Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Amazon Hired Swords

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Empty
PostSubject: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 0:24

As Amazons require in there rules that they can only hire "Amazons" (though there are 3 home made HS's out there that are made also for Amazons) I chose to make a few options.

Amazon Huntress
35gc to hire, +16 crowns Upkeep.
Fluff Text

May be hired: by Amazons

Rating: A Huntress increases the rating by +16 points plus 1 point for each Experience point she has.

M-4 WS-3 BS-4 S-3 T-3 W-1 I-3 A-1 LD-7
Equipment: spear, Buckler, daggers, Long Bow, Hunting Arrows.
Skills: Shooting, Speed, Special

Huntress Special Skills
-Spear Fighter: The Warrior has gained such skill with a spear that they can now parry with the spear (with a buckler they can re-roll to parry) and as well gain a +1 Initiative in hand to hand combat.
-Scout: The Warrior can deploy twice as far as normal and can start the game hidden.

Her main objective in the Warband is to provide the Amazons better range and a little stronger shooting. Her stats are basic other then the BS-4.

Amazon Beast Master
35gc to hire, +8 crowns Upkeep.
Fluff Text

May be hired: by Amazons

Rating: A Huntress increases the rating by +10 points plus 1 point for each Experience point she has. The Hunting Cat will also increase the rating by +5 points.

M-4 WS-3 BS-3 S-3 T-3 W-1 I-3 A-1 LD-7

Weapons: spear, Buckler, daggers, Hunting Cat
Special Rules:
-Beastmaster: The Hunting Cat is wild beast that are barely kept under control. If the Beast Master is taken Out of Action then the Hunting Cat will immediately escape from the warband and it is removed from the warband roster. If the Beastmaster is unable to participate in a battle, then neither will the Hunting Cat.

-Beast Hunter: The Beast Master is able to hunt for a new Hunting Cat if it has lost one previously. When hunting for a new Hunting Cat the Beast Master makes a Leadership test, if passed a new Hunting Cat is found. 10 gc must also be spent before the roll is made to represent supplies needed to trap the Hunting Cat.
Skills: Combat, Speed, and Special
Max Stats: Human

Hunting Cat
Fluff Text
M-6 WS-4 BS-0 S-4 T-3 W-1 I-4 A-2 LD-4
Weapons and Armour: None, other than their claws and teeth!
Special Rules:
Animal: Hunting Cat is an animal and thus gains no experience.
Loyal: Hunting Cat will use only the Beast Masters Leadership for all test it is required to take so long as the Hunting Cat is within 6” of the Beast Master. Feeding: Hunting Cat’s consume a large amount of food; as such each Hunting Cat increases the Beast Master’s upkeep by 5gc.

Special Skills:
-Master of Beast: The Beast Master has gained such skills with tending and maintaining Hunting Cats that they may now recruit 2.
-Spear Fighter: The Warrior has gained such skill with a spear that they can now parry with the spear (with a buckler they can re-roll to parry) and as well gain a +1 Initiative in hand to hand combat.
-Hawk: When rolling on the Exploration chart, the Beast Master allows you to modify one dice roll by
-1/+1.

The Beast Master is meant to get some cheap expendable troops into the battle (Cats).
Her hire fee is so high as she comes with a cat (15+gc value alone) and her upkeep and added WB rating is so low as the cat(s) have there own upkeep and added WB rating meaning that she needs vary little of her own.

Any comments and suggestions are more then welcome.

Last edited by Pervavita on Fri 8 Mar 2013 - 23:47; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 14:26

Nice ideas. thumbsup

StyrofoamKing wrote a few Amazon themed HS for us a few years back as well. I expect a search of this topic might turn them up, although I can't remember the title of his post. Edit: perhaps Styro's 3 HS are the 3 HS you refer to above. Smile

The Huntress is too cheap. She should be at least 30/15 if not higher. She has a lot of gear.

The Beastmaster needs some editing.: "Huntress" cut and paste error. "he", gender issues. Smile

The Beastmaster is kind of cheap as well. 2 warriors for 35 is a great deal. 40 would still be reasonable. An upkeep of 15 for the woman and 5 for the cat would probably still be low (especially by Lustrian standards), but would be more reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 18:10

Thx,

the 3 from Styrofoamking are the 3 I refer too.
How did they play for you guys. My current campaign I'm told no go for them as they are too strong.

Gender issues fixed (2 I found).

Huntress. Your right, I upped her cost to 35 gold and 16 upkeep, WB rating also upped. to 16. I wasn't thinking about the gear enough when pricing her. I upped her higher then you said based on that her gear is rather good. My comparison was to the Elven Ranger when making her so that I think is why I had her cost so low and want to keep her lower then him as his stats are a lot better.

Beastmaster. I don't think she needs any real changes. She has basic stats of a warrior that would cost 25gc. The Spear and buckler are 15gc normal so it's a 5gc discount.
So the Cat comes in for free but the upkeep is where the cost starts to add up as the Cat is alone 5gc upkeep and after the first game the Beastmaster with her 8gc upkeep actually isn't worth her cost compared to a warrior any more so she is just there to take you above your 15 warriors and also allow the cats.
Also as a weakness if the Beastmaster is taken OOA in a game all the cats bolt and you have to hunt for new ones.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb 2013 - 1:56

Quote :
How did they play for you guys.

I re-worte the Cunning Woman, but no one ever hired her and I've switched computers since then and lost her... I suggest just allowing Amazons to hire the Witch.

The pygmy is the most used because he is cheap. We have never had a problem with him.

The Zoat shows up if you can get him for free. He is generally killed quickly. Of the three I liked him best because of the tie to 3rd edition Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeMon 4 Feb 2013 - 20:52

Ya I think the Cunning Woman is ether too good or just with so many reals she seams intimidating. It's why I left her off my HS request in the current campaign.

Pygmy I don't think is too good as his most scary rule is that he remains hidden to shoot but yet he has a wopping range of 8". His poisons also sound scarry to people but again with a range of 8" your going to get just a few shoots off in the game before the range is closed.
He just "looks scary" on paper

Zoat I think at most is a little to cheap on the starting hire but I don't think so personaly until I test it because yes he cost a lot but he can die easy as any other large imposing model.

Thank you for your feedback.
Any further comments on the two posted above?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeFri 8 Mar 2013 - 23:46

Just wanting to know if anyone has anyone else has any feedback on these two hired swords.

thank you
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitimeTue 4 Mar 2014 - 13:55

Just noticed this topic, and I see you request some more feedback!

The Hunting Cat:
2 Attacks are too much imo. that's closer to a value of 20/25gc. 1 Attack should suffice for that price and rating. Otherwise you might bump the price up to 40gc or the upkeep to 10gc. Actually the upkeep might even still be too low, considering the possibility of two cats and her for an upkeep of 10gc! Maybe closer to 15gc would be fair. She's not an Elf Ranger, but getting close there!

My suggestion: Keep the 35gc hiring cost, but up the upkeep to atleast 12gc and preferably 15gc.

The Scout:
I'm not too big a fan of the Spear Fighter skill - parrying with a Spear ain't what it's made for!
I don't know if the Long Bow is in it's place, since no other Amazon can take a Long Bow and it's not very useful in the Lustrian jungle. I wouldn't mind dropping the hiring cost by 5 and changing that to a normal Bow.

Otherwise balanced and interesting characters, who can add a bit more to the warband!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon Hired Swords   Amazon - Amazon Hired Swords Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon Hired Swords
Page 1 of 1