Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rules for Amor and Shield

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Empty
PostSubject: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 17:36

My group came into a little situation with Dwarves using Armor and shield. We looked though the books, errata, and FAQ. And couldn't find an answer. I even did a search here for an answer but there was to much to go through with mostly Opinions and House Rules. My group plays by the rules, and we need and answer.

The situation is this: Dwarf the Armor 4+ save, and has Shield. Does the Shield add a +1 save to the armor, giving it a 3+ save? The book states the Armor has a 4+ save and the shield a 6+ save. Do they stack? The book didn't seem to say it did. If it does stack where does it state it in the rules? We need to know.
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 18:43

The shield would give an additional +1 to the armor save making it a 3+.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 18:50

I really don't want to go through all the material for what seems like a non-question.

I guess I would ask is there anybody who plays that is doesn't? Making armor crappier than it is doesn't seem very useful to the game.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 19:19

Page 16 of the rule book:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2360268a_m1330012_Mord_Rulebook_part_1_-_rules.pdf

Quote :
armour

Steel breastplates, chainmail, leather tunics, shields... all these and more are readily available in the forges of the villages surrounding Mordheim. That is if you are prepared to pay the price, since armour is very expensive.
If a warrior wearing armour suffers a wound roll a D6. If the dice roll is sufficiently high the wounding hit has bounced off the armour and has not hurt the wearer at all. The dice score required varies according to the type of armour.

The table below summarises the most common armour types and the D6 rolls required to make a save. Note that carrying a shield increases the save by +1. For example, a warrior in light armour with a shield will save on a roll of a 5 or 6. A warrior who has a shield but no armour will save on a roll of a 6.

Armour .... Minimum D6 score required to save
Light armour .... 6
Heavy armour .... 5
Gromril armour .... 4
Shield .... +1 to the armour save
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013 - 23:55

Thank you, Kurgan, I knew it was somewhere but I couldn't find to save my life. We don't normally use armor except for dwarves, so it doesn't come up much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for Amor and Shield   rules - Rules for Amor and Shield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for Amor and Shield
Page 1 of 1