Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

About Mutiny in Marienburg

Go down 
+12
Vagabond
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
Pyyr
RationalLemming
werekin
DicLombardi
Eliazar
Saranor
Joker2and53
Ezekiel
Goglutin
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:08

I'm uploading a digital warband roster sheet to my dropbox account.

A link will be provided on Liber Malefic this evening plus a explanation of why I decided to create a Fillable PDF version of the MiM campaign roster sheet.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014 - 8:10

Just a FYI for those who are interested about MiM. Werekin has been updating his blog on a few times without making any mention here. He has recently just published a draft of the 'Marketplace' article which I know that a lot of people have been waiting for. Head over to Liber Malefic to check it out and bookmark it if you haven't done so already. Wink

Unnecessary disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Liber Malefic and obtain no commission from any referrals! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 8:45

The Market Place rules are pretty exciting, especially the animals!
one thing I'm not too sure about is the purchasing of them?
do you always have to roll on the chart to get the one you want?
when it says choose one from the pricing chart, is that refering to the regular price chart ie; Hunting Dogs and riding horses and the like?
Quote :
Visiting the Animal Emporium reduces the difficulty
of finding an animal by adding a +1 modifier to all
dice rolls made by the Hero in subsequent visits.
The diminishing rarity of the animal being ordered
represents the effort made by the dealer to
complete the purchase. Eventually the dealer would
be expected to resource the animal.
When a Hero places an order on his first visit, either
choose one of the animals or ridden mounts listed
on the Pricing chart or roll 2D6 and consult the
Speciality Animals chart. Once the animal has been
chosen (or rolled for) the Hero has entered into an
agreement with the dealer. The agreement means
that the Hero must buy the animal he ordered when
it becomes available on a follow-up visit. If he does
not do this then no other Heroes from the same
warband may visit the Animal Emporium until the
order has been paid for.
A Hero may only place one order at a time with the
dealer. Speciality animals do not gain experience.
I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong but if you roll on the Speciality Animal Chart and get one you don't want, are you then committed to having to purchase the animal?
Also the birds seem pretty rare, you gotta roll a 6 on 2D6 to even get into the bird chart (not that thats a bad thing I love a challenge)
I'm sure when more parts of Marienburg are released it'll clear up my queries
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun 2014 - 9:59

Yes, it must be referring to the regular price chart. Obviously this is not yet available for MiM but it would likely be a superset of price charts found elsewhere.

I agree with the way that you are reading the rules about speciality animals and I'm sure that is not the intention. I would hope that the rules would be like this: after the role the Hero should be allowed to choose to enter into an agreement. If not chosen then the trip is wasted (or the Hero can choose to buy a standard animal).
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2014 - 0:27

Rolling a 6 for a Bird is pretty common, apart from a 7 it's the most likely result along with 8.

example visit:
1. Roll to see which speciality animal can be ordered.
2. Roll for rarity to see if animal is in stock now.
3. If result is a fail then no animal, but on a return visit the animal's rarity is reduced by 1 making it easier to find.
4. Alternatively if the animal is not what you were after then cancel the order and see what is available by rolling again on the chart when you next visit.

As much as anything this section was invented to create some cool modelling opportunities. Smile

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 1:49

Mordheim Timeline opened on Twitter, feeding all the latest Marienburg gossip directly to Liber Malefic.

@Mordheimer Twitter

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2014 - 19:42

Quick question regarding the Fimir warband; both the Draich and the Fimm(warriors) are Large creatures, but the Daemon-Fimm are not - is that an oversight, or are they intended to be smaller models based on Shearls as hosts rather than Fimm?

If they're meant to be Large I'm going to have to order up a second pack of FW Fimir :/
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 0:46

Using large models in a warband tends to be disadvantage in terms of missiles targeting and warband ratings. For this reason the Fimir Ambushers like the Ogre Maneaters were planned based on a mixture of sizes.

Fimir Warriors (henchmen) and Draich Sorcerers (leader) count as large models. The remainder of the warband are not treated as large models. Most of the caste from a fimir hold can easily be classified as such based on known lore. 25mm base models suitably represent Shearls, Young Nobles and Daemon-Fimm.

The term 'Fimm' is commonly associated with larger models based on the incorrectly sized scale of the lead releases that followed the Jes Goodwin prototype miniature. These models look lost on 40mm monster bases. Some even base up comfortably on 25mm bases! I have one such in my collection acting as a Shearl Hero (with TLGT).

After all amphibious creatures (like humans!) come in all shapes and sizes. More so when they turn to the Ruinous Powers for direction. The criteria for hosting a daemon is not something I can divulge tonight in much detail. I'm trying to work on a battle report for my blog! Suffice to say in life, size isn't everything... Other qualities a daemon may be seeking may include fortitude, resilience, discipline, loyalty and determination.

My eventual MiM campaign path for the one-eyed bog denizens does include need for a 4th large model.

Spoiler alert! The end game for this warband is re-establishing one of the lost strongholds in the Wasteland region surrounding Marienburg, from which to launch raids on outlying settlement or even an attack on the port-city itself! The rewards entail one your Young Nobles levelling up to become a Fimir Noble of some renown, a prize than involves the character growing in stature based on attracting the Gaze of the Gods. For this, a large model is required to engage in a suitable hobby project for the warband. Smile

Rather than ordering another pack of FW Fimir (from which heads & tails fit quite nicely on any  conversions based on smaller models - those resin heads are even smaller than the lead ones on ebay) you might like to consider checking out the 'Swamp People Warrior' from this new Kickstarter release....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/35352648/troll-outpost-fantasy-miniatures

Managed to grab a prerelease one from a collectors forum earlier this year before the sculptor's Kickstarter was announced. There are a variety of interesting models on here. Only one is an original design stylized as a Fimm warrior.

I will leave you with a snapshot of the WiP warband from our campaign. Best of luck reclaiming lost glory for your hold in attracting the attention of a suitable daemon to be hosted by your Lords of the Marsh!

marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Bob_pi10

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 4:52

Thanks for the response werekin, I'm relieved, I still have to figure out what to use as a base for the Daemon-Fimm & Young Nobles, and how to lay hands on FW Chaos Dwarfs without buying the whole Daemonsmiths and Bull Centaurs kit just to use one of each for a BtB warband, but at least that's on FW purchase avoided - I love you and cianty's work on Mordheim but you're costing me a ruddy fortune!(Fimir, Chaos Dwarfs, and Low Kings all grabbed my attention, and I've still not managed to completely dissuade myself from attempting Black Caps as well Razz )

I'd seen that KS on Dakka but I didn't spot the "swamp people warrior", nice tip.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Nov 2014 - 20:04

Better late than never. Here is a round up of our last battle day set on the foothills of Erlach outside Marienburg, in the shadow of the Pale Sisters mountain range.

A trip to the Wasteland with battle report, starring Werekin, João and friends.

http://libermalefic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/fools-gold.html
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Nov 2014 - 0:21

Wow. What a big day. It sounds like you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2014 - 22:29

Another wee query; the upcoming Conan KS looks like it might have some really nice models for use as Strigany/River Gypsies, so I was messing about with their list and noticed a potential issue:

The Domnu's "Prize Fighter" rule grants him an extra attack when fighting unarmed(3 total), but the "Bear Hug" rule states "If the Domnu hits the same enemy warrior with both of his unarmed attacks in the same round of combat..."(emphasis added) - when I get around to playtesting my warband, should we play a Bear Hug as requiring you to hit with two attacks, or with all attacks?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 15:12

Does the mutant priest of StromFels start with a chaos spell or a prayer to Stromfel (Manann) or with both?
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2015 - 21:52

I don't know if Werekin is around much but I suggest asking these questions in the rules section.
Back to top Go down
REminenz
Champion
Champion
REminenz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 13:01

Is there a place where I can find all the stuff that was published for mutiny in marienburg so far? I read a lot of the articles on libermalefic and downloaded all of the direct links in this thread but I am not sure if I found everything.

And what do we need to play a campaign in marienburg? Do you use any house rules for the base game? The skill "bulwark" gives an additional +1AS, so am I right in assuming you play with +1 for shields in close combat for example?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 21:38

The Libre Malefic web site contains everything published so far. The only article that might be missing from memory (haven't checked) is the Corrupted Characters article which was released on the Border Town Burning website as a preview article for MiM. (I did notice werekin's Dropbox (linked to on the harpy warband thread in the rule section) had one additional small article containing three more hired swords.

You don't need any house rule to play MiM. The authors have deliberately tried to keep the rules aligned and compatible with the standard Mordheim rules. The Border Town Burning release did contain three(?) suggested house rules (one for shields) so MiM may be the same but they haven't been published and are not necessary to play.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2015 - 2:59

How is MiM coming? Is it close to completion??
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2015 - 0:57

I've been running various updates on Liber Malefic. Files have been added and updated. Last week we had my annual battle day in Bournemouth. Expect a report on that 10 player campaign weekend bash.

This weekend I am taking a piece of Marienburg on tour to Oldhammer weekend in Nottingham for the Foundry Games hosted annual event "Bring Out Your Lead III" so come along to that if you aren't busy between Friday 31st July - Sunday 2nd August. Entry is free!
https://www.facebook.com/events/533242106806631/

If you would like keep up-to-date with changes then follow the campaign on Twitter @Mordheimer.
https://twitter.com/mordheimer

I have added another special scenario draft to my Dropbox tonight - All Hands On Deck!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9489887/Scenario%2015%20-%20All%20Hands%20on%20Deck%21.pdf

Regards,

Werekin

p.s. Bear Hug attack for the Strigany Domnu requires successful hit rolls to be made on both of the leader's base attacks. Essentially it's the same as a Trained Bear from the Kislev warband. Attacking with the Prize-fighter skill is a separate option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Mutiny in Marienburg   marienburg - About Mutiny in Marienburg - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Mutiny in Marienburg
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3