Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Vehicles & warband rating.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Vehicles & warband rating. Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles & warband rating.   Vehicles & warband rating. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 13:06

I just go through the Merchant caravan and the Black Dwarf warband and both have a vehicle in their warband hire list.

I noticed that there is no warband rating for those vehicles... Do they have one ?

In the case of the Stage coach the two horses both count as 5 so it would add a mere 10 points... In the case of the Engine of chaos the demon should be a large creature so I'd say 20 ...

But indeed... As they are not ''warriors'' and do not have any ''combat potential'' should they have a rating ? I really don't know.

Any opinions ?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles & warband rating.   Vehicles & warband rating. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 15:25

Quote :

I noticed that there is no warband rating for those vehicles... Do they have one ?

No they do not. The authors of the rules apparently thought that they did not require one. I agree.

I have read of people counting them as +40 (for 2 mounts). Ridiculous. Regular wagons are potential death traps and a huge income sink. Penalty enough I say.

By the original (optional) rules for mounts horses count +3. Warhorses count +5.

Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles & warband rating.   Vehicles & warband rating. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 15:35

Thx alot Von Kurst. Its so true that they are nothing more than a big sink to GC.

Indeed, I think a good compromise would be to add the value of the two horses (so 6) for the Stage coach. and add 12 for the engine of chaos ( for the demon that clearly worths twice the horses).

However, On most engine of chaos I saw here, the demon was ''hidden''. Personnaly, my plans for my future engine looks more like a techno-geared-coach pulled by a huge flaming ''Taurus'' demon. Still, it's a personal taste I guess.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles & warband rating.   Vehicles & warband rating. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicles & warband rating.
Page 1 of 1