Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008 - 0:27

atzerath wrote:
Well...everybody does it?

Assasin
Sword
Sling
Throwing Stars
Free Dagger

Black Skaven
Fighting claws

Black Skaven
Sword
Sling
Free Dagger

Sorcerer
Sword
Sling
Free Dagger

2X Night Runner
Free Dagger
Sword
Sling

6 Verminkin (probably 2 groups of 3 or 3 groups of 2)
Clubs
Free Dagger
Slings
It's good, really good, particularly heroes. Special weapons of Eshin are great. I'd rather buy 3 groups of 2 of verminkin, because of the advance. It's not really nice if your Skaven have +1 to Initiative which he really doesn't need Wink

atzerath wrote:
I count 12 models, Needing 4 down to take a rout test wich is pretty good i think...??
No, you need 13 models to take a rout test after 4.
3-4 =>1
5-8 =>2
9-12 =>3
13-16 =>4
17>20 =>5
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Deatheven13

Deatheven13

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008 - 2:22

Been showing a friend how to play mordheim ...he wasn't a big fan of necromunda (blast templates) but he likes the basic premise ... and he's enjoying it pretty well ... he's as bad as I am as wanting to get his guys leveled up to see what they get Very Happy

The Brotherhood of Delicious Baked Goods
Cult of the posessed

Father Baker : Magister
Mace , Dagger
Leader, Eye of God

Fudge the Eternal : Possessed
Giant Claw
Fear

Brother Creampuff : Mutant
Dagger, Dagger
Scorpion Tail

The Beaters : 2 Darksouls
Hammer, Dagger
Crazed

The Cookie Cutters: 3 Brethren
Dagger, Dagger

Souffle the Damned: Beastman
Doublehanded Weapon

Had to breakthrough against the newbie's Marienburger warband ..which was rather well assembled for a newbie (despite a decided lack of crossbows and other str boosters like halberds ...I laughed at his captain with a longbow until he took two people out Shocked

However by splitting up his group We were able to win the day not by achieving the mission (though we were so close) but by making the foppish dandys run away... Fudge played a large part in this by being large and gribbly ...and taking 4 people out.

Eye of God was awesome ... I was too scared to cast it on Fudge for risk of taking him out but ended up getting a 6 when I cast it on one of the beaters ...man he started tearing up rich prettyboys left and right after that.

Ended up losing Souffle and one of the Cookie Cutters ..but Fudge got strike to injure and a lucky charm and Creampuff found a jeweled sword to go with his dagger.

Friend got an extra attack for his surviving youngblood which he was ecstatic about after finding out it was a permanent increase.

I love Cult but the temptation to spend 2/3rds of my starting capital on one hero is overwhelming sometime ... I had a four armed posessed with cloven hooves once ... who took sprint as his first upgrade... affraid
Back to top Go down
Elmoth
Champion
Champion
Elmoth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008 - 10:07

Looks qwuite solid, but you can improve it without much changes Smile

1) I would remove the throwing stars. The range is too low. Once you ge tthe ability to throw further away and the one that allows you to throw 3 stars, your assassin becomes a moving HMG, but until thenm I would stick with the sling. That saves you 15 points already Smile

2) Give clubs to your night runners. They suck in close combat, so to start they should be finishing enemy characters, not engaging in head on hand to hand. The ones intercepting the enemy (and dying horribly) should be verminkin, not heroes Smile Then you move in with your heroes to finish the guys on the ground and collect XP. That saves you 7 points per night runner.

Coupled with the throwing stars you are at 29 points already. Enough for an extra verminkin, so you DO rout at 4 Smile Minimal changes cause a fairly large difference here Very Happy

Hope that helps Smile

Cheers,

Xavi

Last edited by Elmoth on Wed 12 Nov 2008 - 19:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
atzerath
Warrior
Warrior
atzerath

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008 - 18:52

okay thanks...that's quite correct but i figured that the Str 4 attack from the throwing star was better than the Str 3 attack from a sling...???
and also, if i want my models to be WYSIWYG i'd have to pull some mad doctor skills out of my sleeve to give my assasin a dagger or a sling instead of those throwing stars he already had when my friend tricked me into Mordheim with "some spare models from a cool game actually"... Smile
i'll do it 2night Smile

Edit: BTW...my henchmen have swords modelled...does anybody know how to make clubs...??
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008 - 17:38

Hi Oldcastle,

Saw your suggested Shadow Warrior warbands - with some tweaking, I like the first one more, I have to say! I would drop the elf bows on the three champions and replace them with longbows, giving you something like 60 crowns (is that right?). Then I would get a longbow for your mage (just in case his spell isn't a good general use one), and then get a henchman with a spear who will act as an interceptor. That would give you six models, five of them heroes. It takes you one step closer to the magic nine models!

