Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoctorMB
Youngblood
Youngblood
DoctorMB

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Empty
PostSubject: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 21:15

Well, after a lot of time spent renovating the house, I'm back at the painting desk. Finally finished my (first ever!) Warband!

introducing: Gorgoth's Restless

First off we have the heroes (I like to think of them more as villains) and the muscle

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3282

Gorgoth the Brayer is the leader. He's packing a dagger, a doublehanded weapon and light armour

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3279

Bleat the Gifted is his righthand man... er... beast. A shaman with dagger and battle axe and vision of torment

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3281

Hornor the Massive is the minotaur hired as bodyguard for the pair. Armed with dagger and sword.

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3280

Rounding out the ranks are two ungors armed with daggers, shields and mace, one with a shield, spear and mace and 2 viscious chaos hounds.

beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3286
beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3287

Now I'm working on an adventurer warband that consists of four familiar heroes
beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3289

And four archers as henchmen.
beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers IMG_3291

The three remaining archers are soaking in ovenspray right now in an attempt to strip off the horrible paint job the previous owner gave them...

Hope you enjoy my mini's.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 5:02

Nice looking Beastmen! I had all of those models for my old Beastman army back in Warhammer 5th edition days. I still use the ungors for my rarely appearing Beastman warband.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 14:46

CONGRATULATIONS on completing your first War Band....GREAT feeling ain't it! The Beasty Boys turned out VERY NICELY, as did their Heroic adversaries. GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 4:23

First of all, let me join DeafNala in congratulating you on your warband(s). I could see that a lot of love was poured in the painting of these well-chosen minis.

From what I could see, you're off to a pretty good start. Let me assure you that if you keep at it, the quality of your paintjob would only improve overtime. If I may offer some constructive comments, you may want to create some depth to your paints though by making shadows and highlights so that the details of the sculpts of these gorgeous minis would be better defined and accentuated.

Great job nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
DoctorMB
Youngblood
Youngblood
DoctorMB

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 9:40

Thanks for the praise all.

@Dreng Tromm
my crap camera somehow made it invisible, but I tried creating some depth in painting by using several washes. The barbarian for instance is much more shaded IRL than the pink blob he is on picture.
I try to avoid highlights, as I find them to make the models seem more unrealistic and more cartoonlike... At least the way they tried making me use them in the local GW, where they all seem to paint their minis in a miasma of sickening flashy colors. Ugh!

Either way: thanks for the advice, maybe I'll try highlighting again on the archers I'm working on now.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2012 - 12:57

Cameras are contrary creatures; i.e., the cheap ones lose the finer points of the paint jobs, & the expensive ones find all the faults. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012 - 9:01

" ...the cheap ones lose the finer points of the paint jobs, & the expensive ones find all the faults." - this description may very well describe most of my relationships! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers   beastmen - doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doctorMB's beastmen and adventurers
Page 1 of 1