Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Revenants/Skeletons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

Trading Reputation : 0

Revenants/Skeletons Empty
PostSubject: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 8:09

Hey all, new member to the forums here. Smile

Just after some help with a warband i have been working on.
I am aware that they are not balanced currently, and am looking for a little help in tweaking the list.

Am considering changing one of the spells to summon the Dogs (same as the Skaven spell with the D3 Rats).
Also considering changing the No Flesh rule, just not sure which rules to apply to be fair and realistic.

Also, any ideas for unique equipment/weapons/skills are appreciated. Smile

EDIT:
New update http://www.scribd.com/doc/99692573/Revenants-3
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2012 - 21:24

I have a question.

Can this Warband be Knocked Down and Stunned as other Warbands or are they immune the Stun?
Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 0:44

Separating the No Flesh save from armour makes armour moot imo, and shouldn't even be offered, however I think they should be able to wield shields/helmets so I'd change that aspect to:

Skelli's have a 6+ save against all missile, blade, piercing attacks, modified only by shields to 5+ (only the shield can be modified by strength or armour modifiers).

A standard 5+ unmodified save is pretty strong (33% ignore? its not like 1/3 of all attacks are hitting air).
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 2:14

Changed the rule to a -1 on the damage chart instead. Smile

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99753472/Revenants
Back to top Go down
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 3:11

Shadowphx wrote:
I have a question.

Can this Warband be Knocked Down and Stunned as other Warbands or are they immune the Stun?

Can be knocked down and stunned as normal i guess.

I am still not sure about the whole No Flesh thing, trying to work something out that makes sence and is balanced for their cost.
Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 5:20

Maybe break it into 2 traits, giving them No Pain from undead and then adding No Flesh as a +1 special save that stacks with Step Aside (except against bludge/big weapons) and Dodge
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 9:29

How is this...

Warband Special Rules

Cause Fear: Revenants and Skeletons are terrifying creatures and therefore cause fear.

Immune to Psychology: Revenants and Skeletons are not affected by psychology (such as fear) and never leave combat.

Immune to Poison: Revenants and Skeletons are not affected by any poison.

No Pain: Revenants and Skeletons treat a ‘stunned’ result on the Injury chart as ‘knocked down’.

No flesh: Revenants and Skeletons have no flesh, and as a result a weapon or projectile can easily glance off or between bones. Revenants and Skeletons receive a 6+ save to represent the chance of an unsuccessful hit. This save can never be modified, and may NOT be used in addition to any other saves. A model with a Step Aside or Dodge save will suceed on a 4+ rather than a 5+ (rather than taking the 6+ save as described above), but only if the model is NOT wearing armour.
In addition, any critical wounds will count as a normal wound, as there is no 'critical' locations such as eyes or organs to strike.
The No Flesh rule has no effect against bludgeoning or unarmed combat.

King of the bones: If the Revenant King dies or retires, the Revenant with the highest Leadership will become the Leader (if its a tie, choose the one with the most experience, or roll a die). Change the characters type to Revenant King, and he gains the Leader special rule.
Back to top Go down
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012 - 17:45

for the no flesh rule I would say that they get an unmodifiable 6+ save against wounds (not sure if it should be stackable with dodge etc. even though it makes sense as that is a little too good) as long as they are not wearing armour (maybe except shields as @brokenv suggested)

or if you want to get across the fact that it's hard to hit them because they are mostly bone how about just a strait -1 to hit with all non bludgeoning or unarmed attacks (maybe hit normally by magic and templates as well?)

and also I would say immunity to crits is faaaaaar too good (plus you can still knock their heads off can't you?)
Back to top Go down
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012 - 2:55

Yeah, the -1 to hit could work.
I'll change the No Flesh rule so that all it is is just a -1 to hit (except for bludgeoning/missile weapons).
Do you think that the points costs of the models are reasonable?
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012 - 7:42

My suggestion is to be careful and mindful of the bonuses applied. It’s common to place a lot of bonuses and forget penalties. Also consider what would seem fair if you were to play up against them. Try to make as many normal rules apply as possible as every other Warband.

Here are some suggestions I have for you: (For penalties, make it hurt some to get new members)

(Fluff to explain Warband) Soul Infused to bone. The Necromancer has the ability to fuse the wandering soul of a fallen warrior to the bones of a dead warrior. New Warband members are not hired but made from corpses found lying around. The necromancer requires 1 shard and gold worth for spell components to get new Band members. Meaning, new warrior needs a Shard to hold the soul to the bone and a gold cost to hire new warriors. This also means the Band requires a Necromancer to make new Warband Members.

Example:
A Skeleton Swordsman= 1 Shard + 40gc
Sword=10gc
Free Dagger=there’s usually one laying around, probably sticking out of his dead body.
Helmet=10gc
Shield=5gc

Total cost: 65 gold + 1Shard (that’s a penalty that can hurt)

Also, since the Soul and mind is real, he can learn new skills and He’s not immune to physiology. He causes fear, because it’s scary to see skeletons walking and fighting. He’s not immune to fear, his mind is real and scary stuff is still scary. (They’re not afraid of their own kind, for the same reason why Mutants are not afraid of Possessed in their own Band) (This one is a bonus and a penalty)

Armor maybe need depending on play style. Not so much to protect skin but to protect bone from smashed.

Knock down and Stun work as normal. Anyone can be knocked down. Stun, not so much dazed from a head blow, but more as bone(s) have been knocked lose or out of place and need to be readjusted before being able to get up. (This way normal KD and Stun rules apply)

(Bonus) Immune to poisons and drugs. Being he has no flesh and tissue, these affects wouldn’t work.

I would drop the “No Flesh” rule, with the armor save. Just for normal game play for getting hit. Explain it as dried bone is pretty fragile and without tissue and mussel to hold it all in place, it’s easier to be damaged or knocked loose from weapons.

I hope this gives you ideas. Just some quick thoughts
Back to top Go down
joebloggs1987
Youngblood
Youngblood
joebloggs1987

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012 - 4:09

Tried the -1 modifier to hit..... FAR too powerful.
Ended up just going with the 6+ save instead.

Considering making all the models less powerful, and dropping the costs down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revenants/Skeletons   Revenants/Skeletons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revenants/Skeletons
Page 1 of 1