness. Foul orcs for certain, cruel and ferocious, but quarrelsome and slow, they sought the same man as I, to what dark purpose I care not. This man's safety being too precious to risk, I ordered a withdrawal, slowing the orcs to buy My Champion time. They grew frustrated with their lack of progress, the largest of them abandoned caution and lead a charge against our line only to be felled by one of my lowliest followers. And yet they came, sending more of my people to the cold stones of the city, but we had prevailed! Even as they would overwhelm us, My Champion hauled the cursed man to safety and I led my people from the field. By My Grace, all those who fell to ghoul or orc were made whole to rise again and fight for me. Only Ammon showed any lasting injury, I believe it will trouble him the rest of his days.

My labor was rewarded both with gold in great quantity and invaluable knowledge of this city. I was even able to discover a well hidden black market. Having no need of such underhanded merchants, I sent my subjects to alert the proper authorities of this, receiving a generous tithe for my righteousness. With my coffers near bursting, I recruited many to my cause. I now lead a truly formidable force, not yet worthy of me, but they come nearer to their calling and I to mine.

Ammon suffers an Old Battle Wound.

Bob's Savage Orc Boss attacks a lowly slave and gains the Madness injury for his trouble. He now drools. (Er, the Boss drools.)
Pressgang!

Haroum led the True Sons of the Desert through the deserted alleys of the Thieves Quarter. The Wanderer was intent on showing some infidel drunkards the error of their ways this night. Despite their righteous purpose, the tribe made a dreary procession. A rare rainstorm had blown off the coast to wash the streets of Al-Haikk. Torches sputtered. The men clutched their amulets and muttered in their beards.

"Brothers!" cried the newest member of the band, a Holy Man known as the Voice of the Desert. "Rejoice in the bounty of the One! He sends life to the tents of the tribe. Be strong in the face of the unbeliver!"

Suddenly there was a scream from the darkness ahead. Haroum glimpsed a horned shadow creeping along an alley. "Beware my Brothers!" cried the Voice. "Evil walks the night!"

Post Battle
Only 1 drunk of six surrendered to the tribe. 3 or 4 succumbed to the blandishments of Chaos. As usual an angry drunk got the better of Fisal and Hassan. The stubborn infidel also held off the attentions of the Possessed, Vigor, and survived the battle uncaptured. A Brethern smote Akbar, causing the loss of one eye.

The Possessed bribed a guard to release a Darksoul held in the dungeons of the city. The Nomad's thief, Baba Ali, stole another Nomad Robe and the Sons encountered an informant with loose lips.

playtable wrote:
Possessed all lived, both games!!! This is a record, 6 games - no deaths!

LGT Low Baller went OOA and has to miss 3 games to recover.
Down on the Docks, Part 1

Pirates and Witch Hunters paused. Even over the bark of swivel guns, the combantants could hear a roar of angry humanity. Something was not right. Suddenly the streets filled with angry Arabians screaming for the blood of infidels, foreign devils and blasphemers.

As one the Bretonnian pirates and the Imperial Templars fled the area. The smugglers raised anchor and cast off into the harbor as the crowd jeered.

The game ended on the third turn due to the event Angry Mob! No casualties are reported.

(To be continued...)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 18:25

ONCE MORE even without photos the Reports were COOL. Mahlotep is many sandwiches shy of a picnic. thumbsup

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :

We seem to have reached one of those photo droughts. I blame photobucket even though the camera has stayed home for 3 weeks now.

I used to blame George Bush for anything & everything that went wrong; now I have Photo Bucket. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 20:39

Quote :
I used to blame George Bush for anything & everything that went wrong; now I have Photo Bucket.

At least they are good for something. farao
Week 3--Continued

Fancy Meeting YOU 'ere! Part II

The lead boy swayed a bit from the 'shine. He squinted his eyes to make sure of the apparition approching him. Yup, it was one of them. "Bosssh!" croaked the orc. 'Bosssh, izz one o' dem fings!"

