Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Empty
PostSubject: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:43

Well...

I was asking myself is my tactics were good.

By now, I always try to ''kill'' henchmen rather than heroes as they are ''easy kills'' and have twice the chances to die than heroes and so (I think) harm more my adversaries to the long term.

And you all.. What do you do?
Is this tactic good or a pure fail ?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:50

I do this if I see it as the best odds to win but if my advisary leaves a nice jucy hero open then by all means thats who I go for.
why?
Well yes the hero may not die (but if they do then cheers ) but more important is that they lose one dice for exploration = less money, may get a bad injury, and the odds are they won't make any (more) kills of there own to gain exp.
now again it's situational as i'm not going to throw my all at a Vampire to take him down or a Dwarf Noble with two dwarf axes, ext. But a youngblood that wounders out too far is by all means fair game and such a nice target I can't pass it up (or send a hero around with sprint to hunt him down).
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:59

Well... I have a hard earned lesson with that...

Even with 7 gobbos, you CANNOT put a dwarf leader in gromril armor+shield/resilient/5T/2W Out of action... and you end up with many casualities if you are ''stubborn'' as I am !

So I'm a bit afaraid of lone wolves now... lol

By the way :

TOM... we want a chat room !!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:04

If I can take an easy target out, I take it out. Regardless what it is. Whenever I have to choose, there are usually other, more important things to take into account than the model being a hero or not. If there were no other variables, I'd go for the hero of course. Sometimes I try not to kill an opponent's leader if his Leadership for some reason is lower than that of the next best model, but that is about it.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:07

Thats where you bust out the blowpipes. enough shots will get threw and wound as once you score a 6 to hit all that armour is useless... as is the high toughness.
Though I would say @ 25 gc they are over priced.

Ether way though against such a beast it's better to avoid and draw the rout check.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:12

Well in our two last games (before I gave him the victory over our warband duel) I used a shoot and run tactic and tough I managed to fare better than in the other few last games, with his 10 LD indestructible leader he standed 5 round without missing his rout test...

He finally got it... another victory.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:16

Goglutin wrote:
with his 10 LD indestructible leader he standed 5 round without missing his rout test...
Reminds me of a certain opponent of the past, with coldblooded Lizardmen, one re-roll per game and the determination to not voluntarily rout - ever. You will lose games but might win the war, if you can cripple his warband over time and keep your own casualties low. At least this worked for me back then.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 22:17

Well, for me, it depends a lot on the strength of the opponent. Youngbloods and even heros in the beginning are easy prey, but once they get some good advances, it is at times more adviseable to focus upon the henchmen to force a rout test.

Then again, if you heros can keep up with the enemy, it might be more useful to take out enemy heros for the above mentioned post-battle effects. Plus, henchmen can become pretty dangerous, too.

But alltogether, I'd say I chose based upon in-battle aspects (respective strength of the warriors, whether I have a good chance at winning in general or whether I need to somehow get him to rout before his uber-warriors make minced meat out of mine, etc.) instead of making plans for the post-battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.   Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you chose henchmen or heroes to harm your adversaries.
Page 1 of 1