HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

The Empire of Wolves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 30 Jan 2013 - 20:23

Maybe another photo--

Edit:stupid photobucket beta. Evil or Very Mad
________________________________________________________________________________________
A Chance Encounter in the Settled Lands

The Furryfoote Company had set up camp near the ruined tower.

Bright one morning another group of Big Men could be seen approaching the bridge. The call to arms was drummed by 'Taps' Boogletoe.

"Stations everyone!" called Brandiwick. The Elder was quite pleased with how the company turned out. Piggy trotted off to its station near the bridge with Gangy Halftoe. Brandiwick made another note to see about a bow for Gangy. The old short bows were not the right sort of armament for the Furryfoote Scouts. Brandiwick pulled himself up into the wagon bed. "Splendid view," he observed. Stimp spat over the side, but said nothing.

Across the bridge the Big Men were nearing the small black stones the Furryfoote archers had placed on either side of the muddy track. Lads with crossbows took their aim. Bowmen drew back their strings and raised their bows for maximum range.

"Loose!" shouted Brandiwick as he sent a bolt into the mass of Big Men, those dratted Middenheimers if he was not mistaken. The Middenheimer's front rank collapsed in pain and confusion. Those Men still standing broke for the nearest cover, an old dead tree to the northeast of the road. Three or four wounded crawled in their wake.

"Archers loose at will!" ordered Brandiwick. "Stimp take us closer."

Post Battle
The Middenheimers got one or two warriors into combat, but a hero and four or five henchmen were out of action and the hired witch was down. They routed before the bows got into short range. One warrior was killed.

Piggy was knocked down and a lone warrior was facing 8 or 9 angry Middenheimers, but with no archers against them the Furryfootes were unscathed. Again halfing shooting was incredibly effective against living opponents in daylight.

Another slaughtered warband was discovered nearby and the hired thief stole some caltrops...

Edit: Oops forgot. After 3 battles, 2 victories and a strategic withdrawl, the Furryfoote Company has a warband rating of 580. I added two unpainted pigs. pig pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 5:40

HOORAY FUZZYFOOTES! Tough Luck Big Hairy Guys! cheers

Whose piggies are you using? What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:27

These halflings are NOT to be trifled with! Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thetonezone.net
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 7:03

Darn right!

I am going to miss the Furryfootes when this adventure ends, which it will soonish. It will be awhile until photobucket releases the photos locked there.

Quote :
Whose piggies are you using?
Farm toys, except I misplaced them, so I'm using an ugly mix of farm toy survivors and Rafm warpigs. pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 7:08

By the way, you know you can switch back to the older version of Photo Bucket...right? There's a option to back out; just click the thingy in the right hand corner. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 7:21

Alas I have renewed my account, I have sent nasty notes to Danny Photobuckethed, and I have clicked on every icon in every corner of the page that might be considered 'right', but I have posted no photos since my screen went to 'beta'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 7:35

Bummer...I had some trouble switching back due their software Guys, but I finally got back to normal.
As a backup I opened a Google Gallery; it's a bit more work getting my photos posted, but any old port in a storm. Karate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 5:01

Playtable's Kegwagon from last week:

No idea why but I have 'old Photobucket' today. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 5:22

Glad to hear the Photobucket is operable again. cheers
I love the Keg Wagon...that Beasty could also be converted for Steam Punk. I'll have to check out some toy stores. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 18:47

Now if I can just keep the internet connetion...

Week 15--Triumph and Tradgedy

Another Battle for Yet Another Farm
Myth's Protectorate have a doctrinal dispute with the Righteous over Agricultural Policy.

The Protectorate approach the Farm.

The farmers are surrounded by Sigmarites!

The Protectorate strikes!

Dwindling numbers of farmers.

The Warrior Priest makes a point.

'Red' MacDougal and Terrible Tom V or VI congfront the Silver Heresy.

One mean dog.

Post Battle
The Righteous rout amid much lamentation and rejoicing. (Myth gained a hefty underdog bonus.)
Myth wrote:
It went well for me, with a solid victory over Jim and I got 5 shards out of it. Sadly I lost my ogre again. Sad

playtable wrote:
I'm ready to start over
____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Hermit
The recluse once known as Gadabout was uneasy. The new cave was damp and drafty. The Warlock felt like a beast trapped in its hole. His body ached were the Ancient One had scarred him. Always he could feel the vibrations of the search for him. She would not let him rest. Gadabout activated his wards and traps and began to pack.

