Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

John's Witch Hunters

Go down 
+2
wamez
JohnYoung
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

witch - John's Witch Hunters Empty
PostSubject: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 1:48

After years of unsuccesful and trully deceving painting attempts on orcs (when I was 13 -_-) and later, skavens (a year ago), I decided on building a witch hunters warband. And frankly, I found they were much easier to paint and I ended up with a decent (hooray!) fig for once! It's far from the massacre it used to be Razz Gone are the days of terrain-making-because-I-suxor-at-paiting.

witch - John's Witch Hunters Img2792pg5

witch - John's Witch Hunters Img2797pa4

More to come shortly. I'm working on 3 flaggelants and a bunch of zealot made from milita+flagellants sprues :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
wamez
Warrior
Warrior
wamez

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 4:57

Looks nice, dude! Is that a little 5 o'clock shadow (or whatever the blonde equivalent is) on his chin?

I love the expression on his face, too. And the shading on the robes is nice and subtle. Good work.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 8:07

good paintjob man!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 10:55

Oh yes, that mini is miles away from being a massacre! I think you did very well. The only thing you may need is a tiny bit more practice in "neatness" - which will come in time anyway.
Everything else is there: shading, layers, effects...

DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 12:40

VERY NICE!thumbsup

That was my experience too. After knocking out good "wargames quality" minis, I suddenly found myself turning out "collector quality" stuff. This mini is very nicely painted, & an excellent choice of colors. MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOU LIKE IT.

The most important lesson I learned was from the WORST painter I've ever met. Old Wayne's stuff was simply HORRIBLE; it was bad to the point of being surrealistic, BUT Wayne absolutely LOVED his minis. Now with Wayne it was probably a problem with his vision, but I found, when I started to like/love what I was creating, the minis started to get increasingly better. AND you've GOTTA LOVE THAT MINI.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your warband, AND where you go from there. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!cheers
Back to top Go down
Axel
General
General
Axel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008 - 19:28

great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John's Witch Hunters   witch - John's Witch Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John's Witch Hunters
Page 1 of 1