Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)

Go down 
+2
RobinTrevize
Edyy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Empty
PostSubject: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012 - 7:07

After seeing RobinTrevize's demonic warband it got me thinking about why and the demons would end up forming a warband and not just a huge army. So I've latched onto the idea of a few being forced through into mordheim in a severely weakened state by all the wyrdstone and the comet. They then have to take human hosts to grow before they can take on their full demonic nature. So it's sort of a cross between Demons, the Possessed and xenomorphs. Actually it's probably less xenomorph and more las plagas from resident evil 4 as it's possession as well.

Demonic Host warband

When the comet struck the boundaries between this world and the realm of chaos were stretched and strained so much that small fractures formed all over Mordheim forcing the pure essence of demons through into the cursed city. These demons despite being immensely powerful could not sustain their corporeal form so took Hosts and waited feeding off the tainted energy of the wyrdstone. After a few months, as bands of mercenaries from across the empire and even further afield had started to arrive in Mordheim seeking their fortunes, the demons began to emerge from their human pupa as twisted monstrosities of chaos.

The strongest began to rally the others around them to form small bands to gather more wyrdstone to bring more of their kin into this realm. For, while the walls between the realms had begun to reknit, with forbidden magics and the power of the wyrdstone the fractures in the barrier between the realms could be reopened briefly to bring forth yet more creatures of chaos. Like the first wave these second and successive waves could not maintain their form without the use of a human host to allow them to feast on the abundance of chaotic energy from the wyrdstone until they to could emerge in their true form.

Because of the exceptional circumstances that allowed these demons through to this world they were pure demons and not constrained by the human form as the possessed who came before were. While this allowed them to eventually rise to their full potential as the children of chaos their very presence in this world was controlled by the fickle winds of magic meaning they could easily lose their grip on this mortal world and be banished back to the realm of chaos forever.

Choice of warriors:

A Demonic Host warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500gc available to spend.
The maximum number of warriors in the warband may never exceed 12

Herald: your warband must include 1 Herald, no more no less!
Lesser Demon: Your warband may include up to a single Lesser Demon
Half-Formed: Your warband may include up to 2 Half-Formeds
Host: Your warband may include any number of Hosts
Demonic Hound: Your warband may include up to 2 Demonic hounds
Fury: Your warband may include up to 3 Furies

Special Rules

Summoning:
Demons are obviously not hired in the traditional sense so the gc cost for hiring represents the cost of the resources required to perform the magics that let them cross over to the mortal world.

Demonic: Demons are not of this world and so gain some special abilities that mere mortals do not possess but these do come at a price. Unless otherwise stated all members of the Demonic Host warband follow the rules for Demonic as outlined below.
  • Immune to Poison and Drugs: All Demons are Immune to the effects of all poisons and drugs

• Immune to Psychology: They instantly pass any LD based test they are required to take due to the effects of psychology (not rout tests).

• No Pain: Demons do not feel pain as humans do and for some it is closer to the human feeling of pleasure. Demons cannot be stunned and are instead treated as knocked down as if they had made a successful helmet save.

• Cause Fear: Demons are Horrifying creatures to behold and so cause fear

• Demonic Instability: Demons are only bound to this world by the fickle power of the winds of magic and can disappear if they lose their grip on them. If a Demonic Host warband fails a rout test then every model with the Demonic special rule must pass a LD test or be instantly taken OoA.

• Demonic Aura: Due to demons magical nature they gain a degree of protection from physical harm. All Demonic creatures have a 6+ armour save against all non magical attacks that cannot be combined with other armour or modified by strength (but will be negated if no saves are allowed).

• Demon Weapons: Demonic creatures may never use any weapons or armour that are not listed in the Demonic Gifts list.

True Children of Chaos: Demons are the true children of chaos and so are not willing to interact with the lesser servants of chaos despite answering to the same masters. A Demonic Host warband will not hire any hired sword or dramatis persona that is not of a demonic nature.

Children of the Gods: Most demons are associated with one of the four chaos gods while some are agents of them all. Upon creation A Demonic host warband must decide which of the gods they wish to serve and this will give them certain special rules.
  • Khorne: The Herald and Lesser Demon gain an additional Attack but may only use Axes (double or single handed) and Halberds.