Other than that, I like it!

Oh (and slightly off topic...)I was also thinking that for the campaign we might add another melee weapon to the Shadow Warrior warband equipment. An axe. I think it will make the warband a little more versatile without changing it too much. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008 - 17:43

Hawkeye wrote:
Oh (and slightly off topic...)I was also thinking that for the campaign we might add another melee weapon to the Shadow Warrior warband equipment. An axe. I think it will make the warband a little more versatile without changing it too much. Let me know what you think.

Are you sure that a warband that lost its 'official warband' status due to being overpowered really needs another weapon? Irrespective of that, a battle axe isn't what shadow elves should be running around with, is it?
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008 - 2:31

I thought about that, Cianty, but in my mind the idea of a society of elves that lives on its wits, often scouting ahead of armies and in the wild for long periods of time seems just like the sort of group that would use axes - they'd need them for more than fighting with, after all.

I wonder if the limited weapon choice was an attempt to make them less powerful as a warband, although since axes aren't used much in a lot of warbands because armour isn't that useful, if that's the reason than it's not a very good one! If it's a fluff thing, then see above.

Also, it adds some modelling variety, which in my mind can only be a good thing!

As for 'official' warbands and 'overpowered' warbands, I think it depends, really. At least two of the warbands in the original rulebook seem overpowered to me - Possessed and Sisters of Sigmar. And maybe that's just me. I've always found Possessed warbands tough to win against (not that I'm known for winning!), and Sisters of Sigmar have far too many advantages in my mind (although I love the idea and have the minis to build a warband). In fact, the changes they made to the steel whip rules seemed to me to make the warband even better - but perhaps it's just subjective. As for the supposed overpowered aspect of Shadow Warriors, it has a lot to do with missile fire, as I understand it, but we play with a LOT of terrain, and there are usually not a lot of lines of fire for missile weapons (not without some clever movement, at least, which in my mind means that the player probably deserves any injuries he causes with bowfire!).

Of course, what we'll do is play the campaign and get a better idea for ourselves what it is about certain warbands that seems to make them overpowered (or underpowered, in some cases...). Campaign details will be posted up once we get things off the ground!
Back to top Go down
Oldcastle
Champion
Champion
Oldcastle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008 - 19:43

As to the overpowered nature of Shadow Elves... yes, I can see where that comes from. Starting with better stats overall than most other bands; and if they can build numbers, they could become quite powerful. With that in mind, I've toyed around (in my mind) with a more generic High Elf band... more of a "youth wanting to see the world" idea, with older adventurers along as a watchdog/leader. Might playtest it in the upcoming campaign...

But, that belongs in the rules echo, when I've flushed out my ideas more...
Back to top Go down
Inferny
Youngblood
Youngblood
Inferny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008 - 11:14

Tibor
Vampire 110gc
sword x 2 (20gc)

Dominik
Necromancer 35gc
Sword (10gc)

Yanos
dregg 20gc
bow (10gc)
Spear(10gc)
Helmet (10gc)

Vigo
dregg 20gc
bow (10gc)
Double-handed weapon (15gc)
Helmet (10gc)

Stephan
dregg 20gc
bow (10gc)
Mace (3gc)
Sword (10gc)
Helmet (10gc)

Ghouls x4 160gc

Chest::
7gc
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008 - 18:19

Atzerath: Skaven spears with the blades cut off and the haft shortened would work. Leave the mount for the blade attached though, it would work as spiked iron banding for the business end of the club.

Inferny: Does the vampire have 2 swords for cool value? If not I'd swith one out for a cheaper club or axe as the second sword doesn't really do much. It doesn't provide a second parry or allow a reroll on the first parry. Having said that, some groups houserule that you get a reroll, so maybe you have good reason to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Inferny
Youngblood
Youngblood
Inferny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 11:08

Quote :

Inferny: Does the vampire have 2 swords for cool value? If not I'd swith one out for a cheaper club or axe as the second sword doesn't really do much. It doesn't provide a second parry or allow a reroll on the first parry. Having said that, some groups houserule that you get a reroll, so maybe you have good reason to keep it.