"A fing?" querried da Boss.

"Ya," said the boy pointing around the corner of the narrow alley. "One o' dem grib...drib...fings!"

"A wot?" growled da Boss. The boy was beginning to get on his nerves. Just say it and be done, that was his motto!

"A gribb...Oi!" the boy was jerked off his feet by a large tentacle that whipped around the corner.

"A gribbly fing!" shouted da Boss. "Letz bash 'im ladz!"

Post Battle
Myth wrote:
Second battle was against Jim L. and we played....crap. I forget. The one where the board is divided between us. I don't remember. But he *smashed* my warband to teeny wheeny greeny pieces!

BTW, Chad is the man. All hail Chad!

playtable wrote:
My 2nd game, with John, Thieves Quarter, was the table corners one, daytime, good weather.
He played Orcs, he had to come around the corner of the center building (the NCO club) to get to me and couldn't bring his better numbers to bear soon enough. He also had a very large amount of squabbling.

I've hired a Snake charmer, who now has 4 snakes, 14 members, 9gc, and 213 rating. One of my mutants now has 2 wounds. I found the black market and bought 2 rabbit's feet.
I may regret not hiring a Nomad Scout yet.
Guard Me Well
A variant of the Bodyguards scenario.

Haroum sighted down the barrel of the long rifle. The traitor, Jebbel Sag, was nowhere to be seen, but he could count ten maybe eleven of the northern infidels. The day was clear, the enemy had obligingly occupied an ancient portion of the city wall. His men had them cut off from the harbor and any aid. Haroum squeezed the trigger gently.

Kaboom! One of the infidels collapsed. Now the True Sons would rush the fort's only entrance and the day was his! Haroum began the process of re-loading the weapon. He did not see that none of his men appeared in the streets. He did not see the Reikland crossbows turn toward the lone figure on the roof top. Haroum did feel the bite of the bolt that knocked him senseless.

Haroum awoke to the sound of screaming. This was good. The infidel should scream in terror at their fate. The Sheik gingerly raised his body off of the hard roof. His fingers came away red with blood, but his helmet had protected him somewhat. Haroum became aware that most of the voices screaming where calling on the gods of the desert to save them. This was not good.

Haroum carefully raised his head above the rough parapet. The fort was a beehive of activity. Someone was pulling Jebbel toward the stairs. Haroum started to bring up his rifle, but paused as he realized several Marksmen had their weapons trained on his roof. Haroum could see that the infidels were not the ones screaming. Slowly he turned his head. The streets thronged with people fleeing. Most were fleeing toward the fort! Haroum rotated his shoulders. His wound throbbed. There! A giant crab was perched on Sirhan's chest. Fisal and Aram tried to force it back with their spears, but even as he watched, one of the great claws smashed Fisal off his feet!

Post Battle
The Sons of the Desert threw everything at the crab. I should have sacrificed Sirhan and hidden inside a building instead, but I forgot the crab was T5. Eventually the Voice killed the crab with a mighty blow from his holy staff. The Reiklanders got the Merchant off the table on their next turn.

Matt got lots of gold and a suit of Ithilmar armor. No Reiklanders went OoA. A Marksman became a hero. All of the Nomads recovered from their wounds! All 5 of them. A Tomb Robber joins the band to return a favor. The thief failed to steal anything, but eluded capture once again. Akbar gains a blunderbuss to compensate for his blindness.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 21:21

YET MORE EXCITING ACTION! I know there will be even more excitement in coming reports...might have something to do with giving the Blind Guy a blunderbuss. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2013 - 2:02

Week 3--Finale!

We were talking on another thread about forgetting baltle reports... Embarassed

Down on the Docks, Part II
(Chris claims he rolled the scenario twice in a row...)

chadwicc wrote:
The crowd was not nice to me and I kept getting knocked over. So it took me a couple turns longer to get to the ship. By the time I got there, Chris had already claimed two chests and almost had them off the board. He took out most of the ship's crew so I boarded and tried to take the ship for myself.

