Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skips Shuffling Undead Warband

Go down 
+4
Alex
DeafNala
HumanFly
skipspence
8 posters
AuthorMessage
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Empty
PostSubject: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 16:45

Hey Guys, I'm back from the dead mwahahaahahaahaha!

Now that I've moved home and just been made redundant it was a perfect time to get painting.

Thought I'd get going on my Undead warband now I have all the bits and bobs I want for it. So here a quick taster photo to get myself started.

Here's my necromancer with his first four Zombie buddies.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03641n

Skip
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 17:24

Nice bunch of undead guys,
i like a lot the metal Mordheim zombies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 18:15

Yeah, the plastic kit is the most horrible kit I've ever had from GW so I just speed painted them.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 18:49

Your Mostly Dead Lads are a FINE LOOKING Crew...mostly. GOOD WORK! thumbsup
I've found that the G.W. Zombies are a GREAT source of useful conversion parts. In this case the parts are greater than the whole. clown
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb 2013 - 19:12

Great start! I really love that you are using a necrarch vampire. The necrarch need more love Smile The paintjob looks suitably dirty and I look forward to seeing more!

I have to say that the Zombie kit is one of the best ones around. Considering its age it really holds up and the bits are so useful for all kinds of projects. I hope they do not change it anytime soon.

Dreng Tromms zombies are an excellent example of the usefulness of the kit. It is aliiiive!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 19:18

Hey again, Well I have made good progress on the Undead, with only a few needing some final touches, unfortunately my decent camera is a little poorly at the moment so I had to take these on my mobile phone, which does not like tungsten lighting so I took them outside which help a lot with image noise but the sunshine was just a little to intense, oh well.

So here are two of my dregs who just need a tiny bit more work done to their faces.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03901d

On the left we have Berty, the vampires faithful man servant and on the right we have Cláude who fancies himself as a bit of a cook, what he cooks I don't know but I'm sure its not very pleasant.

Next up we have Uncle Fowkes who is still awaiting a few touches to his cloak.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03921r

Uncle Fowkes wishes to be a necromancer, and as such follows the actualy necromancer around like a lost puppy. He carries all the things he things will make him a necromancer, including a book that he was told was a spell book. The only problem is, he cannot read.

and here is the gang of Zombies.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03941y

Raaarrghhh!

and last but not least, is my Ghoul.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03981l

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Img03991

I wanted to go for a look of his skin peeling off as he slowly becomes more and more monstrous and rotten underneath, which he tries futilely to pin his skin on with bones of various snacks he's had in mordheim.

Well that's the undead so far.

Skip
Back to top Go down
Lion01
Knight
Knight
Lion01

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 19:37

Nice job, Skip! I love the skin on the Ghoul, how did you achieve that effect? I'm currently painting up some new Ghouls, so I'm curious about that. The Necro looks awesome, post some more pictures of him!
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 19:52

I'll take some pictures of the necromancer tomorrow.

The ghoul I first identified the underskin and the topskin, The top skin I've seen other people paint as torn clothes.

The underskin I started with a base of Death World Forest for a dark green rotten look. I then washed it with a red wash in this case Baal red from the previous GW paint range (I also used this on the top skin). This was to try and bring out a little more of a feeling of bloodiness and sores and then highlight with Nurgling Green.

The top skin I started with a Base of Ratskin Flesh then I washed it with the Baal Red then added a layer of Blood Red from the previous GW range, leaving some of the base layer showing. I then did a smaller layer of Cadian Fleshtone and then a final highlight of Kislev Flesh. I did the paint in lines trying to make it look as if it is peeling back.

Hope that helps, I'm not much good at explaining my processes though.

Skip
Back to top Go down
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Veteran
Veteran
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 20:08

I like the background story on Uncle Fowkes a lot, always nice to add that little bit of character to your warband.
Also, the zombie using a flintlock pistol as a club is a cool bit of conversion work. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 20:12

The Living Impaired Lads & Lass are coming along in a VERY COOL way. Your FINE brushwork is enhanced by the interesting backgrounds you've included. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeTue 16 Apr 2013 - 20:44

Great job on the ghoul! You really make him stand out with the excellent paint job. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
pidge
Youngblood
Youngblood
pidge

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 15:47

skip.....you named that damn dreg after me, ive only just realised. i suppose its getting even after naming my mutant after you Razz
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 18:28

Lion01, here is a slightly closer picture of the necromancer, just need some love to the base and to fix a chip from when I last fielded him in a campaign.

Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Necroo

Skip
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitimeWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:12

Good looking models here. More please... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skips Shuffling Undead Warband   Warband - Skips Shuffling Undead Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skips Shuffling Undead Warband
Page 1 of 1