• Nurgle: The Herald gains an extra wound and the Lesser Demon is at +1 Toughness but may only use blunt weapons such as hammers (double or single handed), flails or morning stars.

• Tzeench: The Herald becomes a spell caster and gains access to the chaos rituals while the Lesser Demon gains +4BS and can spit magical flames that work like a normal shooting weapon with range 10” and S3 but suffers no penalty for moving and shooting.

• Slaanesh: The Herald and Lesser Demon gain +1 Movement (over their racial maximum) and a special rule called Pain is Pleasure.
    • Pain is Pleasure: Every time that the demon takes a wound (after saves) in close combat it may instantly make a single attack against the model that caused the wound (even if it was taken OoA by the wound).

• Undivided: *(not quite sure what do for this one)*

Starting Experience:
A Herald starts with 20 experience
A Lesser Demon starts with 12 experience
A Half-Formed starts with 0 experience
Henchmen start with 0 experience

Demonic Host skill tables:
Herald may choose from the Combat, Strength, Speed or Special skill lists.
Lesser Demon may choose from the Combat, Strength, Speed or Special lists.
Half-Formed may choose from the Strength or Speed lists.

Maximum characteristics
Demon

M..WS...BS....S...T...W...I...A..LD
5.....8...0/6*..6...6...4...7...4...10
* = Tzeench

Half-Formeds and Hosts: use Human maximums

Demonic Gifts

HtH WEAPONS

Axe (5gc)+
Sword (10gc)
Spear (10gc)*
Halberd (10gc)+
Morning star (15gc)%
Flail (15gc)%
Double Handed weapon (15gc)+%
Rapier (15gc)*

MISSILE WEAPONS
None

ARMOUR
Shield (5gc)*
Light Armour (20gc)
Heavy Armour (50gc)+ %

+ = Khorne only
% = Nurgle only
* = Slaanesh only

Mortals

HtH WEAPONS

Dagger (1st free/2gc)
Axe (5gc)
Spear (10gc)
Double Handed Weapon (15gc)*

MISSILE WEAPONS
Bow (10gc)

ARMOUR
Shield (5gc)
Helmet (10gc)
Light Armour (20gc)

* = Half-Formed only

Heroes

Herald

95gc
M..WS..BS..S...T...W...I...A..LD
Weapons /Armour: May choose weapons and armour from the Demonic Gifts list

Special rules

Leader:
Any models in the warband within 6” of the Herald may use his Leadership instead of their own (not for Demonic Instability).

Demonic: As detailed in the warband special rules.

Lesser Demon
0-1
50gc
Weapons/Armour: May choose weapons and armour from the Demonic Gifts list

Special rules

Demonic:
As detailed in the warband special rules.

Time to Grow: Lesser Demons need time to grow in their host body before they can manifest themselves in corporal form and so none can be hired after warband creation meaning that you have to promote Hosts to get more lesser Demons.

Half-Formed
Sometimes a demon attempts to leave their human host before they are strong enough to hold their form and end up trapped as mortal half demon half human mutants. The outward appearance of these mutants is not that unusual so these unfortunate beasts shuffle around in long black cloaks amongst the humans purchasing supplies for the Heralds to summon forth their demonic army with.
0-2
30gc
Weapons/Armour: May choose weapons and armour from the Mortals list

Special rules

Mortal:
Half-Formeds are mostly mortal and so do not benefit from the Demonic special rule.

Part Demon: The part transformation to a demon has left the Half-Formed with some of the Demons Power. Upon recruitment but before equipment is bought roll a D6 to see how the transformation has affected the Half-Formed.

1. The Half-Formed has gained some of the magical protection that demons possess. The Half-Formed now has the Demonic Aura special rule.

2. The Half-Formed is blessed with some of the resilience of the demons. The Half-Formed has the No Pain special rule.

3. The Half-Formed has patches of demonic flesh littering their body and is something truly horrific to behold. The Half-Formed causes fear.

4. The half-Formed has some of the demons strength imbued into it. The Half-Formed now has the Mighty Blow skill from the strength skills list.