But I made a foolish move around the back of the central building to take a blunderbuss shot at Chris, I thought he was backing his whole band away to flee, cost me two too many casualties and I failed my rout test.

No casualties to report, my crates contained clothes and a dose of crimson shade.

A Djinni chased the Witch Hunter's Beggar from the field, but was taken out of action by a Tilean Marksman. The Witch Hunters were cursed by the banished spirit. The Hunters of the Fallen have 1 Djinni's Curse Point..
Win Loss records after 3 weeks:

Bob--Savage Orcs: 1W--3L
Chad--Witch Hunters: 1W--1D--4L
EvilTed--Ostlanders: 2W--1L
Malnap--Arabian Nomads: 1W--2L
Matt--Reiklanders: 2W--2L
Myth--Da Mob: 1W--1L
Playtable--Possessed: 5W--1L
Robperk--Bretonnian Chapel Guard: 3L
Smalls--Bretonnian Buccaneers: 2W--1D--1L
TJ--Pirate Clan Eshin: 4W
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads: 3W--3L

Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar 2013 - 3:44

Cool reports, and definitely looking forward to seeing more pics when you can. I really like reading about the exploits of your gaming group!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013 - 16:23

Von Kurst wrote:
Week 3--Finale!

We were talking on another thread about forgetting baltle reports... Embarassed

This would make me vary sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013 - 22:58

Have no fear, we have lots to report this week.

Week 4--Blood on Ye Sands of Araby

Cast
Chad--Witch Hunters
EvilTed--Ostlanders
Playtable--Possessed

Low turnout for week 4 Sad

Ye Great Ocean
Ye Salvage Operation
A version of MiM's Illegal Salvage Operation

Report written by the scribe malnap:

While bringing the corrupt merchants of this 'Black Market' to justice, I was able to learn of a hidden cache of goods and wealth, perfect for my needs. I promptly set out in search of them, though it would take me out onto to open waters. We arrived at the spot in dark of night, though a full moon shown above giving fair illumination. Enough, in fact, that we soon spotted the same green skinned devils who had plagued our rescue! They had followed us, the Infidels! Whether out of revenge or greed I know and care not, these supplies would be ours!

We quickly began gathering them in with nets bought for just this purpose. All was as I had planned, the waters themselves were on my side. The crates of goods pushed gently toward my followers while a noble crocodile plagued the orcs. Two crates were hauled aboard my divine craft while Ammon picked up a third. I ordered my vessel turned about as it was loaded fit to bursting and trusted in my followers to finish the salvage. A fool I was to trust them! As soon as they were out of my sight they began faltering and panicked. Ammon was struck down, yet again as was Heru and Hapi and several warriors. Their faith wavered and they began fleeing swiftly. They recovered from their wounds, but I had them punished for their failures! Most cried out and begged for mercy, but not Heru. He bore his beating with great courage. I no longer see fear in his eyes. He will serve me well.

Amongst what meager supplies we retrieved was a medicine chest of some worth and a bit of coin. A marginal success, from what should have been a grand victory. At least My Champion was able to catch a large fish, upon which the worthy feasted that night.

Ye Ruins of Bel Alaid

Seas of Sand Acca11

Street Brawl
A Tense Struggle between the forces of Sigmar, The One and Chaos

Mad Babiars paced the top of the jebel. From the surrounding darkness he could hear the chants of the Northern Babarians mingled with the foul bleats of the followers of Chaos. Invaders and defilers! Babiars gripped his weapons and put his back to a large boulder. "Come forth from the darkness and die!"

