Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Making a warband, the other way around

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
Pervavita
vampirekhaine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Making a warband, the other way around Empty
PostSubject: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012 - 23:08

It's been a while since I've been here, but I suddenly realized you guys still existed!

Recently I've been to the Crisis wargaming/modelling event in Antwerp, Belgium. Great event, bought some super cool mini's as well. In fact, I've bought some mini's from different games just for the looks! And now I have those mini's and no clue what game to use them in lol! .

This is were you guys come in. I've been thinking to use the following miniatures as mordheim warbands, but not quite sure how. I've bought (among other stuff) the following (mind you, these pictures are borrowed from the internet):

1st. Fusiliers de Griffon. Amazing models from the confrontation series. I've only got one box with 6 gunners.
Making a warband, the other way around GRBO04GD

Was thinking of turning these guys into a nuln warband or something like that.

2nd. Manannan's Warriors, from the Celtos series (by i-kore, previously unknown to yours truly).
Making a warband, the other way around 22548

7 Rather simple straightforward kelt-ish warrios, armed with swords or axes. With some minor adjustments, they could pose as a Norse warband, or maybe some empire, perhaps even chaos?

So, if you were me, what sort of warband (if at all any) would you use these models for? All suggestions are open!
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeThu 13 Dec 2012 - 23:20

Nuln was the first thing I thought when I saw the first batch.
They would fit well in a Araby style setting I think.

The secound group would fit Maradars of Chaos
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 0:23

Well the minis you chose are VERY COOL! I have some of the Griffons myself; I thought they'd make GREAT Witch Hunters. The Celtos Barbarian would fit nicely with a Norse or Albion or Chaos. What a Face

Now then, this thread really belongs in the Painting & Modeling Section. You'll probably get many more responses there. SO off we go! clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 26 Dec 2012 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 9:26

the celts could easily be from albion, or some backwater mountain province, not even really part of the empire. Use the middenheimer rules
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 10:05

@pervavita: Thnx for the reply. Guess I'm not the only one thinking in that direction then Smile

@deaf: Thnx for moving it! That witch hunter thing is a great suggestion! I will keep that one in mind. Don't know if the real witch hunter hats will fit these guys though. I need to find some dogs as well then. I will look into albion for the kelts! Norse and chaos were on my mind, but it never hurts to have choice.

@bernhardt: Liking the story thus far, been a while since I played middenheimers as well. Thnx for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012 - 23:31

FYI, I-kore went under years ago, they have re-surfaced as a different company a couple of times since then, the latest being Urban Mammoth, however the Celtos line of figures is now owned by brigade models (.co.uk).

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012 - 21:11

Welcome back Khaine. I woul say the models looks like some more outback part of the empire , perhaps Nordland or Ostland? The guns and naked chests would seem like the folk from some villagehold in Ostland.

Have fun with them!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012 - 13:56

@maxxev: That explains a lot. Too bad some of those smaller companies won't hold ground. I really like the miniatures from this series. Had a bit of luck as well (bought the box with these kelts for only 5 euros), so I will enjoy building and perhaps converting them. Maybe I'll come across some others later on. Really hope so!

@Alex: The kelts are def. from the more "barbaric" parts of the empire. They look a bit muscular then the average empire soldier, I was therefore considering to put them in a norse warband. I will however look up on ostland or nordland, perhaps those match the description as well.

Thnx again for the suggestions everyone!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2012 - 18:40

I also think that the Confrontation-Minis look very Witchhunter-ish. Unfortunately, witchhunters lack the entry for handguns in their equipment-list, making this use a little tough. Nuln is said to be rather overpowered, but you could just go for Mercs/Reikländer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a warband, the other way around   Making a warband, the other way around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a warband, the other way around
Page 1 of 1