5. The Half-Formed has one demonic arm that gives it incredible strength. The Half-Formed has the Strongman Special rule.

6. The Half-Formed possesses all of the traits of their patron god. The Half-Formed gains the bonus that Lesser Demons get for following their god.

Henchmen

Host
The hatred and pain of battle helps the demons mature inside their humanoid cocoons so they regularly enter into the numerous fights on the streets of Mordheim.
0+
20gc

Special Rules:

Mortal:
While the demons are in their human hosts they are mortal and so do not benefit from the Demonic special rule.

Ascension: Hosts are just a shell for the demons to mature inside until they are strong enough to hold their form in this realm. When a Host gets a LGT roll a piece of wyrdstone must be spent to replace it with a newly recruited Lesser Demon hero (the Host's equipment goes to the warband's stash). This can mean that there is more than 1 Lesser Demon in the warband but there may never be more than 4 Demonic Heroes in the warband (including the Herald). If the Host cannot ascend because there are not enough hero slots left or you do not have enough wyrdstone then the host is just killed due to the uncontrolled transformation ripping both demon and host apart.

Demonic Hound
The Demonic Hounds of chaos have a much smaller essence than the lesser demons and so can be brought through from the realm of chaos whole needing only a small sacrifice to help them take form.
0-2
30gc
Weapons/Armour: Fights with claws and teeth

Special Rules

Demonic:

Simple Demons: Demonic Hounds are simple demons that do not learn from their mistakes as such they do not gain experience.

Fury
Like the Demonic Hounds the relative ease with which Furies can be brought into the realm of men makes them abundant in the cursed city
0-3
25gc

Special Rules

Demonic:

Simple Demons: Furies are simple demons that do not learn from their mistakes as such they do not gain experience.

Fly: Furies may make a flight move or charge of up to 12” instead of normal movement that ignores elevation and obstacles but they cannot end their move on any impassable terrain.

Razor Claws: On the turn that a Fury charges it may make an additional attack.

Special Skills

Gift of the gods:
Depending on their god the hero receives a different gift.
  • Collar of Khorne: The Collar grants a 4+ save against the effects of all magic targeted against them.

• Nurgle’s Pustules: The pustules that litter the demons body are filled with thousands of tiny insects that swarm around the demon when it is attacked causing all enemies to be at -1 to hit in close combat.

• Tzeenches robes: The robes grant visions of the future allowing the wearer D2 rerolls per game provided they are not wearing any armour.

• Slaanesh’s Armlets: The armlets are covered in thousands of tiny razor sharp barbs that inflict huge amounts of pain to the wearer and increases the strength of all attacks from Pain is Pleasure by 1.

Demonic Vigour: The armour save provided by any suit of armour worn by this demon is increased by 1.

Eternal Hatred: The demon is so fixated on the destruction of all life that they hate all enemies.

Weapon of the Gods: The demons weapons gain a different blessing depending on their god that they serve.
  • Khorne: The demon’s weapons are wickedly sharp and so all attacks are at +1 to injure.

• Nurgle: The demon’s weapons secrete a sticky and noxious fluid that means that all weapons count as being coated in Black locust.

• Tzeench: The demon’s weapons hum with magical energy which means that all attacks in close combat will cause criticals on a 5-6 not just a 6.

• Slaanesh: The demon and their weapons flicker and shift in and out of this realm meaning that their charges cannot be intercepted.

Rooted to this World: (leader only) Any demon within 12” of the leader (including the leader) when the warband routs may reroll their Demonic instability test if they fail it (although you may only reroll once).

Last edited by Edyy on Thu 24 May 2012 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RobinTrevize
Captain
Captain
RobinTrevize

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012 - 11:42

Whoops, :S

Posted on the other thread before I saw this.

I like it.
Not got a lot of time today but I'll do a thorough readthrough later on.

With the undivided daemons special rules, Perhaps it reduces recruitment costs by 5gc (To represent that they are true followers of chaos in all its forms)

Or that they can sniff out more wyrdstone after games so they start with the Wurdstone hunter skill (Or similar)
Back to top Go down
http://www.asmyr.co.uk (Under construction)
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Mar 2014 - 2:32

So this is a bit of threadomancy, but since it was linked to in a current thread, i don't see the harm.

