Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Possessed Zombie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Yesterday
Champion
Champion
Captain Yesterday

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Possessed Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 23:24

Good Evening fellow Mordheimers,

in our game we had yesterdays an unusual situation occurred, we hadn't experienced before.
One of the Possessed (Hero, obviously) bit the dust in the post battle sequence, and thus got resurrected
by the Necromancer of my band of undead as per the Necromancy spell in question (don't know the name from memory since I don't have my book with me atm.).
So far, so good. The spell explicitly states that the hero-to-be-zombie does retain his stats but has no longer access to any of his (its) previously known skills.
What about mutations though, that were bought as part of the initial purchase of the Possessed ?
Are they gone as well, or does the new zombie gets to keep his Great Claw, Scorpion Tail, Blackblood, etc.

Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 23:28

My opinion would be yes he keeps the mutations. As they are not skills but a part of the character.

Just because he is dead, is his blood no longer Blackblood? or the Tail still not a part of his body that he knows how to use by instinct.

He would make one mean zombie! and a great chance to make a very cool mini!
Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 23:56

We house-ruled that mutations are allowed, even for Beastmen warbands where the mutation is a skill. Even though equipment was allowed, we never let the zombie parry, for example, or use Daemon Weapons from the Shadowlord (insisting the Shadowlord reclaimed them). Depending on the warbands you are up against, there are always some funny rules for zombie-heroes that need house rule votes. Most people tend to go with "be true to the idea of the zombie" rather than "rule of cool" or "by the letter of the rules".
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 10:22

I agree with the above. Mutations are part of the character and should be retained when risen as the undead. The same imho goes for tainted in the carnival and beastmen raiders. Also they are bought with gold much like weapons and armour Smile
But the most important thing: Cool superzombies are Cool! Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 19:12

Very Cool Zombie!

Mutations are not Skills, therefore they are retained. I would even go with retaining the Black Blood mutation, as well. It’s still part of the creature.
Back to top Go down
Captain Yesterday
Champion
Champion
Captain Yesterday

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012 - 9:11

Thank you everybody for your input.
Our group actually finally came to the same conclusion, allowing the zombie to retain the mutation instead of weapons and / or armour. The Possessed can't utilize either in any case and the mutations are part of / alterations of their physical frame and thus should be transfered unto undeath.

Well, happy me really, since this leaves me with some utterly freehand conversion work to do (which I love) and boosts my warband with a truely mean WS 5 / S 5 / T 5 / W3 scorpion-tailed zombie (the Possessed had quite a few stat increases by now). Another good line blocker / line of defense for the frail elements in the warband, the necromancer and the warlock.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possessed Zombie   possessed - Possessed Zombie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possessed Zombie
Page 1 of 1