Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Nov 2012 - 14:13

Hey !
A lot of the job have been done by now...

There's only the Hired sword, Dramatis personae and Warmachines to complete.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxEHFxKBRf5VNUtSekQ2UFF2bGc

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxEHFxKBRf5VTWRCeDZMSEVCVXM

Thx for all comments.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2012 - 4:02

Here is the link for the warpand with pics.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxEHFxKBRf5VYXY0Sm1QVE5LUWM
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 20:21

Non one has nothing to say...

Either its very bad or either no one has anything to say against it ...

Please comment.. its the first releases so they sure need ''tuning''...

thx
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:08

Following links most people don't do to read up on stuff.
I understand if formating is an issue but even some information other then a link will get people's interest and should get something.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:10

Can you be more specific ? What I've done wrong please ?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:15

Sorry, not that you did something "wrong" just that I have noticed (and I am guilty as well) that most people don't follow links as much but will respond more times then not if you actually post your rules here.

For example:
*Note: these are from my group
House Rules
Armor:
Buckler: 5 GC, 6+ AS in H2H if combined with a hand weapon, Perry (Re-Roll Perry if combined with a Sword)
Shield: 5 GC, 6+ AS, 5+ AS in H2H if combined with a hand weapon.
Light Armor
-Toughened Leather: 5 GC, 6+ AS
-Light Armor: 10 GC, 5+ AS
-Ithmil Armor: 90 GC, 4+ AS (NO -1 Move when combined with a Shield)
Heavy Armor
-Heavy Armor: 25 GC, 4+ AS (-1 Move when combined with a Shield)
-Gromril Armor: 150 GC, 3+ AS (NO -1 Move when combined with a Shield)
Barding: 30 GC, 6+ AS (Mounted only).

Healing Herbs:
Healing Herbs can be purchased for and used by any model including henchmen. If used for henchmen the whole group must have them or they can not carry them.
Healing Herbs can be used in the post game when rolling for Serious Injury. If done so re-roll 1 dice for the model equipped with Healing Herbs. This re-roll may only be done one time and the second result must be kept. If a result is rolled that is a non injury related result (Robbed, sold to the pits, ext) treat this as a “Full Recovery”.

Critical Hit Chart:
1-2: 1 wound equals 2

3-4: 1 wound equals 2, +1 to Injury rolls

5-6: 1 wound equals 2, +2 to Injury rolls, ignore armor

You could go on with this to include all your house rules or link to your others... I recomend include them all and link to a PDF/printable version for those interested.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 21:57

Pervavita is correct. It's all about marketing your rules Wink

I myself is far to lazy to open links if I don't immediately see something that picks my interest.

If you write some more about what to expect in the opening post I believe you'll get people more interested.

Oh and the timing might just be bad, the rules part of the forum has been a little slow the last weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 22:30

Its a PDF .. with pics and page editing !! YOU SHOULD at least open it !! LOL

Then, if it does't interest you its all right !!!

I cannot do anything else than that !... sadly ...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov 2012 - 23:15

Okay so I went and opened my mouth, might as well put my foot in it.

Called from the grave:

The special equipment are a bit odd, why waste a skill slot on rage from the grave if you can buy it for 10gc? I would drop the skull fetish for this reason, and the staff of anger for the same reason. On staff of anger it says that the skull fetish is destroyed after use but the skull fetish doesn't mention this.

Personaly I really don't like warbands starting with special equipment, but that is my taste...

Dead speaker - he is a human right? No need to include the max stats. Channel rage is way too powerful, the caster should risk OoA when casting it. What kind of magic does he use? Would guess the undead one Wink

Ghost king - is he a wight? Just curious Smile

Banshee - according to the fluff banshees are evil bitches who are scared to cross over to Morr's realm. Three "magic" users seems a wee bit over powered to be honest.

Raging spirits - I like that they want to escape their torment!

I dont want to sound too harsh! It certanly is an interesting warband that needs some polishing. There are way too many rules for all troop types. As my friend BalrogtheBuff knows I have a strong dislike for rule heavy warbands. The feel of the warband should be conveyed by the troop types and the fluff. How much have you playtested the warband? And do you have any models yet? Models are great Smile

If you like it and your group allows it I think it will provide a rather unusal opponent. Let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 0:46

Ok ,,,

I meant that you require to ''waste'' a skull fetishe in order to use the skill and that the staff is a permanent fetish... indeed its very not ell explained... youre right.

Channel rage: This need playtesting ... I did not want the power to end like black hunger and that no one ever use it,

Yes, the dead speaker and the apprentice are both human. This should be mentionned.

Ghost king : I dont know if its wight.. its a ghost that uses physical equipment (???) ...

Banshees: indeed ... the dead speaker do not cast any spell ... but I tought about reducing banshees to just 1 ...

Youre not too harsh.. youre honest and I like it.. thx.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 4:09

So I went over the other rules as well, rather quickly to be honest.

Are you and your group playing Mordheim or some form of skirmish warhammer? Again, I might sound harsh, but the Green Knight does certanly not belong in Mordheim, nor in any other skirmish game except for an arena of death. He is way too powerful for such a small engagement.

I think that might be my biggest concern with your rule changes. You want to play Warhammer on a small scale. However Mordheim is not meant for titans like Kairos and Karl Franz, it is meant for the gutter scum, the adventurers, the poor and desperate.

The Razorgor is an other good example, the model is really nice and I hear a lot of complaining about the lack of Hired Swords for beastmen. But be honest, do you really think a powerbeast with stats like that only needs 15 gc upkeep? That big pig will eat for 100 gc, every turn!

If you on the other hand are playing some arena of death skirmish hybrid I say go for it! Have fun, that is what it is all about.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2012 - 18:26

Thx for your comments. This is just a first release so you 're doing exactly what I expect Wink

About the green knight : True, its a powerful character but if you compare it to Aenur he is not so much stronger. The hire fee is tremendous and you cannot keep it so...

Razorgor: youre right here, the upkeep isnt high enough. But Its not much stronger than an ogre and it doesn't gain experience so I really dont know how high should be his upkeep.

Youre right also about those powerful hired swords and dramatis personae. Indeed, they should not be there from start as they are not even in the good ''timeline''... Its just for fun ... nothing more.

Still ... The rules need tuning...

Thx again
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 19:23

you made some add ons for the Masters of Horrors warband. Are you actually playing with that warband? I don't think I have ever seen anybody play with them or even mention them before Shocked
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012 - 14:48

My warband is bought and all but I did not liked the concept of the bittens particulary. I still have to playtest the rules.

I still have to paint it ( and I never play with an unpainted warband).

My documents are here in hopes for comments so I can adjust many things. I took many comments very seriously and I integrated many changes that comes from those constructive critics.

Thx for reading it and if you have time, feel free to tell what you think, I will not feel insulted...

Back to top Go down
Milnosh
Hero
Hero
Milnosh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 11:32

Can't get the links to work Sad
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 12:04

Its normal... check my other posts... the documents have been updated.

check here

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6879-home-rules-new-warbands-pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0   Home rules PDF release 1.0 &  Called from the grave 1.0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home rules PDF release 1.0 & Called from the grave 1.0
Page 1 of 1