I like the way he looks with to swords=)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 11:24

Inferny wrote:
Quote :

I like the way he looks with to swords=)

Sounds like an EXCELLENT reason for the two Swords to moi. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 11:35

Yeah, I agree. I was just checking that was the reason. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 11:46

catferret wrote:
Yeah, I agree. I was just checking that was the reason. Smile

SORRY; I didn't mean to imply otherwise. thumbsup
Does an additional sword give another parry attempt?

BTW I LOVE your Avatar.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 11:54

DeafNala wrote:
Does an additional sword give another parry attempt?

No, it's a complete waste of money - unless you consider the bladed criticals better than those for bludgeoning weapons (in which case an axe would still be better and cheaper). I think I would just have the second sword count as dagger. That costs 10gc less and is just fine for the model.

EDIT: Wow, that post sounds really harsh and rude. Please excuse the tone. Please feel free to play however it makes you happy and feel free to ignore my power-gaming influenced comments.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 12:07

No worries Deafnala, I just wanted to make sure nobody mistook me for a function over style kinda guy. Heck, I use great weapons on people without Strongman. Wink

Oh, and some people on Warseer got really freaked out by the avatar. Laughing

Back to the topic at hand, 2 swords and Swordsman skill works nicely and still looks stylish.
Back to top Go down
Drud
Hero
Hero
Drud

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 13:51

catferret wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, 2 swords and Swordsman skill works nicely and still looks stylish.

That's a good point. So you could just give your vampire Expert Swordsman and viola - the second sword is both useful and good looking!
Back to top Go down
RandomRaefe

RandomRaefe

PostSubject: Reiklanders warband List   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Dec 2008 - 18:13

Hi guys

This is my first post. I am reasonably new to the game as I used to play a lot of fantasy and 40k and i just fancied a change. After having played a few trial games with a friends of mine's skaven I have had a go at writing a list for a Reikland warband. Here it is:

Mercanary captain with free dagger, sword, sheild and light armour (95)

Champion with free dagger, sword and shield (50)

Youngblood with a free dagger, spear and shield (30)

Marksman with free dagger and longbow (40)

I still have 5 crowns left over any suggestions for what to spend it on? I would also welcome any advice/changes. And I have included all those marksmen so that they can get plenty of experience, advances and as such higher BS.

thanks

Merged with starting warbands thread.
-cianty
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Dec 2008 - 10:18

RandomRaefe wrote:
Hi guys

This is my first post. I am reasonably new to the game as I used to play a lot of fantasy and 40k and i just fancied a change. After having played a few trial games with a friends of mine's skaven I have had a go at writing a list for a Reikland warband. Here it is:

Mercanary captain with free dagger, sword, sheild and light armour (95)

I still have 5 crowns left over any suggestions for what to spend it on? I would also welcome any advice/changes. And I have included all those marksmen so that they can get plenty of experience, advances and as such higher BS.

thanks

Merged with starting warbands thread.
-cianty

I'd drop the light armour on captain and in personal opinion same with all the shields. means you could possibly buy another marksman if you want or a swordsman.

Not much point in armour until as others say, your warbands pretty much maxed out on weapons and warriors. shields don't add as much benefit as a extra man or weapon also i think.

RandomRaefe

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Dec 2008 - 17:24

thanks for the tip

my warband now stands at:

Mercanary captain with free dagger and sword (70)

Champion with free dagger and sword (45)

Champion with free dagger and sword (45)

Youngblood with a free dagger and spear (25)

Youngblood with a free dagger and spear (25)

since I had 10 crowns left over I figured I'd give the champions an axe each so that they could help peel open any heavily armoured opponents along with the captain whilst my youngbloods guard their flanks and my marksmen keep the enemy's heads firmly down.

I would welcome any other suggestions, comments and that sort of thing

thanks
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Dec 2008 - 19:49

a small alteraton you could do, take away the champions swords so 20g plus 10g you have left over. 30g

thats 10 clubs

1 per marksman making all of the get 2 attacks.

and 1 per champion and one for your leader.

means hes getting 2 proper attacks, champs both get 1 from club and the dagger. and all marksmen get 2 attacks.

you could even swap the spears if you wanted for more maces and get all of the heroes 2 proper hand to hand weapons so no armour save 6 the daggers suffer (I think thats right)

though thats optional if you want the max / min. If your happy with spears then go for it. nothing wrong with variety.