I like this list a lot. Lots of thought was obviously put into it. A few things:

I think the costs for the herald and lesser daemon would be alright IF they didn't also start with the god specific special rules. I think they need a cost bump for those. They're almost a vampire, with better leadership and WS, and a 6+ save, (-1 wound and -1 attack), for 15gc less. A lesser daemon has better stats than a mercenary captain, for 10gc less.

Actually, the half-formed and the fury probably need price hikes too. The special rules they can get would put them up to 35gc in my estimation. The fury would also be more comfortable in that range. That much range, ignoring having to climb or anything like that is a big plus.

Some balancing i think would be needed with some of the skills (would the khorne weapon stack with strike to injure? etc etc), but like i said, I really like it.

Back to top Go down
Powerposey
Captain
Captain
Powerposey

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Mar 2014 - 3:12

I like the list as well. I like how if a warband routs then the daemons take OoA test. I think this mechanic will reward those war ands that try and win the scenario and really punishes those bands that hide their heroes in the back.

It needs some work but very interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://powerposey.blogspot.com/
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Mar 2014 - 18:36

some serious thredomancy there but thanks Smile

For the initial template of this warband i was going for an uber race hero setup like dwarfs (and how elves and orcs should be) where your heroes have really solid stats but you only start with 4.  But I also wanted to have a hero henchman balance like undead where most are good but don't grow.   I also justified the higher stats (especially LD) and lower costs because if you route then you are likely to lose any heralds you have and you can only get them through promotion (so the 50gc for the lesser demon is only an issue at the start of the campaign).  
I would also add that comparing to a merc captain is a little unfair for most warbands because the mercs swap raw stat power for sheer variety of equipment and skill choices whereas the demons are very limited in this respect and crucially have almost no access to shooting like the possessed warband.

I do think the best place to make changes is the furies and hounds.  Maybe bring the hounds more inline with the undead dire wolves by upping cost to 50gc because they have 2 less movement,  don't get 2 attacks on the charge and can die iff you lose a game but can run, get +1ws and demonic save.

As for the furries I have always found it difficult to balance flight in mordheim because it just bring so much to the table.  So should I just scrap it and say that they can only be summoned into small birds like ravens and crows here leading to their wings never developing properly?  It could give them M6 or M5 and some sort of bonus when charging to represent their half running half gliding, something like re-rolling misses. Or maybe allow them to climb and give them a bonus to diving charges like increase the radius to 5" (or full movement?) and a +1I or re-roll of I?

I think on the hero front I will decrease their LD by 1 but maybe let them use the heralds for instability if they would otherwise be able to at that moment in time.  Also I will reduce the half formed WS by 1 to make them a slightly demonic host which is more in line with their cost.

I have also had an idea for an undivided mark: maybe some kind of bonus to demonic instability like a +1LD for the test or maybe complete immunity for the heros if there are 2 or 3 other demons within 6".
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014 - 3:43

Quote :
(and how elves and orcs should be)

Er, there's an Orc warband with more than 4 heroes? For reals? Not an official one though.
Back to top Go down
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014 - 18:49

I thought they did oops Razz
Back to top Go down
Theycallmejosh
Captain
Captain
Theycallmejosh

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014 - 19:57

As I recently started up a Daemons warband thread, I, too, have been thinking about this. There is a fair bit that I like in the one posted in this tread and below are modifications.... This is my first attempt at making a warband, so criticism is appreciated.... I understand that in some ways they are very powerful, but i feel that this is balanced out by some very big hinderances.... let me know what you think

Daemons of Chaos

Choice of warriors:

A Daemons of Chaos warband must include a minimum of three models. You have 500gc available to spend. The maximum number of warriors in the warband may never exceed 12

Herald: your warband must include 1 Herald, no more no less!
Lesser Daemon: Your warband may include up to 3 Lesser Demon
Half-Formed: Your warband may include up to 2 Half-Formeds
Host: Your warband may include any number of Hosts
Hounds of Chaos: Your warband may include up to 2 Demonic hounds
Fury: Your warband may include up to 3 Furies

Special Rules

Summoning: Daemons are obviously not hired in the traditional sense so the gc cost for hiring represents the cost of the resources required to perform the magics that let them cross over to the mortal world.

