HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Our home rule PDF ... beta 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goglutin
Elder
Elder

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 13:39

The hired sword section and the warmachines basic rules are in progress ...

Please go on with your comments .. i need them for sure.

I'm very unsure about Hired sword cost/upkeep and ratings so any comments is welcome.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxEHFxKBRf5VYjZ4Smp3ODZ3RXM

Thx alot to everyone taking time to read and comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goglutin
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 12:50

No comments yet...

Is there any trouble with the link ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 6:21

Nothing wrong with the link, but it is the weekend. Traffic is always slow on Tom's on the weekend.

Word usage: Armour is one of those words that can be singular or plural depending on how it is used in a sentence, thus there is no need for an 's'. The sentence should read 'Armour does'.

Weapons: 'Do not supersede...' should read 'Does not supersede...' And actually the correct wording would be 'The rule does not supersede...'

Hired Swords:While we do have a stegadon show up in a monster hunt scenario making one a hired sword is a bit over the top. I have the same opinion of the Slann Mage Priest. Mordheim is a skirmish game, really powerful things may be encountered and overcome or temporarily allied with, but warbands should not have access to them on a regualr basis.

A hugely expensive Slann Dramatis Personae who will only participate in one desperate battle at a time would be my recommendation.

Flying things. I've always used the Warhammer template for rules for flying creatures. As far as I know this was the assumption for the poorly written rules for the only 'official' flying thing in the game, the Flying Carpet. (Either that or it can charge 32".)

I have noticed a couple of fliers in house rules that have been written lately. I assume that a 6" move for the terradon means it can charge 12"? Its a slow mount for a big flying lizard...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goglutin
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 7:01

Thx for pointing out those mistakes (i'm french so its obvious I've done that kind of errors).

I agree with the stegadon and slann Hired sword... They are really experimental and thats why I made their upkeep so high... ( paying 35 GC/battle to keep the Stegadon really hampers your warband progression).

About the Slann, I also agree But The way its made its more like some kind of very young slann that do not have reached his full power. It is also very vulnerable in close combat...

The Terradon rider stats are based on the one of the WHFB site. The 6 M is the stats they have in the Battle game so ... I see it as they are clumsy gliders rather than real flyers....

Thx alot alot for your comments ... This document is still in early beta and be sure I'll take your comments into account.

PS : Maybe changing the names to YOUNG Stegadon and Apprentice Slann Mage-priest and reduce their statistic a bit would do the trick Wink ... I like to see differents miniatures on the field !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 7:45

Quote :
The Terradon rider stats are based on the one of the WHFB site. The 6 M is the stats they have in the Battle game so ... I see it as they are clumsy gliders rather than real flyers....

Ah, I get it now. You don't have a move stat for the Terradon listed. The terradon rider is a skink who rides the terradon. Warhammer gives all fliers a flying move of 20", which is not indicated on their profile. They have a M characteristic of 2 when moving on land (not flying), this is indicated on the profile. The rider must always use the mount's movement as long as he is mounted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goglutin
Elder
Elder

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 8:07

So... the terradon movement should be 10 !! Hmm... 7 should be enough and give it the sprint skill so he can charges at 21'' ?

About the flying rules do you have any suggestions ??? Nothing is very satisfying yet and the fact that they must be standing at the end of the move is efficient but very ''unrealistic''.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Sat 20 Oct 2012 - 11:18

How could a terradon get the sprint skill? Aside from a house rule...Very Happy

Flying rules:

As I said, I tend to use the Warhammer rules for flying creatures. I used to use the 5th edition rules, because those rules were current when Mordheim was written. Lately we use the 6th/7th edition rules. I stopped playing before 8th came out so I don't know if there are different 8th edition rules.

Naturally Warhammer rules still leave a bunch of potential questions unanswered but so do many Mordheim rules...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our home rule PDF ... beta 2   Today at 10:27

Back to top Go down

Our home rule PDF ... beta 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1