In the distance a Hound gave voice. The hunt was on.

The goblins find the Hermit's cave empty.

The Ancient One and her pack.

The Hounds draw first blood!

Once her minions have softened up the goblins, the Ancient attacks!

Post Battle
Despite horrible losses the Ld 7 goblins refused to rout. The Ld 8 Lahmians broke first. Still the goblin victory comes at the cost of another hero. The Lahmians gain a goblin hero zombie.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 18:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 19:00

As a Fellow "if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" Guy, you have my deepest condolences, playtable. At least the board looks cool, as do about half of the minis. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 19:42

Monster Hunt (Sort of)

Hervey could hear Brandiwick's groans from across the camp. It was the Old Wound, the grievious cut from that wild Man's huge axe that the Elder had suffered on that ill favored hunt. Hervey reached for the deck of Tarot cards he had gotten at the last town. (Actually they were Brandiwick's cards, but Hervey had borrowed them since the Elder fell ill.)

Hervey dealt the cards as the priest, Ragnal, had taught him. Just a little diversion, Hervey thought, something to take his mind off poor Brandiwick. Hervey glanced at the cards he had dealt. The young halfling frowned, something was not right. That card, Ragnal had said something about that card. Ragnal had said that was NOT a GOOD card.

Suddenly Hervey was not in his tent. He was crouched beside a rounded hill, there was a cave and one of the piggies. The pig was terrified. Something was in the cave, but it was coming out. Something BAD. It was huge! Bigger than any hound, more terrible than the Ancient. "NOOOOO!" screamed Hervey.

And so I was down two heroes (and four crossbow shots) before the hunt began...

The Black Spiral Dancers attacked from the east.

The Furryfootes deployed in the west. There is a nice forest between the wagon and the Hochland Hunting Rifle.

Rob recklessly shoe-horned his poor skaven in between the two warbands. He also split his force. Cue omminous musical score.

The Furryfoote scouts know the Monster is in that abandoned mine. (The model is sitting on top of the hill, but we played the mine as the beast's actual lair.)

The Black Spiral engulfs the skaven left.

Every pig for himself!

The Furryfoote firebase supports the piggies' attack.

Meanwhile on the left...2 Beastmen and a skaven sorcerer would have been in this photo a moment before.

Post Battle
The Skaven fled first with nearly fifty per cent casualties. The Black Spiral took one halfiling scout out of action, then ran as well. Too much table between the chaotic killers and the little bowmen!

Rob lost his Sorcerer and a Night Runner to the murderous Black Spiral. Some other minions of the Great Assassin died as well, but they were of no account.

The T2 Mutant, nkcknamed 'Pincushion', survived against the odds. Something non-lethal happened to the Beast hero. It is possible that at least one Beastman and a Brethern died. Maybe more, maybe less. (Written reports did not get delivered this week.)

It was late so the Furryfootes let the Monster live. No Furryfootes died, so the company captured another Evil Priest. Hates them Evil Priests we does. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 5:14

HOORAY! Another Victory for the Short Chubby Ones! The Report, especially the introduction, & Photos (the minis are painting up nicely) are TERRIFIC. COOL STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:23

Week 16--The Final Conflict!

Brandiwick was so happy he was nearly in tears. The Elder grasped the calused, gnarled hand his old friend offerred and shook it mightily. "Gadabout!" he cried. "I saw you fall! I am so happy you were not killed!"

"It was nothing," rasped the Warlock. "Merely a deep, poisoned wound done with a cursed Lahmian blade. I was carried away by eagles, nursed for months by the Elves of Grimmerdale, tested by the Sprites of the Old Forest. Through it all the Ancient One pursued me mercilessly. The fiend hounded my every step, but it shall end today!"

"Today?" said Hervey. Hervey had been hoping for a feast, perhaps, a celebration. The young halfling looked at the Warlock and his companions.

"Yes, my good Furryfootes, today!" declared Gadabout. "Today I have gathered the Great Company together again. Ana Gornavich of Kislev, Gimlet of Karak Zorn, Leflet of the Wood Elves and Boris von Mir'd of Stirland."