Daemonic: Daemons are not of this world and so gain some special abilities that mere mortals do not possess but these do come at a price. Unless otherwise stated all members of the Daemons of Chaos warband follow the rules for Daemonic as outlined below.
• Immune to Poison and Drugs: All Daemons are Immune to the effects of all poisons, drugs, potions, and herbs.
• Immune to Psychology: They instantly pass any LD based test they are required to take due to the effects of psychology (except rout tests).
• No Pain: Daemons do not feel pain as humans do and for some it is closer to the human feeling of pleasure. Daemons cannot be stunned and are instead treated as knocked down as if they had made a successful helmet save.
• Cause Fear: Daemons are Horrifying creatures to behold and so cause fear
• Daemonic Instability: Daemons are relentless creatures that live for killing. They would sooner die than flee from battle. However, demons are only bound to this world by the fickle power of the winds of magic and can be recalled by the Gods to the chaos realm if the are being seen as weak. If a Daemons of Chaos warband fails a rout test, the entire warband is not removed from battle. Instead, every model with the Demonic special rule must pass a LD test on their own unmodified LD at the beginning of each of their turns or be removed from the battle. They are considered OoA, however, they don’t have to roll on the Serious Injuries chart, as when the battle is over, they can regain their physical form. Models removed this way lose their chance at exploration as they are too busy manifesting themselves again. A Daemons of Chaos warband cannot voluntarily rout.
• Daemon Weapons: All daemons and their weapons originate from the Chaos Realm, therefore all daemonic attacks are considered magical. All equipment is gained as rewards from (or begging to) the Gods. The rarity roll represents whether or not the Gods smile upon them and grant their request.

True Children of Chaos: Daemons are the true children of chaos and so are not willing to interact with the lesser servants of chaos despite answering to the same masters. A Daemons of Chaos warband will not hire any hired sword or dramatis persona that is not of a daemonic nature.

Children of the Gods: Most daemons are associated with one of the four chaos gods while some are agents of them all. Upon creation A Daemons of Chaos warband must decide which of the gods they wish to serve and this will give them certain bonuses and special rules.
• Khorne: +1S, +1WS,  5+ Scaly skin armour save
• Nurgle: -1M, +1T, +1W, -2I, 4+ Regeneration Save, Poisoned attacks (6’s to hit auto-wound)
• Tzeench: -1M, -1WS, -1S, +4BS, gain Wizard ability*** (Lore TBD),  18” S4 Ranged Flaming attack
• Slaanesh: +1M, +2I, +1A, Cannot use hand weapons, shields, buckler, etc., Always strike first, Armour Piercing

***Tzneetch magic is very powerful, however, one wrong step and the spell may have dire consequences. A wizard wishing to cast a spell may do nothing besides move (It may not run). If in close combat, it may not attack, as it attempts to cast the spell. The casting attempt will take the place of the attack, following rules for order of attack.

Starting Experience:
A Herald starts with 20 experience
A Lesser Demon starts with 12 experience
A Half-Formed starts with 0 experience
Henchmen start with 0 experience

Demonic Host skill tables:

As each race of daemons has its own prowesses and faults, the skills table is different for each race.
• Khorne: Combat, Strength, Special
• Nurgle: Combat, Strength, Special
• Tzeench: Academic, Speed, Special
• Slaanesh: Combat, Speed, Special

Maximum characteristics
Daemon
M…..WS...BS........S…...T...W…...I…..A....LD
5/6`.....8.....0/6*….6/7#...6...3/4%...7...4/5`...10
* = Tzeench
` = Slaaanesh
% = Nurgle
# = Khorne

Half-Formeds and Hosts: use Human maximums

DAEMONIC GIFTS

HAND-TO-HAND WEAPONS

Dagger
Mace
Axe
Sword
Spear
Mourning Star
Flail
Double-Handed Weapon

MISSILE WEAPONS

None

ARMOUR

Light Armour
Heavy Armour %

% Heralds only

Mortal Equipment

HAND-TO-HAND WEAPONS

Dagger
Axe
Spear
Double Handed Weapon

MISSILE WEAPONS

Bow (10gc)

ARMOUR

Shield
Helmet
Light Armour

HEROES

Herald

110gc
M..WS..BS..S...T....W...I...A..LD
5.....5.....0….4...4….1....4...1...9
Weapons /Armour: May choose weapons and armour from the Demonic Gifts list

Special rules

Leader: Any models in the warband within 6” of the Herald may use his Leadership instead of their own (not for Demonic Instability).

