Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010 - 21:45

Unless you play absolutely strict WYSIWYG i would ignore the helmets - or swap some heads with the empire milita sprue dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_wink .
Your warband has too much armour / equipment and not enough manpower. Armour is generally not worth it in Mordheim unless you use houserules. A 5+ save for 25 gc will not save you, especially if you have to give up one attack to gain it - and a 6+ save for 20 gc is wasted money. Helmets are usefull, but early in a campaign you need the numbers. You can always buy additional equipment later.
I know that Bretonians without armour is unfluffy, but if you drop all of it you will have an additional 135 gc to spend. Buy some more Bowmen and Men at Arms for the money, that should give you 3 more henchmen and a much more competitive warband.
Back to top Go down
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010 - 21:50

hmmm fair enough. Would you drop the armour for the leader as well?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010 - 16:53

So, while not knowing what to do one night, I re-read some of the BTB supplement more intensively and got stuck with the merchant caravan... After my two last projects (which are still WIP, but anyways) were/are not all that colourful, I noticed that the Merchant Caravan encourages a colourful warband just like the pirates, perhaps even more so due to the nice range of equipment.

Thus, I quickly put together a list, will search for parts and hopefully get at least some modelling done in a month or so... here is what I came up with:

Trade Waggon (180gc)

Merchant with Sword (60gc)

Apprentice with hammer (18gc)

Vanguard on warhorse with katana (105gc)

Vanguard with sword (55gc)

Magician with hammer (43gc)

Blackguard with 2-handed weapon (50gc)

3 Sellswords, one with 2 hammers, the other with one hammer (87gc)

Total: 9 models, 598 gc spent

I know it's not the most competitive list, but I already had to cut down a lot on fancy starting gear to get some more models Very Happy There's no long range support unfortunately, as the crossbow seemed to expensive for the moment. However, I plan on getting some, as well as some more Blackguards, as soon as possible.

Anyway, I'm off thinking about which bits to use Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010 - 18:40

Plutz, that depends on what you want to buy. If you get enough henchmen (i would aim for three more) without selling the leader´s equipment, go for it. A knight with armour is simply fluffy & fitting. Calculate what you can get for the saved money and then decide.

Eliazar, the main strength of the merchant caravan is the fact that the wagon makes a very good mobile shooting platform that your enemy can not assault easily. I played them without blackguards (because they can not become heroes) and some shooters with crossbows riding on the wagon. If you cannot afford them with crossbows use them instead of the sellswords, you can always buy the crossbows later.
Oh, and be careful with the vanguard on warhorse. He will become a priority target for your enemy very soon - at least mine did dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_wink . On his own he is not very strong, and he is actually easer to take out than on foot.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jul 2010 - 18:44

Thanks for the advice! I see your points... perhaps I will scrap the horse and buy one later. As I will magnetize the stuff anyway, I might just as well do it this way.
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 16:29

Hey guys, I'm starting a Kislevite warband and I'd like some feedback on my starting warband.

Kislevite Warband

HEROES

Druzhina Captain [102½gc]
/ Duelling Pistol (Inheritance item), Sword, free dagger.

Esaul [43gc]
/ Hammer, sickle (count-as Axe), free dagger.

Bear Tamer [41gc]
/ 2x hammer, free dagger.

Youth [25gc]
/ Bow, free dagger.

Youth [25gc]
/ Bow, free dagger.

HENCHMEN

3 Streltsi [114gc]
/ Bow, hammer, free dagger.

Trained Bear [145gc]

TOTAL: [495½gc]

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Tonka
Warrior
Warrior
Tonka

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 0:58

Looking at my Orc Warband and I think ive found my preferred balance of Wauugghh and sneaky shooters having read numerous posts on the forum!

Chief
2x Axe, Bow (100gc)

Shaman
Dagger (40gc)

Big Un
1x Double Handed Axe
2x Axe, Shield (150gc)

Henchmen

Shooterz
3x Bow (60gc)

Squigs
3x Teef (45gc)

Da Boyz
3x Axe Sheild (105gc)

Total: 500gc

Only question relates to Squigs, it states each squig must remain within 6" of a goblin to stop it going wild - does this mean all 3 needs to stay within 6" of a single goblin?

