Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Blunerbuss "fixing"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Blunerbuss "fixing" Empty
PostSubject: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 13:24

Ok, not much fixing here, just some changes to the fire mode. Current rules are 16" long 1" wide rectangle. I find it stupid that blunderbuss works like a kind of bolt thrower with a straight line of fire. In my group I'm going to propose using warhammer (or warmachine) flame template which is more appropriate to blunderbuss scatter. Another thing I don't like about blunderbuss is that part of its rules:
"Any and all models in its path are automatically hit by a Strength 3 hit."
I find it weird that things such as cover doesn't work against such shot so my next modification would be giving targeted model kind of 5+ special save if he's in cover. (not sure about this one).
Of course it makes it much weaker so gc decrease will be needed.
What do yoy people think? Is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 13:40

I have thought about using the 'flame' template for years. Never done it though as my group loves their blunderbusses as they are. Sad

The game does have endless things to tinker with.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 13:43

Makes sense though I'd be tempted to make it an armour save for those in cover to allow critical hits etc. Should you want to add complexity, you could also distinguish between light and heavy cover though this might lead to more arguments than it's worth.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 14:34

Quote :
Makes sense though I'd be tempted to make it an armour save for those in cover to allow critical hits etc.
I should be more specific - this 5+ save is against being hit. It represents shooter hitting the cover instead of target (of course no double hit if cover is a warrior).
Quote :
Should you want to add complexity, you could also distinguish between light and heavy cover though this might lead to more arguments than it's worth.
Thought about it, by as you say I would be tired of arguing with each and every shot fired.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 16:36

We've used the flame template for blunderbusses in our campaign, and so far people like it. It's really nasty when you have overlapping blasts, but the cover idea was really never an issue. Like I mentioned in another thread, it's funny how situational some questions and issues can bring up some fun "what ifs".
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2013 - 20:49

Flame Template makes sense.

As to cover, I like the armour bonus idea better then a save throw as it could count as a dive for cover (not that reality would give you much of a chance) and also if the cover is just soft the shoot may get threw some.
Us the same "cover" rules as other shooting too to make it easier on who gets the cover bonus.

Between these two changes I don't think the Blunderbuss would need re priced as the Flame Template covers more area and is compensated for the extra cover save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blunerbuss "fixing"   Blunerbuss "fixing" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blunerbuss "fixing"
Page 1 of 1