Lesser Demon

0-3
75gc
Weapons/Armour: May choose weapons and armour from the Demonic Gifts list

Special rules

Time to Grow: Lesser Demons need time to grow in their host body before they can manifest themselves in corporal form and so none can be hired after warband creation meaning that you have to promote Hosts to get more lesser Demons.

Half-Formed

Sometimes a demon attempts to leave their human host before they are strong enough to hold their form and end up trapped as mortal half demon half human mutants. The outward appearance of these mutants is not that unusual so these unfortunate beasts shuffle around in long black cloaks amongst the humans purchasing supplies for the Heralds to summon forth their demonic army with.
0-2
35gc

Special rules

Mortal: Half-Formeds are mostly mortal and so do not benefit from the Demonic special rule.

Part Demon: The part transformation to a demon has left the Half-Formed with some of the Demons Power. Upon recruitment but before equipment is bought roll a D6 to see how the transformation has affected the Half-Formed.
1. The Half-Formed is sees itself as lesser than any daemon. In an attempt to compensate for its shortcomings, it will fight through anything to prove itself worthy of the glory of Chaos. The Half-formed is immune to psychology.
2. The Half-Formed is blessed with some of the resilience of the demons. The Half-Formed has the No Pain special rule.
3. The Half-Formed has patches of demonic flesh littering their body and is something truly horrific to behold. The Half-Formed causes fear.
4. The Half-Formed realizes that it cannot compete with its fellow daemons on a level playing field, so it decides to be insensitive. It may now choose from an extra skill list of the players choosing when adding a new skill.
5. The Half-Formed is given a fighting chance by the Chaos Gods. They may make a free, immediate advancement roll.
6. The Half-Formed possesses all of the traits of their patron god. The Half-Formed gains the bonus that Lesser Demons get for following their god.

HENCHMEN

Host

The hatred and pain of battle helps the demons mature inside their humanoid cocoons so they regularly enter into the numerous fights on the streets of Mordheim.
0+
30gc

Special Rules:

Mortal: While the demons are in their human hosts they are mortal and so do not benefit from the Demonic special rule.

Ascension: Hosts are incubators for daemons wishing to start their adventure into the physical world. Daemons live within the hosts, learning to stabilize and control a physical form, before bursting forth in a shower of blood and viscera with their own physical form.  After starting the warband, heroes can no longer be replaced simply by hiring them if they are killed. They must be grown inside hosts before they gestate. When rolling ‘The Lad’s got Talent’ during an advancement, Roll a D6 and consult the chart below:

• 1 – Something has gone horribly wrong (in the wrong way). The host has displeased the gods somehow and they have, in turn, punished the host. The host is turned into a Chaos Spawn. It is immediately removed from the warband roster as it shambles away into the city for some future warband to encounter.
• 2-3 – The daemon has tried to emerge too soon and does not know enough to maintain its physical form. It seeks aid from the host to maintain in this realm. The Host now counts as a Half-Formed. Immediately make the necessary rolls for it and move it into the hero section of the roster. If there are no slots available, it remains a henchmen and reroll the advancement, ignoring any ‘The Lad’s got Talent’ rolls this time.
• 4-6 – The Host rolls on the ground in pain, clutching its gut and screaming, contorting into positions that surely break bones and rip flesh. Finally, it explodes and in it’s place stands a fully formed Lesser Daemon. Add a Lesser Daemon to the Hero section of the roster. It immediately gains all benefits from its Chaos god. Equip it accordingly. If there are no slots available, it remains a henchmen and reroll the advancement, ignoring any ‘The Lad’s got Talent’ rolls this time.

