HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schoel
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting   Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 15:31

I'm wondering how you play the spear along with things that gets you extra limbs, I don't think the rules are very clear on this.

The unwieldy special rule says:
Quote :
A warrior with a spear may only use a shield or a buckler in his other hand. He may not use a second weapon.

That is, it says nothing at all about extra arms or tails. The spear strike first rule says:
Quote :
A warrior with a spear strikes first in the first turn of a hand-to-hand combat.

Does this mean that a mutant with a scorpion tail, Attack 1, Initiative 3 would strike first with both his tail and the spear against a charging opponent with Initiative 2? The strike first rule says that the model strikes first, not that he strikes first with his spear. The wording of unwieldy special rule makes me think they forgot about this special case when they wrote the rule though. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harganok
Hero
Hero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting   Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 16:01

We play it that the spear attack strikes first, followed by the charger, followed by the other attacks from the charged model (unless charger model has something like a great weapon, in which case he'll strike last anyway), which in your example would be the scorpion tail. That means the spear is a special case, and only attacks from the actual spear are subject to the 'Strikes first' rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting   Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 16:11

The tail (Scorpion Tail) and Bites are not weapons so the rule does not apply to them.

As to extra arms or Tail Fighting I would say the rules mean what they mean here and the spear is your only weapon you can use even if you got 20 arms.
Though I do think this was something not covered or thought of in the rules and would say allow the extra arm(s) and tail to use other weapons. BUT I would check with my group first.

For Strike First; I think this also goes to the rules as writen vs intent (or rather didn't think about it) as ya your tail/bite is going first... though again this is obviously not the intent so you play the spear per the rule and other attacks per normal rules. This again you want to check with your group though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting   Today at 7:08

Back to top Go down

Spear and scorpion tail / extra arm / tail fighting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1