Warrior
Warrior
Barden The Butcher

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Dwarf starters   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Dec 2008 - 16:54

Now I am starting a new warband, good old dwarfs!

After a long look through their rules i find myself unsure how to start.

I am thinkin
Dwarf noble - 140pts
dwarf axe
shield
pistol
light armor

Dwarf engineer - 62pts
Grom hammer
shield

Troll slayer - 60pts
2x axes

Beardlings - 105pts
axe
shield

axe
shield

axe
shield

Thunderers - 130
xbow 25

Xbow 25

not very shooty but i could always take one of the CC beards away and put another Xbow on the engeneer

Ideas??

Moved to the starting Warbands topic - Duce
(Should also be some good dwarf starting warbands in here to help you get some ideas from the others Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Dec 2008 - 20:23

Best performance from a dwarf warband (that I heard about) was maxed on heroes (with minimum equipment), then maxed on beardlings with daggers. The player used the beardlings to protect the heroes, then when they got killed off he/she (can't remember) replaced them with thunderers with crossbows.
Back to top Go down
Xarx
Youngblood
Youngblood
Xarx

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008 - 14:04

This is the warband I´ve used today just to practise with my Witch Hunters, what to do you thnk about it? Btw I haven´t decide my heros´names.

Witch Hunter Captain
Free Dagger
Xbow
Sword

Witch Hunter 1
Free Dagger
Xbow
Sword

Witch Hunter 2
Free Dagger
Brace of pistols
Sword

Witch Hunter 3
Free Dagger
Pistol
Sword

Warrior Priest
GW
Light Armour

2 Flagellants
The weapon that gives +2 Strengh but has fatigue (sorry but I can´t remember the name)

3 Warhounds

What I´ve realized is that the Priest with that equipment isn´t good at all, he hasn´t done anything in the whole game. Any other tips will be welcome!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ram Rock Ed First
Knight
Knight
Ram Rock Ed First

Location : Sydney, Australia (preferrably in the light of the Moon)

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 5:39

Oldcastle wrote:
Here is a Shadow Warrior band I've been considering for our next Mordheim campaign...

First, one with the most heros (and best gear) I can get

Arthion, Shadow Master; Elf Bow Sword, Ithilmar Armor, free Dagger
Daeron, Shadow Weaver; free Dagger
Mithrennon, Shadow Walker; Elf Bow, Sword, free Dagger
Harthien, Shadow Walker; Elf Bow, Sword, free Dagger
Harthien, Shadow Walker; Elf Bow, free Dagger
------------------------------------
This one is the most models I can get, with a fair distribution of the gear I still want... but I lose one hero (down to 4)

Arthion, Shadow Master; Elf Bow Sword, free Dagger
Daeron, Shadow Weaver; free Dagger
Mithrennon, Shadow Walker; Elf Bow, Sword, free Dagger
Harthien, Shadow Walker; Elf Bow, Sword, free Dagger
Saeros, Shadow Warrior; Long Bow, free Dagger
Maeros, Shadow Warrior; Long Bow, free Dagger
Turgin, Shadow Warrior Novice; Spear, Shield, free Dagger

Comments on either configuration are most welcome.

Oldcastle, I've played incredibly successful Shadow Elf Warbands in the past and my advice would be to start with the Standard of Nagarythe. You CAN'T get it later on and hatred once the bearer is down is damned useful for the elves. You have a high initiative and spears are a damned useful commodity for you especially if facing skaven. My advice on playing the warband is that you have some great equipment available and great troopers but you are still as easy to kill as a human (unless you play the hiding game well). Take 1 or 2 of those Novices (pretty sure that's what they are called) plus a 2nd dagger if needs be and run them in and get them killed unless you bring the enemy to rout first, but VOLUNTARILY ROUT. The early game is where you need to excel if you want to get ahead and legging it for a game or 3 is nothing bad because you'll have solid income and be able to expand out the common items to supplement the more expensive items. I know one poster has advised dropping teh Elf Bows but I advise keeping them. They are more expensive BUT have extra range, and get rid of shields/light arnour that a couple warbands will be packing initially and as they develop, and furthermore you si8mply aren't finding rare 12 items until much later in the campaign. take every advantage you can as you are frail and will need them regardless of the superior stats. One piece of advice whilst playing them is not to max out on snipers and if you do to only use half o them at any one time in most turns of a game as people will start to refuse to play you else adopt new strategies that bog teh game down and make it less fun as a whole.

Ram.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next