Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Grey area - exploration phase rerolls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Empty
PostSubject: Grey area - exploration phase rerolls   exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012 - 0:25

Basicly there's no such thing as "exploration phase" in post battle sequence. There is only:
[quote]
Quote :
3 Roll on the Exploration chart. See the Income section for details.
4 Sell Wyrdstone. This can only be done once per post battle sequence.
Am I right?
Of course it's a matter of wording but neverthless wording is very important, cause following items and skill let player reroll a dice...and now the problem:
Mordheim map:
Quote :
2-3 Vague. Though crude, the map is generally accurate (well… parts of it are… perhaps!). You may re-roll any one dice during the next exploration phase if you wish but you must accept
the result of the second roll.
5 Accurate. The map is recently made and very detailed. You may re-roll up to three dice during the next exploration phase if you wish. You must accept the result of the second roll.
6 Master map. This is one of the twelve master maps of Mordheim made for Count von Steinhardt of Ostermark. From now on you may always re-roll one dice when rolling on the Exploration chart as long as the Hero who possesses this map was not taken out of action in the battle.
Wyrdstone hunter skill:
Quote :
If a Hero with this skill is searching the ruins in the exploration phase you may re-roll one dice when rolling on the Exploration chart. The second result stands.
Wyrdstone Pendulum:
Quote :
Special Rules: If he was not taken out, the Hero using the wyrdstone pendulum may make a Leadership test after the battle. If he is successful, you may re-roll any one dice in the Exploration phase.
Tarot CArds:
Quote :
Special Rules: A Hero with a deck of tarot cards may consult them before each game. Make a Leadership test. If successful, the Hero gains a favourable insight into the future and you may modify the result of any one dice in the Exploration phase by -1/+1 (even if the Hero with the cards is taken out of action)...
Rabbit's Foot:
Quote :
A rabbit's foot allows the warrior wearing it to re-roll one dice during the battle. If not used in the battle, it can be used to re-roll one dice during the Exploration phase, providing the hero is able to search through the ruins.
So basicly there are two types of items: one, that allows a reroll on Exploration Chart ONLY (= how much wyrdstone is found) and the other that allows a reroll in Exploration Phase. Generally speaking I can reroll ANY dice I like when searching for wyrdstone on Exploration Chart or if some doubles, triples or other things happen I can reroll, let's say, amount of halberds I found in Smithy, reroll a 1 in the Pit or see how much XP points my Witch Hunters got in Graveyard.
So how's that? Am I wrong? Or have I discovered something new nasty and ridiculous? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Grey area - exploration phase rerolls   exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012 - 10:05

Interestimg topic.

I think the authors did not want to differ between these different items.

But in a detail view you may be right, but i would handle all items in the same way as house rule/ clarification.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Grey area - exploration phase rerolls   exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012 - 12:51

In my circle we have always played that the reroll allows one to reroll those results in the table (d3 halberds, T-test in the well, etc.). It doesn't seem to have made the game less fun. In fact, I think allowing it is something that helps keep the Skaven in check as they don't have the LD to make the most use of one of the most potent loot-altering items around - i.e. the Tarot cards.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Grey area - exploration phase rerolls   exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012 - 4:36

We've been tenatively allowing re-rolls of any dice for the items listed as you suggest above for the last couple of campaigns. Its seems to be working out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey area - exploration phase rerolls   exploration - Grey area - exploration phase rerolls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey area - exploration phase rerolls
Page 1 of 1