Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Redrock's first Chill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Warshades
Captain
Captain
Warshades

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Redrock's first Chill Empty
PostSubject: Redrock's first Chill   Redrock's first Chill Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012 - 9:27

It was dreary and wet in the morning but as the day progressed past midday the sun came
out and turned away the early morning chill. It was quiet, it never was this quiet in
Mordheim. No signs of other huntingbands or worse. Last weeks excavations opened up some
promising catacombs right under what we believed to be the old Mordheims Guardings and
Investments bank.

Alas there were no stores of gold or other valuables but all the work was not in vain for
we found a nice cluster of Wyrdstone deposits just inside the catacombs hidden by loose
and light rubble, easily excavated. Wealth and honour to our clan!

As we were appraising the quality and quantity of the Wyrdstone one of the sentries came in.
A young but talented Engineer by the name of Eggeldor Blackfinger. "We have spotted
movement my Thane! It seems to be a large band of humans and some type of warhounds, we
can't make out their colors yet."

"By Grimnir we may warm our edged blades by the blood of our rivals yet today!"

~~ A segment of a Mordheim Treasure Hunter Recount by the Noble Thane Effison Redrock ~~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario: Defend the Find
Warbands: Dwarf Treasure Hunters (BR:81) VS Witch Hunters (BR:119)

A bit of fluff to my first game which I thought might be nice to share and a general impression of my first ever game. maybe in the future I can do more detailed battlereps but it wasn't on my mind just yet for the first time.

So, I setup the dwarfs defensively according to the scenario. Which didn't turn out to be as much of a advantage as I thought since shooting is still limited at their basic skills.
The WH moving up slowly and hiding so aside from bad odds (hitting on 6's) my targets were very limited too. Was able to pick of one wardog. (Oh may I add that those things are ridiculous! WS4 STR4 with move 6 for 15 gold is utterly ridiculous). But in the end I was totally swarmed in one massive surge. And those dogs on the charge are lethal, and a downed hero or henchman does not attack back so the Redrock's were overwhelmed. Still a very enjoyable first experience and they redeemed themselves handsomely in the 2nd game thumbsup

Last edited by Warshades on Wed 30 May 2012 - 10:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Redrock's first Chill   Redrock's first Chill Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012 - 10:04

Very nice atmosphere! Keep 'em coming Smile (No pressure of course, im really bad at keeping reports updated Wink )
But I really think you capture the feel of Mordheim and gives a good impression of your warband Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Redrock's first Chill   Redrock's first Chill Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012 - 18:43

Welcome to the forums! Excellent report of your first game, I look forward to more as well. (Moderate pressure.) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redrock's first Chill   Redrock's first Chill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redrock's first Chill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Battle Reports and Fluff-
Jump to: