Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat   Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat Icon_minitimeMon 5 Nov 2012 - 22:47

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat B925b91b084390452ba405bb51cca693_large

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat 535c216daa0edc84839dad5676fc2ca0_large

This game sounds really interesting I haven't pledge to it yet but it has my Wife intrigued as she loves anything to do with Steampunk.
And it seems to me this is like Steampunk meets Sherlock Holmes with a twist.

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat Minichart

The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
http://greywolfgames.blogspot.co.nz/
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat   Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 9:03

I sent an email to the team at Sixpence games and asked them a few questions and here are the responses.

====================================================================

How long has Sixpence games been around for?

Quote :
Since August of this year. This is our first game.

How did Sixpence games get created?

Quote :
I had wanted to make a boardgame company for a long time, but put it off as an impossible dre because of the expense involved. Then I found out about Kickstarter, and started taking the idea seriously. I fleshed out a game idea, started playtesting it, tested and revised, tested and revised, and when it started looking like there might be something good there, started looking for an artist. Once I found one, I started looking into all the other things necessary, recruiting larger pools of playtesters, and eventually got here!

What is your mission statement?

Quote :
To create tightly designed, highly thematic board and card games. Though we'll also be publishing some other things, like a deck of steampunk playing cards.

What is your short term and Long term goals for your company?

Quote :
Short term: to get Professor Pugnacious funded and in the hands of our backers, and then into retail stores. Long term: to be known for our fun, interesting mechanics and the excellent atmosphere our games evoke. This is why, for instance, our games will come with theme music.

if you were to describe 6p the Card Game of Victorian Combat to a card noob what would you tell them?

Quote :
This is a competitive game where you try not just to win, but to make everyone else lose. Everyone starts with identical decks and then acquired more cards from a central source, but from different parts of it-and you can get cards that change what parts you and the other players had access to. You try to defeat monsters, and also mess up the other players so they lose their fights.

how do you see the game evolving?

Quote :
We have two expansions already written. One introduces Classes, which are cards people start with that remain in play and give constant powers and alternate win conditions, and focuses on Failure as a mechanic. The other introduces Settings and Locations-the former affect all the players, while the latter modifies a specific monster. This expansion focuses on manipulating the Card Ring.

What other types are games do you have planed?

Quote :
We have a number of games in the works. Apart from the expansions, which are the only ones of these already written and playtested, we have a game where players take the roles of rival gangs competing for control of a neighborhood, a market simulation, and a satire of dungeon crawling RPGs.

I hope these questions were enlightening!

====================================================================

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
http://greywolfgames.blogspot.co.nz/

Kickstarter: The 6P Card Game of Victorian Combat
Page 1 of 1