Reason I ask, IIRC, in Warhammer 2squig herderz can direct 9+ Squigs, however I will accept that in Mordheim terrain is more complicated and they need more direction to find dem humies!!

Cheers,
Tonka
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 5:58

The squig just needs to be within 6" of a goblin, any goblin will do.
Back to top Go down
Kajiya
Youngblood
Youngblood
Kajiya

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010 - 1:27

Now that i played enough games with my Middenheimers and Shadow Warriors i wanted to try out something not so official.

So i got 2 lists that awoke my interest, the first are the bretons and the others are the fighting monks.
First i have to tell you our house rules so you get my idea.

1.If you wield 2 weapons without the expert swordman ability you will get -1 on to hit throws.
That doesnt count for swords since they are the most expensive 1 hand weapons.

2. We improved shields and gave them +2 in close combat, earlier we used +1 on all armors but everyone just took 2 clubs. So Shields are a good idea combined with a light armour.

Well thats that...

Anyway back to the lists i wanted to make:
Bretons:

Questing Knight 90G
Shield and Sword

2 Knight Errants 120G
Shield and Sword

3 Squires 75G
Shield and Sword

3 Bowmen 105G
Longbow

3 Men at Arms 110G
Shield and Sword

500G

Since the swords only cost 5g at the beginning iam tempted to buy everyone a sword. Sure a club or hammer is also nice, but i kinda like this sword and shield theme.
Also i got already my maximum so its pretty nice. And everyone in CC got a 5+ armor save which is also useful though not against S4 with axe. Or 2 Handed Weapons.

Now the monks

Emissary 85G
Crossbow

Officier 70G
2xSword
Bow

3 Dragon Monks 165G

5 Warrior Monks 105G

2 Warriors 70G
Bow

495G

Iam really not sure about the monks and how you play them, maybe i should add more henchmen and not the fancy EQ for the Emmisary and Officier and maybe not even Bows for the warriors. But it feels stupid if you dont have any Bows at all or range weapons atleast. And only doing melee with a dagger is not my thing to do.
Yes i know the Warriors and the Emissary will be in melee with only Daggers but they will create my firebase, and if he wants to attack one of them he must attack all of them next round. Also having 12 models is a good start. I really dont know about the future EQ of the monks IMO i think that the monks are better without a weapon since they crit on 5 got 2 attacks and dont have any mali on hitting, they also can get mighty blow and S 4. Ofcourse the next skills will be Leap of Faith and Lightning Speed. I just love them.

Since our group is more about gaming and not fluffbunnys we make average hard lists, nothing REALLY cheesy or beardy but we got an good level of skill. So i hope these lists look good enough. The only problem is deciding which to collect and start buying^^
Back to top Go down
Thumz
Warrior
Warrior
Thumz

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2010 - 20:22

this is my first ever warband:)

middenheimer warband:) = 500 GC

Mercenariy captain =130 GC
axe
shield
heavy armor
helm

champion = 80 GC
light armour
spear
bow
helm

champion = 80 GC
double-handed weapon
light armour
helm

youngblood = 50 GC
light armour
spear
buckler( if he is allowed to use a buckler while having a spear?)

youngblood = 43
light armour
hammer
shield

marksman = 46 gc
longbow
mace
hammer

swordsman = 70 GC
light armour
shield
sword

it leaves me with 1 GC

any suggestions?Smile

light armour
Back to top Go down
toemasss
Captain
Captain
toemasss

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010 - 4:32

Thumz, you have made the same mistake that we all did when constructing our first warband, you have fallen prey to the armour trap. I recommend cutting down on the armour and using that gold to buy more meat shield.
Back to top Go down
Thumz
Warrior
Warrior
Thumz

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010 - 6:59

Thx for the advice toemass:)

i just thought to myself, aarrrhh buff the bastards up with stuff;)
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 10:48

Well, thought i could post my Marienburgers too. Was going thru everything writen on the net before i did the list for clues and advices of how to play/gear them.

A couple of houserules as explanation to why certain choises where made:

* Henchman cant critical hit
* Armor is useful
* We have replaced Mighty blow for Shield Bash
* Offhand gives -1 in str

Unfortenatly I havent got the first list, this one is after 2 battles.

So, enougth talking, heres the list!

Captain Gaebril de Angelos
Brace of Dueling Pistols, Helmet, Light armor, sword.
Will get a shield asap. My plan for him is to get Sprint, Eagly Eye and Pistolier for harassing enemies from the rear.

Champion Lucien de Palma
Brace of Dueling Pistols, helm, light armor, sword, shield.
Since he got 2 wounds after the second battle im thinkin on goint full mental combat and add heavy armor for him. Kind of see him sort of an tank nowdays.

Champion Maximillian Cole
Axe, helm, light armor and shield.
This WAS my up and coming tank but was buttkicked in the first game and saw himself got downgraded by Lucien. No actual plan for what to do with him except ading a bow.

Youngblood Efrim
Spear shield.
Meatwall for more important heroes. ´Nuff said.

Youngblood Aponis
Knife, Sword
Backstabber that takes on stunned foes. Not perticualary brave, but effective.

2 Marksman armed with longbows. Maces is planned for them.

1 Marksman armed with an newly found crossbow. Also gettin mace/hammer asap.

1 Swordsman w/ 2 * sword

1 Swordsman w/ Sword + buckler

2 Warriors w/ hammers

12 characters
122 rating.

Also having the dream of adding an Ogre w/ heavy armor, helm, Sword and shield, An Tilean Marksman and a halfling Cook as soon as i hitted the maximum of characters.

For my 6th hero i hope for an Marksman got Lads got Talent for some serious ranged havoc.

So what do you guys think? Ive only played 2 games of Mordheim so this plan might be useless. But having all the models so hopefully its not Very Happy

Please, pardon my lously spelling and gramma. Long time since i had to write "correct" english instead of WOW-english..
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 14:16

Hey guys, now that the Tabletop Geeks Roster Builder supports saving, you can easily just write up a list and post a link to your starting warband!

Check it out, here's my starting Possessed Warband.
http://tabletopgeeks.com/mordheim-roster-builder/?warband=possessed&blogID=8&filename=thecultofpersonality.xml

You can also just post up the pure xml: http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/rosters/thecultofpersonality.xml
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 16:22

@Tonka's Orc list:

1) I would max out with 4 heroes at all costs. orcs already have financial problems at the start of the campaign as they can only start with 4 heroes. even more so with 3....

2) your Big Un is carrying 3 closecombat weapons but the maximum is at 2. his price is also not correct. with this equipment he would cost 70. but maybe you meant them to be 2 big uns. but then, they'd be at 140gc.

3) I'd give a club to the shaman.

4) goblins can only wear short bows.

5) run the orc boys 3x1 instead of 1x3. thus your chances to get another hero via "Lad's got talent" is tripled!
Back to top Go down
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Elder
Elder
Katsuhiko JiNNai

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 11:24

This should be my first warband:

Vampire - axe and sword= 125gc
Necromancer - Free Dagger, Sword - 45gc
Dreg - axe, sword - 35gc
Dreg - axe, sword - 35gc
Dreg - axe, sword - 35gc
Ghoul - 40gc
Ghoul - 40gc
Ghoul - 40gc
7 zombies- 105gc

Tot 500gc
Models: 15
Back to top Go down
http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.it/
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 13:54

Katsuhiko: I'd be very tempted to drop some zombies to get a dire wolf in there. They have the speed to keep up with the vampire or to outflank the opponents. Zombies are good cheap throwaway troops but there are times when you'll wish you had some faster guys.

