Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Empty
PostSubject: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 19:53

greetings folks!
a lot of you have been following the PvE campaign that I posted a while ago, play testing it yourselves and providing feedback. Trust me when I say your contributions were VERY much appreciated and helped in refining the rules That much more. However, this was but a fraction of the campaign Ive been developing for my Mordheim group, merely an introduction into the main portion of it.
Now first, I must mention that all of this is the first time Ive written a campaign or anything of the sort, so not everything will be perfect. But anyone able to provide feedback or constructive criticism will forever have my thanks.

Attached with links are various documents and a brief explanation of how theyre to be used. The campaigns written for my group, so it does have our play styles / available terrain in mind, plus the added bonus of myself being present to interpret anything that made sense in my mind, but was poorly translated onto paper.

The Map,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc7obdyfvju0spz/MORDMAPSELECT.jpg
this is a map used to track player movements. each player will require two / three markers (unsure yet). One to track where they were, and one to track where they are. (and a third to track movements inbetween, as each turn you can move 2 tiles). This also shows home territories. We printed up a giant 22" wide copy of this and pinned it to a peg board. Its not meant to be pretty, its meant to be functional and easy to read, so we created a vector out of existing mordheim maps, chopped up the territories a bit more, and made it easier to read. Unfortunately. I dont have the master file at the momment, (i think it was lost!) so this will have to suffice.

Movement Cards
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1r9egmuh2tiq1r/MovementCards.pdf
Each turn, players will fill this out. indicating where they start, where they end, and the path they got. we printed out 8 of these, laminated them, and use dry-erase markers to do the movements. Its smart to have one person record all the movements onto a piece of paper on the side, in case stuff gets lost, pins fall out. etc.

Territories
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev1tnake5a06wfa/Part%202%20-%20Territories.pdf
This is a PDF of all the territories and the bonus' they confer. We also printed up a document which has all the bonuses, laminated, and attach them to the peg board under our name when we achieve it. remove it when we lose the territory. etc. So its easy to keep track of what effects are in play, and which arent.

The Rules
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pykx2ntcavxsar/Part%202%20-%20Rules.pdf
This is the core rules that govern how the campaign is to be run. pretty straight forward on what it is.

The Scenarios:
????????????
Link not yet available, but its an extensive scenario compilation, tweaked to fit the campaigns settings. Will be posted soon.

House Rules / Errata
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90k9dz57sb9eyb7/Campaign%20-%20Errata.pdf
All the house rules we use put in one document, some new for the campaign alone. some have been around for a while. Very little on here is REQUIRED for the campaign should some of you wish to try it out. Worth considering though.

Part 1 - PvE Campaign
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k9yere46rhoqnb/PvE_Campaign1.2.pdf
And finally, a revised version of the PvE rules from the other thread. Mostly turn lengths changed, but the 5th scenario was greatly changed.

Last edited by Zekk on Sat 15 Sep 2012 - 19:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 10:31

Awesome! I like the simplicity of the campaign layout really much!

One thing I thourght about, was; is it possible to destroy the "Home" territory? And is this a way to be removed from the campaign, if you have no more territories and the last Home territory is captured?

Can't wait to see the scenarioes!

I have some more questions now I've read most of it through.:

In the house rules pdf, under armor save vs. death, you note that there's a save from death form Armor AND dodge and step aside... how does this work? Is it two saves vs. death in the post battle injury rolles?

Serious injury modification:
Isn't there far too many ways to avoid death? Perhaps it's just my personal preference, but i like the risk every time I lose a heroes I'm practically biting nails in exitement of the outcome, and death sadly creates flavour in a campaign (ie. vengence, place bounties on excecutioners ect.).
I love the idea for beginners who has just created their warbands, and would be devastating to loose an hero.. Don't misunderstand me, I think it's great with the lower chance of death, in certain curcumstances, but I might think these rulings are TOO kind Smile

Simply LOVE the pre and post campaign turn shopping oppotunities, really realistic, and needed imo!

I also like that all warbands recieve exp every campaign turn, this prevents that certain warbands hunt weaker warbands for exp, and by this becomming more powerful.

I really like all of this campaign, it has really inspired me in the works of my own campaign - Thank you very much for sharing!

PS: I've just checked the part 1 - PvE Campaign PDF and the errors are back with the missing text.
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 12:45

How many players will be involved? How long do your campaigns usually last?
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 17:44

i swear to god... im gonna throw out my laptop if these damn text box issues in publisher dont stop! LOL thanks, ill find those things again and fix it.

to answer a few questions,

Home Territory can Not be destroyed. Expansion territories can.
a warband will always have a home.

Armor Save vs Death - Choose the best save, armor or step aside, and use that. only 1 roll. This is meant to keep it fair for the races that dont get to wear armor.

Serious Injuries - This has been a sore spot in my gaming group as a lot of them are poor losers. If they loose a hero, they simply quit playing. So, minimizing hero death is something I wanted to incorporate to keep people in the game. Not for all gaming groups, its not REQUIRED to be used for this campaign. adapt as necessary. however, things like madness, and old battle wound, I found those to be too detrimental and unbalanced. It should never be the case where a hero gets an injury and automatically gets fired / re hired. So the injuries that spark this behavior, i balanced them out so theyre still bad, just not earth shattering.

youre right on the XP between games. its to keep everyone in a similar range. Last thing you want is a warband rating 500, up against a warband rating 175, because the 175 was unlucky and barely got into any combat situations.

Von Kurst - this campaign is designed for 8 players. it can be played with less, as long as its an equal amount. But it can not accomodate more than 8.
our campaigns in the past often last 2 - 3 months, this one should be about the same. we play every Sunday / skipping the occasional day.

Back to top Go down
crazygandalf
Warrior
Warrior
crazygandalf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:45

Zekk wrote:

Part 1 - PvE Campaign
https://www.dropbox.com/s/twmuxg1jgmbzri3/PvE_Campaign.pdf
And finally, a revised version of the PvE rules from the other thread. Mostly turn lengths changed, but the 5th scenario was greatly changed.
Hey,
I don't see any changes in the rules posted here:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6611-pve-mordheim-campaign
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 16:35

yep, somehow the old version persisted. gona have to update that again when I get home.
unfortunately, that wont be till tomorrow evening. sorry guys, technical error on my side Sad
Back to top Go down
crazygandalf
Warrior
Warrior
crazygandalf

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 0:41

Zekk wrote:
yep, somehow the old version persisted. gona have to update that again when I get home.
You must have been a long way from home. Very Happy Still wating for your come back and updated rules. We almost finished all 5 scenarios. (3 guys did all).
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 1:15

ya, i got a bit side tracked... lol

our groups about half way through part 2, theres been a lot of updates and fixes , been having a hard time keeping up with that stuff.

will post it before this weekends over.
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeSat 15 Sep 2012 - 19:42

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k9yere46rhoqnb/PvE_Campaign1.2.pdf

Went through every scenario and text field to make sure no text was missing!!!!
I think it was a cache error last time that caused the update to not load properly for you folks.

Either way, OP was updated as well.

also, there have been significant changes in ALL of the documents listed above. So I would recommend downloading the links again, as the same link will download the new updated files.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct 2012 - 13:36

Hey .. cool stuff...

I wonder what you use to create the imagery PDF... I'm a noob to those things !
Back to top Go down
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran
Zekk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012 - 17:30

to create the documents, I used MS Publisher 2010, and some plugins that allowed me to save it as a PDF file.

I also used Adobe Acrobat X Pro to extract all the images from the Mordheim LRB on the GW site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo   Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign - Hunt of the Great White Buffalo
Page 1 of 1