Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct 2012 - 13:56

Inspired by GreyWolf's Impact Kickstarter thread, I thought I'd give a heads up that my buddy Richard at Otherworld Miniatures has got a crowdfunding campaign going to raise money to create a range of old school D&D-inspired 28mm metal adventurers. The range will include various player character classes and races - both male and female - plus henchmen and hirelings.

92 backers
$21,406 raised (of $5,000 target)
19 days to go

Some greens sculpted by Kev "Goblinmaster" Adams and a concept art taster:

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures DA1front
Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures DA1rear
Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures DA2art

The campaign includes some unlocked stretch goal rewards that sound interesting from a Mordheim perspective i.e. weapons & equipment for conversions, campsite gear, treasure items, adventurers' cart.

More information on the campaign page here

So, anyone up for a game of MorD&Dheim?  Very Happy

P.S. A big plus from my point of view is that Otherworld are UK-based and shipping's included, so they'll be no nasty surprises with import duty and handling charges for us EUropeans.

Last edited by Citizen Sade on Mon 16 Dec 2019 - 15:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kradlo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Kradlo

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct 2012 - 13:12

I signed up for this one at Level 7, so I'll be getting the whole shebang!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct 2012 - 18:22

I signed up for level 7 too after seeing those DA1 adventurer greens in the flesh last week.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2012 - 19:15

With all the extra gear, they are perfect for Mordheim. On the other hand, I do already have loads of these generic characters. So the really interesting minis are those in the third and fourth wave, the females and the henchmen. But 160$ (Level 5) for 25 Minis I didn't even see the concept art of yet? Better wait till they become available regularely. I might just catch a few then, but at least I get those painted! The same plan I still have for all the Reaper Bones Minis that were on Kickstarter recently... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeTue 9 Oct 2012 - 19:58

Grimscull wrote:
But 160$ (Level 5) for 25 Minis I didn't even see the concept art of yet? Better wait till they become available regularely.
That's fair comment and a number of people are saying similar things. That said, unlike those Kickstarter marketing campaigns that we have recently seen, this one is to actually raise the money to get the concept drawings done and the greens sculpted, moulded and cast. As such, I'm sure you can understand why there's not that much to show right now.

While I can appreciate that people want to wait until the figures are released and then pick and choose the ones they need, I have a lot of faith in this company and the sculptors they are using. At the end of the day, everything except the Indiegogo special miniatures - and possibly the stretch goal rewards (no decision has yet been made on whether these are campaign only specials) - will make it into the normal Otherworld range, but at full price.

Last edited by Citizen Sade on Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 20:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:23

108 backers
$25,246 raised (of $5,000 target)
14 days to go

Having reached the $25K level, two wardogs will be made and given to backers at level 4 ($85) or above.

The first bit of demi-human concept art has come to light and can be seen in the gallery here
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012 - 18:18

Update:
132 backers
$30,866 raised (of $5,000 target)
8 days to go

And another stretch goal is reached meaning the adventurers' stores will be made and thrown in for top level bidders. Two packs of familiars - regular ones like e.g. cat and toad plus special ones e.g. pseudo-dragon - will get made as the next stretch goal rewards at $35,000 and $40,000 respectively.

More concept art - like the gnome illusionist/thief with the crystal (or is it wyrdstone?) below - and the barbarian green has made into the gallery with the promise of more to follow soon.

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures 20121016133839-Otherworld_Gnome_Thief_Illusion__2_
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012 - 22:10

These are great! I love how they are kitted out for adventure.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012 - 0:30

I agree. I haven't done any roleplaying since I was at college, but these figures have got me hankering for some good, old-fashioned dungeon crawling. I've already stocked up on the Dwarven Forge terrain and this campaign will supply all the heroes I need. I'll be using (modified) Mordheim rules rather than any D&D rubbish, of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012 - 15:11

Update:
153 backers
$35,261 (of $5,000 target)
5 days to go

Funding speed seems to be picking up and most backers (72%) are in at level 7. For this, they will get 48 metal figures with scenic bases, 3 Indiegogo campaign special figures, 4 Feldherr mini carry cases plus the following free stuff (so far): weapons & equipment conversion pack, treasure items pack, two guard dogs, adventurers' campsite pack, adventurers' cart, adventurers' stores pack, magic users' familiars pack.

There's the prospect of some more unusual familiars and dead adventurers if more stretch goal targets get reached.

It's only money ...
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 13:33

Last (?) update:
165 backers
$38,251 raised (of $5,000 target)
68 hours to go

Otherworld have posted work-in-progress photos of the adventurers' cart and load. Here's one:

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures 20121021133334-AdvCart2

The final thing will have a mule, a mule handler and a dead adventurer in it as well.

More pictures in the gallery here
Back to top Go down
Kradlo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Kradlo

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2012 - 16:22

Oh, so good! I can't wait to see the rest of the sculpts.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012 - 19:25

OK, I lied pirat

Update:
204 backers
$47,606 raised (of $5,000 target)
Only 14 hours left!

With the $40k and $45k stretch goals reached, the magic users' special familiars and a heavily armed Dwarf mercenary will get made. Dead adventurers too if $50k is reached.

There has been a spate of updates with more concept art and work-in-progress greens of the Druid plus the Halfling fighter and thief. Check them out in the gallery

De-De-Dur-DUR!
De-De-De-De-DUR!
It's the final countdown

Last edited by Citizen Sade on Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 11:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:25

$50,001 raised from 215 backers with ten hours to go. The dead adventurers are in the bag Cool
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012 - 8:18

$55,011 with one hour left. All stretch goals reached Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012 - 10:37

Congratulations to Otherworld! That was a "spot landing" (had to look that word up in english) I am curious how the guys from Set 4 will turn out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures   Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indiegogo: Classic Dungeon Adventurer Miniatures
Page 1 of 1