BOOM! Akbar One Eye fired his blunderbuss into the gloom. Screams and frenzied hissing replaced the war-cries of the Chaos worshippers. (Akbar takes a brethern and two snakes out of action with one shot!) A monstrosity charged through the tangle of bodies to fall upon the warriors of the True Sons of the Desert. Babiars prepared to charge forth to meet it. Then he heard a rock clatter from the ledge to his right. A horned, upright beast clambered on to the ledge. The goat-headed thing reared up on its hind legs and blellowed a challenge.

"Die thou Blasphemy!" shouted Babiars. He rushed along a narrow path and met the beast with sword and dagger. The beast tried to defend itself but it fell back over the cliff it had just climbed, screaming horribly until its cries were cut short on the rocks below. Babiars shouted his triumph. Then he fell silent as a miracle occured.

Haroum the Wanderer, shiek of the tribe, suddenly burst into bright flame! The fiends of Chaos cried in dismay and fled into the night leaving their fallen still on the sand. The True Sons cried out praises to the One as Haroum strode accross the top of the jebel burning with holy fire, yet unharmed! Truly a Saint of the One walked among them!

In the glow of the holy flame Babiars saw one of the barbarians marchig toward him. Overcome with holy zeal, hate and anger, Babiars leapt from the cliff toward the infidel below. Alas the base of the cliff was in deep shadow. Babiars landed poorly. Before he could fully recover the barbarian's flail crashed into his skull...

Post Battle
Chaos: the beast and a snake died. The deeply woundedd Low Baller is invalided out (or stabbed in his bed) in favor of a Beastman LGT.

The bloodied True Sons retreated from the largely unfought Witch Hunters. The warrior Hasam was killed by Witch Hunter Thompson Akbar managed to capture Thompson, who was not ransomed by his fellows. Mad Babiars becomes Hardened. The warband returned to Al-Haikk in high spirits, despite their loss. The Thief stole another Nomad Robe.

The Hunters of the Fallen accepted victory as their due. Thompson was abandoned to his fate for the sin of being captured alive. The Hunters returned to Al-Haikk. On the way they happened upon a group of Arabian pilgrims and massacred them.

One Man's Kidnap is Another Man's Rescue

Another exerpt from the Chronicles of Malhotep by the scribe malnap.
As I made my way back to the city, I found a frantic and well dressed group fearful for one their own. He had been abducted by some foul smelling barbarians. I chose to show them mercy and retrieve this man, to show my people I can be benevolent and kind.

My scouts had no trouble finding their poorly hidden camp, the smell alone gave it away. We wasted no time in attacking, sending waves of arrows into their tents. One, carrying a fearsome rifle with two barrels, was struck down immediately. These foul men had ogres with them, not one, but two of them! My lowest servants held them at bay with spears and courage.
Seas of Sand Monkeys02_zps2939f0fb

Meanwhile, my warriors and I went forward with courage to face their stench and their weapons. It was a bloody battle with many falling on both sides. Hapu was knocked out by a massive strike from an ogre, but recovered well enough. One lesser servant I allowed to pass on to the afterlife that day, for his brave service.

However, just as we were striking down the last of them, My Champion rushing to save this captive man, a hoard of fierce deesert apes burst into the camp and did bite and clawed the man terribly! He was an awful mess and died shortly after. He was clearly not strong enough to be worthy of aiding my cause. It is just as well.
Seas of Sand Monkeys01_zps316e022f

Fortune would favor me again, however, as I came upon a foul heretic spreading lies about some supposed 'god' named Sigmar. I had him slain for his blasphemy and his book of lies held so that I could know what filth he had been spreading. There is only one god in this land, and it is I!

Note:
The role of tents was played by overturned rowboats. The desert apes were represented by mutant girls in skimpy outfits. No desert apes were harmed by this adventure.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013 - 23:40

COOL REPORTS! The Blood Bowl Babes looked interesting. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar 2013 - 16:07

Quote :
The Blood Bowl Babes looked interesting. Seas of Sand 544694

Yeah, but their conversation is kinda limited, especially when they are impersonating apes.
Week 4--More Conflict at the Oasis of One Thousand and One Camels

Desert Skirmish

The Ostlanders met the Chapel Guard on a field of sand dunes.
EvilTed wrote:
Desert Skirmish was played. I suffered a miss next game but otherwise no casualties. I am unsure of any deaths on the Brettonian side.

