Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Empty
PostSubject: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2012 - 19:40

Hey guys,
I've frequently read the rules for BTB the restless dead warband, wanting to create this warband - today thoughts became action!
In my process of acquiring models, thinking of conversions and planning painting schemes, I read the rules again for inspiration. something puzzled me about following rules

1. The special skill: corpse bomb.
From what I understand of this skill, only one zombie can be the bomb at a time. Does this mean if both your Liche and necromancer have the skill, two zombies can be bombs but only one can be armed at a time? I read a similar discussion Here where the players allowed the skill be used on two zombies.
What are your thoughts?

2. necromancer spell advance
The rules state that the necromancer is restricted to learn / choose spells that the lich can cast. Then my question is ; when the necromancer gets a skill advance, is he obliged to roll for a spell or may he choose one freely from the spells the Liche has learned?

Thanks in advance! It is aliiiive!
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2012 - 20:09

1: The way I read it is that both can have the skill but only 1 "bomb" per battle.
why take it twice? I think it's meant to be one of those things in the event the Litch dies so you can continue to have the skill active.

2: I take it as you roll. If I understand the rules right he would just roll untill he got one of the spells the litch has already OR rolls a spell he already has and thus the -1 diff.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 0:26

1) I think RAW is only 1 corpse bomb but we allowed two in our campaign if both had the skill. We didn't see it as a problem. The strength of the bomb is variable so we had a lot of weak bombs in our games for some reason. Positioning slow zombies is hard especially when trying to limit friendly collateral damage. The zombie is destroyed completely when it blows up (no bringing back through spells) - not sure if this was a house rule but made sense. These are all reasons why we were ok having two bombs. If you got lucky and had two strong blasts then cool but likely one will balance the other and be weak.

2) We rolled randomly. Usually to save time we just randomised between the spells of the liche instead of rolling on the spell table.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
crazygandalf
Warrior
Warrior
crazygandalf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 0:36

Zero2Hero-DK wrote:
2. necromancer spell advance
The rules state that the necromancer is restricted to learn / choose spells that the lich can cast. Then my question is ; when the necromancer gets a skill advance, is he obliged to roll for a spell or may he choose one freely from the spells the Liche has learned?
From BtB rulebook, "Questions & Answers" section, page 186
Quote :
How exactly does the Necromancer’s Apprentice rule work?
A: If a necromancer wishes to learn a new spell with a skill advancement, they randomly determine the spell from among the spells known by the Liche. For instance, to start off, the Liche knows two spells (randomly chosen as normal) and the Necromancer knows one spell. Roll the Liche's spells first. From those two spells determine one to be 1-3 and the other to be a 4-6 on a D6 and roll to determine which of the spells the Necromancer learns. After this, if the Necromancer wants to learn a spell and there is only one spell that the Liche knows that the Necromancer doesn't, then the Necromancer automatically learns that spell, likewise, if they know the same number of spells, a Necromancer cannot roll on the spell chart for an advance, but can choose from the other skills available should they desire, thus there is no chance that an advance can be wasted.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 7:19

Thanks a lot for your inputs! I think we'll play them RAW then there's no bad feelings among my fellow players.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 11:49

I've had some games played and I'm thinking of getting The Wraith touch skill for my liche.
Here's the rules for the skill.
Quote :

Wraith Touch
The hero may make a Wraith Touch attack instead of their normal attacks in close combat. The hero making a Wraith Touch makes a single unarmed attack, if it hits, it wounds automatically, all rules that apply to unarmed attacks apply to the Wraith Touch

Does this mean that the hit is at +1as to the opponent as per usual unarmed hit, or does the rule for unarmed liche hit apply?

Quote :

Liches may not carry any nonmagical weapons and do not suffer any penalties for this
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 12:35

IMO there is no penalty for the unarmed Wraith Touch attack.

As with any attacks that auto wound you would be able to roll still to determine if a critical hit was scored on a 6 even though it wounds automatically. Then if you are using the optional critical hit tables then use the table for unarmed critical hits.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012 - 13:50

I think rational lemnming is right here. I never tought to roll for criticals however... but its sure you can do it... Thx Lemming...

However, we play as the wraith touch doesnt allow an armour save... I wonder if I'm right ? I mean, ''Chilling touch'' should go through an armor.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 21:13

Thanks for the replies. (A little late sorry).

I have yet another question about this warband.

If one of the wights are promoted to heroes, which max characteristics apply? It doesn't seem that clear to me from the rules. ..
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 21:20

Reading it over though not clear I would use the Grave Guard as in every way they are converted into Grave Guards (Wight blade, skill choices, and equipment choice) with just retaining there old "type"
Though it's not a good way to do things to try to interpret what was the intent of the rules writer as we all have our opinions and all but here with no clear ansower in the rules it leads me to think that was the intent even if not writen.
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb 2013 - 7:36

Sounds reasonable. Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB   restless - New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New warband itch :The restless dead from BTB
Page 1 of 1