HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NA2KGT
Youngblood
Youngblood

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors   Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 8:07

Hello all!

Two days ago marked the start of a new campaign between my cousin and myself. I play Beastmen and he rolls with Shadow Warriors (grumble). We have 2-3 other interested in joining late but schedules are all over the place so we're just going day to day with whoever can attend.

First match was as I said Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors. We rolled a skirmish, great, no objectives for him to come out of hiding. Wasn't too bad for me though, he set up in an archer line covering 2 streeets, I set up a flanking position with my hounds and centigor, with my minotaur and heroes wading up the middle using cover as they went.

First turn, uneventful.

Second turn. I unwittingly left one of my bestigors staring out a window with his face for all to see! he promplty hit, crit, OOA'd him. I hid everyone else in various alleys and OOS.

Third turn. I was first so I just ran everyone out in the open and made sure my big meanie (Minotaur) was spearheading. As I have no shooting my turn ended, but everyone, save my bestigor and chief were in charge range for next turn.

Instead of running, like his wimpy elves should have, He stood and fired. And misses EVERY SHOT! bahahahaha.

Fourth turn, you guessed it, hounds, centigor and minotaur got into the thick of it, killed 4 elves, and he routed during his turn. So overall, (I know it's only the first game and anything could happen) I am pleased with the martial prowess of my beastmen. I know the game wqould have gone differently with a little less terrain and later on he'll have all the fun shooting and hiding skills.

Alas we had fun, he's a poor loser sometimes but he gets over it quickly. And we;re just waiting on our friends to join now probably sometime this week hopefully. Dwarfs and Sisters or Skaven...hopefully a little more of a challenge for me in CC Wink

_Hank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors   Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:25

Oh Noooos elfs! Hide! If you kill them too much you will destroy their hard won stereotype. clown

Thanks for the report. I hope to see more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors   Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:47

Beastmen are a pretty good counter to many of the Elves' advantages (better toughness, numbers). Hopefully you guys will get a good ol' fashioned rivalry between your Leaders! Looking forward to how your battles turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thetonezone.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors   Today at 16:26

Back to top Go down

Campaign start, Beastmen vs. Shadow Warriors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1