I won the scenario and walked away with a nice little amount of denari.The warband rescued some kids and returned them to their parents when I explored. Apparently that alerted some apes and arabians (One Man's Rescue..)and my ogres carried my injured warband to a pit fighting arena where Elder Sigvald and Blood brother Ragnar both had to each fight a pit fighter. Each warrior managed to win their respective duels. Otherwise Hunter the Jaeger suffered a chest wound. Nothing else of note worthy mention occured.

Nothing of note except that the Ostlanders are Lost in the Desert!
The Signpost
playtable wrote:
I found the signpost, Bob ran.

I fired Low Baller.
I now have a 6exp. beastman hero with an extra attack and +1 leadership.
@225, 1 shard, 3gc, 14 members, 1 hired snake charmer with 3 snakes.
Seems all the snakes do is give people easy experience points.
I also lost 2 henchmen and 1 snake (from both games).
The Ruins of Bel Alaid

Surprise Attack

Shiek Haroum gazed into the black night in frustration. He had climbed to a precarious perch on this ruin to try to relocate his men. The camp had been siezed by madness when a sentry had seen odd lights in the ruins moments ago. Even he, Haroum the shiek, had run roaring into the darkness. Now he had regained his senses. The djinni of the ruins played cruel tricks. "Rally to your shiek!" Haroum bellowed. "Rally!"

A scream of agony was his only reply.

Mad Babiars is cut off and surrounded by the enemy once again!
Seas of Sand You03_zpsee931e22

Seas of Sand You06_zps713c9afc

Al Bobo is too far away to help.
Seas of Sand You02_zps2ee15e58

Seas of Sand You04_zps8fe4b865

Haroum rallys a pitiful few as the Savage Orcs close in.
Seas of Sand You01_zpsa852b717

Seas of Sand You05_zps4e47b98d

Post Battle
The True Sons were saved from annilihation by Store Closing. Fisal died of his wounds, Babiars won a Pit Fight. On the journey back to Al-Haikk, the warband discovered some unlucky Crusaders whom they looted. The Thief stole more Nomad Robes, in case the warband ever fights during daylight hours again. The Witch (I hired a Witch last week after I reaslized the Holy Man would not work for Nomads) gained the spell Light to help with dispelling the gathering darkness.

The Savage Orcs were so terrified by the Store Manager that they became Lost In the Desert as well. No Savage Orcs were even taken Out of Action by the ineffective defense of the True Sons.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 23 Mar 2013 - 12:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013 - 16:34

Yet another FINE Battle Report backed up by OH-SO-COOL Photos! The WONDERFUL terrain makes even the unpainted minis look better. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup

The one store that hosted my long gone gaming group never presented a closing problem...we had the basement & it was a bar, the Mia Tai...closing hour was 4 AM. clown
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013 - 16:39

Great seeing more reports Smile

Lovely pics and terrain.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013 - 22:16

Week 5--Ye City of Thieves

Cast
Bob--Savage Orcs
Chad--Witch Hunters
EvilTed--Ostlanders
Malnap--Arabian Nomads
Matt--Reiklanders
Playtable--Possessed
Robperk--Bretonnian Chapel Guard
Smalls--Bretonnian Buccaneers
TJ--Pirate Clan Eshin
Von Kurst--Arabian Nomads

We all made it to a game night! Five tables of action! Sadly the camera stayed home in its case.

Ye Adventures in Ye Thieves Quarter

Seas of Sand The Janissaries Patrol Izmir

Ye Heist!

From the pen of the scribe malnap:

I have always known that this world is corrupt, but I had not known how badly until this day! My Holy Vestments, My Divine Armor itself was stolen by a loathsome thief! At at the behest of yet another group of these green skinned vermin! In my wrath, I pursued them at once, back into the Thieves Quarters, an apt place for such activity. Once there, I set my forces to swiftly searching for the fiend. I was astonished to be set upon once again by simians, another form of vermin I am beginning to realize is far too prolific! My Champion and I turned to exterminate them and made short work of them, however, without My Divine Self to guide them, my followers succumbed to weakness and fell and fled as the orcs moved in to protect their stolen loot! I elected to let them keep it. My Divinity would doubtlessly rub off on the future wearer, making a follower of them soon enough. Besides, anything else I chose to wear would be equally divine. Hapu took a stray arrow but recovered well, now showing the same fearlessness as Heru. I can see my Divine Presence is starting to affect my worshipers, as I would expect it to.

Needing to hire another slave to replace one killed by orcs, and much more importantly to find a suitable replacement for my stolen vestments, I made my way to the marketplaces in a more civilized area. En route we encountered a massive hulk of a creature. An ogre he was called, massive and strong, he would be a fine addition to my forces. A few short hours later, after I briefly explained the unshakeable foundations of My Divinity, he was eager to join. I look forward to seeing my foes flee from his path.

Myth wrote:
First battle was The Heist against Jason. I managed to steal his heavy armor from him! We were in the Thieves quarter. Muahahahaha!My shaman got Multiple Wounds and rolled a 6, and so had a leg injury, hardened against fear, and had to fight the Pit Fighter. I lost and was robbed.
Pressgang! Part I
The True Sons of the Desert compete for captives with the Merry Maids of Bretonnia

The infidel was oblivious. He could barely stand, although the rough wall he leaned against helped keep him upright. Haroum, Amra and Doad approached him.

"Blessings upon you and your house," began Haroum. The infidel said something rude and made to draw his sword. Instantly Haroum drew his own scimitar. The clumsy foreigner fell stunned by the expert blow with the flat of the blade. Doad bent to secure the new galley slave. There was a low growl from an alley. Suddenly a chorus of barks signaled a charge. A pack of feral dogs fell upon Doad and the prisoner!

Post Battle
Selim the Tomb Robber was killed by the pirates. Amra was able to kill 3 dogs. The True Sons captured 4 drunks and sent 5 pirates out of action. The drunks netted 29 gold, some of which was used to bribe a prison guard to release a veteran tribesman. The thief failed to steal anything, but once again, he escaped undetected. The rest of the loot went to finding the elusive Black Market to aquire 3 Rabbit's Feet. Poor rabbits.

All of the Bretonnians recovered from their wounds, except one lost an eye. The pirates only captured 1 drunk alive, 3 more died on them. Killers, those barbarians are killers!

(To be continued)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013 - 16:40

Ye Thieves Quarter

Pressgang Part II
The Reiklanders have another lucky break versus the Devil Doers

playtable wrote:
Matt (Rieklanders) and Possessed (Devil Doers) played each other.
16" night vision,7 drunks
We came running towards each other getting drunks on the way.
Matt's shooting was plentiful but ineffective even though he has a bunch of BS5 shooters.
I used up a couple of lucky charms.
Random event: 1 guard showed up on Matt's side of the table.
The guard came running at me since everyone thinks the Possessed are evil.
Hah!
I had to take route tests with a guard on the table.
I failed my 2nd (or 3rd) test, before we could get to each other.
Matt wins.
I got 2 or 3 live drunks, I think Matt got 1.
No one from either warband went OOA.
Stupid 1 guard. If he had gotten to me, I could have taken him down.

The Rieklanders took their gains to the Horse Trader where they got a great deal on 3 used warhorses.
Pressgang Part III
The Hunters of the Fallen encountered Captain Cluny's Pi-Rats

Chadwicc wrote:
TJ and I played Pressgang and no weather happened, nor did any random events take place. Lucy and Sebastion, the warhounds, Captain Durstrom, and two of the flagellants went down during the game. The dogs lived, Captain Durstrom took and leg wound for -1 M, and despite telling TJ that one of the flagellants lived, he actually died like the other one. I was too bummed and couldn't bear to speak the truth.

