Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Different Initiative attacks for the same model

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Trading Reputation : 0

Different Initiative attacks for the same model Empty
PostSubject: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 3:17

A knight is on horseback. The knight is I4, the horse is I3. The knight strikes first and stuns his opponent. Now the horse attacks. Does the horse need to roll to hit/wound/injure, or is the model automatically taken OOA?

Likewise, let's say that a mutant has an extra arm. He is armed with a sword and a great weapon. He attacks first with the sword and stuns with it. Does he need to roll for the great weapon?

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 3:59

The Knight's horse does indeed take the stunned model OoA. It is a seperate being despite being ridden.

The second half of your question has been discussed at length recently:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6632-sisters-of-sigmar-steel-whips
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 4:25

For your first question it is just like a warrior and a war dog owned by the warrior each attacking the same enemy. The knight and horse move as one unit but are still separate as mentioned by VK.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 7:11

Thanks for the answers! So, does a knight get any XP for a horse's kills?

If not, then I'm thinking the best tactic is to always strike first with the horse, and then have the knight finish the foes off.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 8:20

You have to resolve close combat in order of Initiative so the I4 knight would strike before the I3 horse. Sad I would say that the knight does not get XP.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 14:17

Quote :
The knight is I4, the horse is I3. The knight strikes first and stuns his opponent.

Very Happy You knew that in the first post...

The warhorse is a seperate entity capable of moving, being attacked and attacking on its own if its rider is stunned or dismounts. The knight gains no exp from wounds caused by the horse.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitimeSun 2 Dec 2012 - 9:03

Thanks for everyone's help. It's good to have this sorted out now before an issue arises. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Initiative attacks for the same model   Different Initiative attacks for the same model Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Initiative attacks for the same model
Page 1 of 1