Chaos Beasts

The Chaos Beasts are animals that have Daemons possessing them, controlling their every move, and pushing them to their physical limits. They only have concern for killing anything and everything in their path.
0-3
50gc
7.....4.....0….4...3...1...4...1...7

Special Rules

Crazed Frenzy: The daemon controlling the beast pushes it as far as the physical form can withstand. It attacks with such intensity and utter insanity for its unstoppable desire to shed blood. Chaos Beasts have Frenzy. This frenzy, however, is unyielding and continues after the animal has been ‘knocked down’.

Cause Fear: These animals are more ferocious than their unpossessed counterparts.

No Pain: They treat ‘stunned’ as a ‘knocked down’ result

Simple Demons: Chaos Beasts are simple demons that do not learn from their mistakes as such they do not gain experience.

Fury

Like the Demonic Hounds the relative ease with which Furies can be brought into the realm of men makes them abundant in the cursed city
0-3
25gc

Special Rules

Simple Demons: Furies are simple demons that do not learn from their mistakes as such they do not gain experience.

Fly: Furies may make a move or charge as normal, however their flying ability allows them to move up and down elevations and over obstacles and models without penalty. Their charges cannot be intercepted and always count as making a Diving Charge as they swoop in to attack.

Razor Claws: On the turn that a Fury charges it may make an additional attack.

DAEMONS OF CHAOS SPECIAL SKILLS

Eternal Hatred: The daemon is so fixated on the destruction of all life that they hate all enemies.

Rooted to this World: The Daemon can reroll their Daemonic Instability test (the second result stands).

Mutation: The warrior may buy a single mutation from the Possessed Mutation list.

KHORNE SPECIAL SKILLS

Crazed Frenzy: The daemon is permanently subject to Frenzy. This is never lost, even if knocked down.

Gift of the Gods: The daemon’s weapon is blessed by Khorne. It now grants Critical Hits on 5+

NURGLE SPECIAL SKILLS

Cloud of Flies: The daemon’s rotting flesh is foul enough to attract a cloud of flies. Any model wishing to strike it in close combat does so at -1 to hit.

Scent of Decay: The putrid stink given off by the Daemon is overwhelming, anyone coming close to it retches in disgust. All models in base contact must pass an initiative test each turn or strike last for that round of combat.

TZNEETCH SPECIAL SKILLS

Armour of Chaos: The Gods graft a suit of Chaos Armour directly onto the body of the Daemon. This counts as a 4+ Armour save, which cannot be removed. This does not hinder the Daemons ability to cast spells.

Wizard Adept: The Daemon yearns to be the most powerful spellcaster in the physical realm. It can now cast two spells during each Shooting phase instead of one (they can be two different ones or the same spell twice).  If the second spell is failed, however, they suffer a hit with S equal to the amount the spell was failed by (if the spell was difficulty 8 and a 5 was rolled, the daemon would suffer a S3 hit), No Saves allowed.

SLAANESH SPECIAL SKILLS

Pain for Pleasure: For every wound suffered by the daemon, The daemon gains +1A.

Unnatural Quickness: The daemon gains a 6+ save against shooting and close combat. This can only be modified if the daemon has the Dodge or Step Aside skills, making them 4+ instead of 5+
Back to top Go down
Theycallmejosh
Captain
Captain
Theycallmejosh

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Mar 2014 - 15:28

Really? No feedback?
Back to top Go down
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Mar 2014 - 16:37

it just looks like mine could you just post the changes please because you didn't bother to copy the formatting and I hate walls of text
Back to top Go down
Theycallmejosh
Captain
Captain
Theycallmejosh

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Mar 2014 - 20:07

Well I used your format and a lot of your mechanic ideas, but there is a lot that is different... hence I posted the entire modified list.... but here's the breakdown of what should be read

Daemonic Instability
Daemonic Weapons
Children of the gods
Skills table and skills
stats and max stats
Half formed starting roll
Ascension rules
chaos beasts in replace of hounds (similar but different)
furies flying rule
Back to top Go down
Theycallmejosh
Captain
Captain
Theycallmejosh

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitimeSat 15 Mar 2014 - 20:08

**though I should note, the children of the gods allegiance only apply to heralds and lesser daemons**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)   Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demonic Host Warband (inspired by RobinTrevize's demon warb)
Page 1 of 1