The Trail of Skulls

Bob and Ted, lost in the desert

EvilTed wrote:
Trail of skulls against Bob, the street fight in the desert. The priest of Taal collapsed with heat exhaustion before the battle. I lost no one and my heroes walked away with a loss.

Once the fight was over both warbands regained their sense of direction and returned to Al-Haikk.
The Merchant's Quarter
Pressgang Part IV
Somedays everyone rolls the same scenario...Da Mob meets the Ostlanders

Myth wrote:
Second battle was a Press Gang against Ted. I lost so bad. He took out the lion's share of the drunks at 6 of them! Lost two goblins and two orc boys.

EvilTed wrote:
Against John it was Pressgang. Got 7 of the 9 drinks but 1 died. I lost a blunderbuss Jaeger and a bow Jaeger.

Was able to buy them back. Luck was on my side when fighting John's heroes and his shaman was missing the game.
Sirrah Ye Lie Part I
The Savage Orcs savage the Chapel Guard

Robperk wrote:
Against Bob I had only 3 heroes that could play and the game before that only 2.

Things are looking up for the Bret's however. I have saved up enough
for another warhorse for one of my knights errants, as well as got him
the riding skill. My Damsel will be out for one more game, but I think
everyone else will be back. I still have not got around to naming
everyone or any painting other than priming the models.

The game against Bob was not to bad considering 2 of my heroes did not
come in till late in the game and I kept rolling bad on the crowd
rolls and having guys get knocked down. I did manage to take a couple
of his heroes out of action. I only lost a few henchmen during the game, but failed
my first route test and lost the game. We also forgot to roll for the
guard and that probably would have helped me cause he was playing orcs and
they would have went after the bad guys first. In the end no one died
on either side.

I hope my warband comes around the next couple games and I can get a
good win to buy a few more guys, but I'm having fun regardless.
The Arabyan Quarter
Sirrah Ye Lie! Part II
The Nehekharans encounter the Pi-Rats

From the Chronicle of Mahlotep by the scribe malnap
Having made all the necessary purchases, I began rounding up my followers to head back to the desert. Sadly, Hapi had run afoul of yet another form of vermin, a group of foul tempered rat men! I reflect now that there will be a great deal of work to be done once I am raised to my rightful position as rule of these lands. But that task must wait.

My entourage, including My Champion, Mage, and the ogre began pushing toward the impending violence, to end it decisively in our favor. Fortunately, some worthy soul had already sent for the guards, who began patrolling for these furry invaders. Suddenly, I spotted the last few remnants of My followers rushing to aid Hapi. However, they were taken from behind and surrounded, and then the crowded market exploded in panic. By the time it cleared, they all lay on the ground bleeding.

I chastised the guards for failing to stop this and commanded them to clean away this rabble of rats! They, of course, complied with My Divine Pronouncement and rushed to Hapi's aid, the ogre eagerly charging forward as well. His path to freedom secured, I left the remaining clean up to the proper authorities, there was no further need to dirty my hands with this. Hapi had overheard, just before the commotion, a bit of useful information that might lead to greater things.

Sadly, as I gathered everyone to leave the city, I overheard one of my least followers speaking the most horrid blasphemies! He cast doubt upon My Divine Nature and derided my fitness as a leader. His heresies required swift punishment, which was delivered. He cried out in agony for hours before repenting. Only then did I grant him the mercy of passing on to the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar 2013 - 17:39

EXCELLENT REPORTS! Most of the Management at my erstwhile employer had the same view of themselves & their relationship to the rest of Humanity as Mahlotep...it made work an enlightening experience. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seas of Sand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seas of Sand   Seas of Sand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seas of Sand
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next