Pfreck: Although you posted some time ago, I don't see a response to your Kislev list so I'll say that you have overcosted some stuff. You seem to have used the original (incorrect) prices for the Druzhina and bear. They should be 60 and 125 respectively. Correct values are in the Mordheim Annual. Oh, the Druzhina was also corrected to have Initiative 4.
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 12:37

catferret wrote:
Katsuhiko: I'd be very tempted to drop some zombies to get a dire wolf in there.

that's exactly what came to my mind too Smile but otherwise good list. I like that you have quite a lot of ghouls. High potential to get new heroes is always a good thing... especially in this case as ghouls are really good fighters with T4, A2 and fear causing...

however, i'd not "earn" the 50gc with zombies alone. Keep 4 zombies and exchange one of the swords for a cheaper weapon.. quite a lot of (expensive) swords in your starting warband...
Back to top Go down
Dreadgrass
Youngblood
Youngblood
Dreadgrass

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 0:02

Hey all,

So, new to the forum, but just getting back in the swing of things after a few years away from the hobby. Would really appreciate some feedback on my Reiklander warband. (I had posted it up on warseer prior to this, so thank you to all who have already commented) I'm building it on a "duellist" theme, so more a focus on pistols and swords then long-ranged firepower.

Marshall Rhezan (captain) - 123crowns
- Brace of Duelling Pistols
- Sword, Mace

Instructor name pending (Champion) - 73crowns
- Duelling Pistol
- Sword, Mace

Instructor name pending (Champion) - 73crowns
- Duelling Pistol
- Sword, Mace

Freshman Urik (Youngblood) - 18crowns
- Wooden practice sword (mace)

Freshman Dheric (Youngblood) - 18crowns
- Wooden practice sword (mace)

Duellist name pending (Swordsman) - 55crowns
- 2x Swords

Duellist name pending (Swordsman) - 55crowns
- 2x Swords

2x Guardsmen (Marksmen) - 80 crowns
- Longbow (each)

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 8:34

That is a cool theme for a warband, go for it Very Happy

Things i would change:
Loose the clubs on the champions and the leader. As your theme is fencing / duelling a sword and dagger combination is more stylish.
Give the marksmen normal bows in order to save some money
Give the swordsmen only one sword each.
Squeeze in an additional swordsman. Unfortunately there are not enough GC left at that point to give him a sword. You could give him a dagger and buy a sword for him after your first game (that is my preference) or you could downgrade one of the duelling pistols to a normal one.

And a question: Why do you base your duellists on the reikland list? You do not plan to use their main advantage (BS 4 marksmen) that much, so why?
Back to top Go down
Dreadgrass
Youngblood
Youngblood
Dreadgrass

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 10:57

Thanks for the tips Horatius!

The clubs on the pistol-armed characters were initially supposed to represent a "pistol whip" type attack. but could easily be dropped for cash.

Not sure about dropping the Longbows, kinda like the added range and the extra few inches to short range could help as I plan to keep them fairly mobile so the less minuses the better!

SO, if I drop a sword from each swordsman, and the "maces" on the champs and leader, I could buy another marksman and a mace for each of the (now 3) Marksmen... no longbow on the new one as yet but I think it'll be better to buy one after the 1st game then to have to trade out bows to longbows later...?

As to why Reiklanders? My primary ranged troops will be henchmen, so its good that they're as strong a shooters as I can make them. Also, as I say they'll probably keep fairly mobile to cover the combat troops so the higher chance of hitting they have base, the happier I'll be moving and takign long ranged potshots. Also, the extended command radius fits my fluff for my Leader. Finally, Im not really a fan of the other 2 mercenary types, an increased strength isn't terribly in-character, and Im not a fan of 1-off bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Arathorn
Captain
Captain
Arathorn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Dec 2010 - 14:43

Well, after not posting here for a long time, I'm back into Mordheim. Last week saw the arriving of my order of Empire Archers, Pistoliers, some cool bases and magnets, and I've been busy since. This is the warband I've made, and some of the models have magnet arms and can change weapons easily.

Btw, it's an Averlander warband, and I haven't got a clue what my opponents are going to use in the campaign.