A haughty human knight bowed slightly to the Furryfootes. He had greeted Ana with some passion, but kept apart from the rest of the group. The haughtier elf had actually left the camp entirely once he spied Gimlet. The two representatives of the Elder races had exchanged strange jests that Hervey for one did not understand. Gadabout had spoken sternly to the dwarf and elf and the elf had strode off toward a wooded hill to the south.

"Yes, where was I?" Gadabout continued. "Soon the Righteous Brothers and the Protectorate will arrive. You must cease your foolish fueding. The Dark Powers come against us! We must stand together!"

"With them murdering Sigmarites?" asked Brentway.

"Yes!" growled Gadabout. "The Dark One hunts, Light must not fight itself!"

"Tell that to them Sigmarites," muttered Guiles,

"Yes, well they will have bigger fish to fry," declared the Warlock. The wind blew through the camp suddenly, filling the air with the sound of hunting hounds...

The Black Spiral come to the dance from the northwest.

The Protedtorate held the north.

The Ancient One and her friends occupied the south west quarter.

Hordes of goblins from the south.

The surviving Righteous have the southern flank.

The Furryfootes held the strong center for the forces of Good. The Protectorate on the right, Righteous on the left.

The Righteous advance!

Furryfootes too! Although it was really more like milling around aimlessly.

'Red' MacDougal and Rex charge the foolish goblin boss.

Terrible Tom protects the Righteous archers.

Rob shows up and a horde of chittering rats takes the field as well.

Da Boss is down, but one goblin hero reaches Rex and 'Red".

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 3:56

HURRAH! The Start of an EPIC BATTLE! Judging (in a snide sort of way) from the photos, the Ghosts of the Fallen have jointed the fray along with some shades. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 5:28

Quote :
Judging (in a snide sort of way) from the photos, the Ghosts of the Fallen have jointed the fray along with some shades.
Aye that's prime!

A slightly fuzzy view of Evil's advance.

The war in the north. The Black Spiral and the Protectorate fought a bitter, private war.

Preparing to assault the hill.

Fevered activity among the forces of good. Pip joins the Men on the hill (and I forget about him for the rest of the battle.)

The Ancient One's minions link up with the Black Spiral to attack the Furryfootes.

A staunch defense, or the death of the Hounds.

The Ancient One claims the first halfling (although Gadabout was my first casualty.)

More anon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 6:50

COOL PHOTOS! It's becoming more epic with each post. thumbsup
Gadabout does do out of action well though. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 10:32

Good luck (I know the match is already over).
Enjoyed every update here and will be sad for the little ones to retire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:27

Thanks gentlemen.

The Goblins approach the Righteous' flank.

Skaven and undead move toward the Righteous' archers. Note that 'Red' and Rex are no longer on the hill (or the table) but the goblin Boss is.

Evil's center.

The Hounds are gone as well. A Lahmian hero fails to avenge them.

Alfred Hitchcork III keeps the Furryfootes from shooting the Ancient One.

The giant rats reach the firing line.

The goblin hero that did for 'Red' and Rex survives a volley of missiles.

The battle for the hill heats up.
Harganok wrote:
Myth's protectorate launched a volley of no less than 9 crossbow bolts at my 3 guys that managed to climb up the cliff to get to him, but hadnt charged in yet. I thought they were dead....But at point blank range, he MISSED with all but 2 shots...one was absorbed by a lucky charm and did no damage, while the other only knocked a brethren down. It was perhaps one of the more unlucky gaming events I have ever seen.

Sir Boris charges! Supported by a deadly volley from the wagon.

The Furryfootes' war wagon.

The goblins have broken through the Righteous' flank. Guiles and Leflet hold a small hill.

The battle for the hill becomes desperate. I still fail to remember Pip.

The Righteous can not hold!

The Witch Hunter Captain sells his life dearly.

The Ancient One begins to demolish the wagon!

The pig is OoA and the Flagellent hero is down!

The noose tightens.

Post Battle
Good surrendered after three hours of battle. The Righteous had five models left. Four were even standing, The Protectorate had fled with over half of their number left on the field. The Furryfootes had lost all the pigs, Gadabout and Sir Boris, both New Scouts and an Old Scout, AND a couple of warriors.
Naturally Brandiwick was able to locate a handy Faerie Ring and bring everyone back to health.

