Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tired of Ricochets ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Tired of Ricochets ?? Empty
PostSubject: Tired of Ricochets ??   Tired of Ricochets ?? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013 - 0:02

If, like me you had enough ricochet in a game to feel like the gaming table is a ping-pong or a pool table then you should check that.

Updated missile weapons critical hit tables

Piercing missile weapons
(Ex: Bows, crossbows, throwing knives etc.)

1-2 Hits a weak spot The missile penetrates its target’s armour. Ignore all armour saves.

3-4 Hits a vital The missile causes 2 wounds, armour saves as normal.

5-6 Master shot The missile hits an eye, the throat, or some other vulnerable part. The target suffers 2 wounds instead of 1. There is no armour save, +1 injury roll.

Blunt missile weapons
(Ex: Sling)

1-2 Hits a painful spot The missile hits a very dolorous part of the body, roll to hit for a second attack. Armour saves as normal.

3-4 Clobbered Ignore armour saves and saves from helmets.

5-6 Between the eyes The missile hits a stunning spot. Ignore armour save, +2 injury roll.

Slashing missile weapons
(Ex: Throwing axes)

1-2 Shield break If the target has a shield, its useless for the rest of the battle after this hit. Armour saves as normal. If target has no shield, causes two wounds. The shield is repaired after the battle.

3-4 Power blow Ignore armour saves.

5-6 Staggering hit The target will be knocked down automatically even if it makes his amour save.

Miscellaneous missile weapons
(Ex: Fish-hook)

1-2 Hits a Weak Spot The missile penetrates its target’s armour. Ignore all armour saves.

3-4 Dangerous hit Ignore amour saves, +1 injury roll.

5-6 Master shot The missile hits an eye, the throat, or some other vulnerable part. The target suffers 2 wounds instead of 1. There is no armour save.

Blackpowder missile weapons
(Ex: Pistols, Handguns, Rifles…)

1-2 Wounding The missile penetrates deep its target’s flesh. Ignore all armour saves. Reroll for another wound as if you had hit a second time. Its possible you roll another critical hit!

3-4 Thundering shot Ignore amour save, +2 injury roll.

5- Power shot Ignore armour save, cause 2 wounds, +1 injury roll.

6 Head shot Targets go out of action if it misses his armour save. If the target have a helmet, roll a die, on a 6, the target is stunned instead.

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Tired of Ricochets ??   Tired of Ricochets ?? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013 - 2:48

Interesting. I chuckled at the head shot for blackpowder weapons.

Should the master shot for miscellaneous weapons also have +1 injury roll like for piercing missile weapons? If not then could you change the name as I would like the same rule name to have the same effect to make it easier to remember.

I haven't used the optional critical hit charts from the rulebook yet so I can't really comment much more on these.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Tired of Ricochets ??   Tired of Ricochets ?? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013 - 10:32

Well,

I was out of idea for the ''master shot'' name of miscellanous weapons... any idea ?

I know the head shot is powerful, but its inspired from the best critical with bludgeons close combat. It also make blackpowder weapons a bit more interesting. In our games, crossbow tend to be much more used than handguns.. this tend to give them an edge.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Tired of Ricochets ??   Tired of Ricochets ?? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013 - 10:38

Yeah I wondered about that. You did a good job coming up with as many unique names as you did. I personally see no reason not to just add +1 injury roll and make them the same. I know that you already have the +1 injury roll effect for dangerous hit so maybe you wanted to make them more different.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired of Ricochets ??   Tired of Ricochets ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tired of Ricochets ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: