Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

ostlanders - Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche Empty
PostSubject: Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche   ostlanders - Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 9:14

Hello, I am currently playing Ostlanders in a Mordheim Campaign and I have encountered a small problem. Firstly, I have come across an issue, in my White Dwarf and the internet PDF it says the Ostlanders have the Nouveau Riche special rule, however, in the Annual, it says they don't have that rule.

I didn't buy an Ogre at the start of the campaign and now with the special rule I find it impossible to save up for it (I'm trying an elaborate scheme to buy lots of heavy armour and then sell it off just before I buy my ogre to make up up the gc). I feel that without the special rule I can actually get an ogre, but in doing so I'll lose some of the Ostlander's character.

What one should I use, which one it the latest, and it that the only difference between the annual and the White Dwarf Rules.

scratch
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche   ostlanders - Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 10:36

The Nouveau Riche special rule was removed from the official warband for the very reason you discovered: it is impossible to save. The annual rules are the latest and official so definitely use them.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche   ostlanders - Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012 - 15:33

+1 The Annual is the official Ostland warband. Playing with the original rules just frustrates people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche   ostlanders - Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ostlanders and Nouveau Riche
Page 1 of 1