Captain [60], 95
- Duelling pistol 25
- Sword 10

Sergeant [35], 48
- free dagger
- Hammer 3
- Sword 10

Berjaeger [35], 50
- free dagger
- longbow 15

Berjaeger [35], 50
- free dagger
- longbow 15

Youngblood [15], 35
- Free dagger
- Spear 10
- bow 10

Halfling [20], 30
- free dagger
- bow 10

Halfling [20], 30
- free dagger
- bow 10

Mountainguard [30], 43
- free dagger
- hammer 3
- sword 10

Mountainguard [30], 43
- free dagger
- hammer 3
- sword 10

Marksmen [25], 70
- free dagger
- pistol 15
- blunderbuss 30

494 - 10 models

The list is pretty simple. The bergjaeger and halflings provide a nice shooting platform, not to powerful, but very well capable of doing damage. The 6 other guys will move to the objectives, doing some shooting with bow and pistols. Most of the guys have 2 attacks, and I think the sword/mace combination is one of the best there is. The blunderbuss is somewhat of a gamble, but I've always wanted to use one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Dec 2010 - 15:50

Welcome back!

Depending on your house rules I would drop the spear and the bow from the youngblood. I prefer more attacks with an cheap axe or a mace. I give them swords for a parry on occasion. I'd give the bow to someone BS3 who can maybe hit with it.
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Dec 2010 - 13:24

Svenn wrote:
Hey guys, now that the Tabletop Geeks Roster Builder supports saving, you can easily just write up a list and post a link to your starting warband!

Check it out, here's my starting Possessed Warband.
http://tabletopgeeks.com/mordheim-roster-builder/?warband=possessed&blogID=8&filename=thecultofpersonality.xml

You can also just post up the pure xml: http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/rosters/thecultofpersonality.xml

Nice for sure but have you tested that warband? I can see the point of kitting out the possessed with double mutations from start since they can't get more mutations over time, but I can't see the point of kitting out the mutant with double mutation when they can go to the shadowlord and get a couple of free mutations over time. They also have way to little wounds to be such expensive characters imo.

I would instead buy 1 magister, 2 possessed, 2 mutants and 1 beastman (Since I really think that he darksoul have nothing when compared with the beastmans 2 wounds and better statistics)

(I started my latest possessed warband that way and 4 games later I have 2 possessed with scorpion tail, resilient, lightning reflexes and healing herbs, 2 mutants with blackblood and scorpiontail and increasted characterstics and one of them causes fear. And I have 3 beastmen, 2 darksouls and 2 brethren and I have won all my battles)
Back to top Go down
Elmoth
Champion
Champion
Elmoth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011 - 17:53

Hello there!

We are about to start a mordheim campaign at our club Smile Our previous try never took flight Sad but now it seems it might be more successful Smile After some days tinkering with diverse warbands I have settled for dwarfs. Short, mean and purposeful. And they drink bear, do not like pointy eared gits and hold a gredge for generations. Pure charisma in the small package. Very Happy

As such I was wondering if a 100% non-shooty warband is feasible to start with.

NOBLE: dwarf axe, shield
ENGINEER: Hammer + shield
SLAYER: Dwarf axe + free dagger
SLAYER: Hammer+ free dagger
2 THUNDERERS: Hammer + shield
3 YOUNGLINGS: Hammer + shield

490 pts

IMPORTANT HOUSE RULES WE USE:
- shield + hand weapon grants an extra +1 save in close combat, as per the current WHF rules
- Shields allow you to make a fist (-1 strength) bashing attack
- Maces cost 5 points for us

So in general shields are fairly useful. The dwarfs in the band end up being dudes with toughness 4 and a 5+ save in close combat. That should prove difficult to beat down. or that is the idea. The tactics to be used would be a concentrated phalanx-like attack by everybody in the band.

I was wondering if I should be trying to get some pistols to get some strength 4 around. Beating down tough people might prove to be difficult...

Planned development would be to get crossbows for the thunderers and engineer, a second weapon for the slayers and increase the number of dwarves in the band afterwards. Sounds solid?

Thx Smile

CHeers,
Xavi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   dwarf - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next