The Lahmians may have taken 50% or better casualties before the Ancient one removed the wagon from the equation. The goblins claimed they only lost one model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Wed 13 Feb 2013 - 20:10

WOW! That was TENSE. Even though the Dastardly Doers finished on top that was an EXCELLENT GRAND FINALE. CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who took part in a SPLENDID Campaign. thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 10:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 9:09

much enjoyed. Thank you for posting it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 16 Feb 2013 - 7:37

My pleasure.
Some end of the campaign material:
Harganok wrote:

Black Spiral Dancers - Final Rating of 531
Dead Heroes: only 1 possessed throughout the campaign
Dead Henchmen: Too many to count, though the last half of the campaign I started to get much luckier with not losing henchmen

Some final game heroics:
-First turn, magister lets loose with the Hochland Long Rifle and nails a protectorate of Sigmar crossbowman, taking him out immediately.

-Later on, my wizard got off his Visions of Torment spell off on Myth's Ogre...stunning it automagically and making it easy prey.

Here's my list at the end of the campaign:

Valnir the Faceless, Magister, 76 exp
M4 WS6 BS6 S3 T4 W2 I3 A3 L9
Skills: Sorcery, Step-Aside, Sprint, Wings of Darkness, Visions of Torment

Mr. Atrocious, Possessed, 15 exp
M5 WS4 BS0 S4 T5 W2 I4 A2 L7
Skills: 3x Extra Arm, Mighty Blow

Mr. Sinister, Possessed, 70 exp
M5 WS5 BS0 S4 T5 W3 I5 A5 L8
Skills: Lightning Reflexes, Resilient, Step-Aside, Mighty Blow, Strike to Injure
Injury: Chest Wound

Gareth "Pincushion", Mutant, 46 exp
M4 WS2 BS2 S4 T2 W2 I6 A4 L8
Skills: Extra Arm, Step-Aside, Expert Swordsman, Lightning Reflexes, Sprint
Injuries: Hardened, Chest Wound, Blind in One Eye, Hand Injury

Nard, Mutant, 47 exp
M4 WS6 BS3 S3 T4 W3 I3 A2 L9
Skills: Extra Arm, Scorpion Tail, Step-Aside, Strike to Injure, Sprint, Expert Swordsman

BOZAR, Beastman LGT, 42 exp
M4 WS6 BS2 S4 T4 W2 I5 A2 L9
Skills:Resilient, Mighty Blow, Step-Aside, Fearsome, Strongman
Injuries: Hates all Skaven, Blind in one Eye

HENCHMEN
Brethren: The Kin Slayers (2) 10 exp
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 L7

Brethren:The Pike Man (1) 14 exp
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 L8

Brethren: The Watchers (3) 10 exp
M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A2 L7

Beastmen:The Brutes (2) 14 exp
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I3 A2 L8

HIRED SWORDS
Vaako, The Gutter (Pit Fighter) 12 exp
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 L7
Skills:Step-Aside, Resilient

Isador the Black (Witch) 10 exp.
M4 WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 L7
Skills:Scry, Curse, Age of Stone

And from playtable...
Quote :
Both dogs died and Tom the 5th died.
After exploring, paying my 2 hired swords, and buying 2 warhounds, I am down to...
10 members, 1 horse, 2 hired swords, 11gc, rating 451
Totals of 5 heroes and 31 henchmen died during the campaign.

The Lahmians reported the loss of another hero, bringing their total of dead heroes to 5 as well.

The Night Goblins, never great record keepers, claim 7-9 dead heroes (one of whom is alleged to have died 4-5 times). Officially they are tied with the Righteous and Lahmians at 5.

The Furryfoote Company began the final battle with a rating of 653 after spending the bank on Gadabout's Great Company. Sadly none of the champions could be retained after the battle.

What's next?

The Furryfootes have one more adventure to report. The group is moving on to our next campaign which will begin next Thursday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Sat 16 Feb 2013 - 10:15

The parting tale of the Furryfoote Gang will be looked forward to...nice transition to the new campaign to boot. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 0:13

Thanks for another great campaign. So the bad boys won the campaign. How did you decide who plays the end game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Tue 26 Feb 2013 - 19:53

Quote :
Thanks for another great campaign. How did you decide who plays the end game?

Thanks!
By whoever showed up. Very Happy

I had planned to have 2 or possibly 3 games with 3 or 4 players maximum but there were lots of conflicts at the last minute so we just started to set up and ended up with 7 players in one game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   Today at 12:52

Back to top Go down

The Empire of Wolves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5