HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fanfav
Champion
Champion

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Sat 5 May 2012 - 21:40

I'll make this short and sweet-

Am adapting the Border Town Burning supplement for Mordheim to be set in the Empire- fusing Empire in Flames with the former.
this is requiring new Exploration tables, Master Equipment Lists, Objectives-etc. Not too daunting as nothing is "original" per se- just a mashup of many different sources.

I want to have these pages look professional like all the other supplements, so having the background scroll work and collection of images and other tid bits used to enhance the flavor of the pages' presentation is a must. I've done some google research i.e. minimal, and am starting to think I can not easily or at all take the actual PDFs presented to us and edit the text on the finished pages. And even if I could they would be compromised- pages lost, mismatched fonts, etc...

The Question at Hand:
1.Does anyone (this can come from multiple overlapping sources) have a collection of all the images used in all the Mordheim books plus any badass extras for flavor as needed from other Warhammer works.
2.Does anyone have any tips on reconstructing or making from scratch rule book pages to match the existing supplements.
3.Know the fonts used?
4.Anything else Etc. Ad Infinitum. Ad Nauseum.

Please any help would be great- while I don't plan to distribute this work as it really is only a reworking of others HARD, LONG hours to craft something unique and genuine- I do want to have something flush, and professional for my players in their handbooks to not so much appreciate, as much as never. notice. the difference.

a preemptive thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Mon 14 May 2012 - 2:53

I recall that there was a thread about fonts already on this forum. The font that is used in the rulebook can be purchased. There are other fonts fairly close that are available for free from the Mordheimer Information Centre (http://mordheimer.com/downloads/downloads.htm).

I cannot comment on the rest. I've only gone for basic text on anything that my gaming group has released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
fanfav
Champion
Champion

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Mon 14 May 2012 - 17:38

Thanks FL- I will do a quick search for that.

As for the rest yes, I relate. I think I should just get up the nerve and contact directly one of the few website's still up that distribute their supplements. See if I can't wrangle something out of them.

Thanks again though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 10:10

heres a funny situation...

all those images you speak of. I have / had them at one point. Where I got them from though, I have no idea. but now im looking for them again.

I THINK what I did though, was, got a hold of a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro X... and opened Each PDF file of the core rule book, and somehow was able to export all the images.

It was a while ago that I did this , though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 12:50

Confirmed

you can extract images from a PDF document using adobe acrobat pro. Just ripped all the images out of the rulebook that is posted on GW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Citizen Sade
Elder
Elder

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 14:00

Marvellous. How is it done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fanfav
Champion
Champion

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 16:50

Yes, a simple hands-on how-to would be mucho appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekk
Veteran
Veteran

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 17:00

assuming you have the same version as me...
open the document in acrobat, click on tools. click on Document Processing. then theres an option called Extract Images (or something like that)
from there its pretty self explanatory.

If document processing doesnt appear, its because the option is hidden. theres a way to View more options in the tools bar. I think I right clicked on the background, or something around there, and that allows you to add Document Processing to the line up.

I did this on my work PC which has acrobat. I dont have acrobat at home so Im going off memory.

all else fails, just open acrobat pro, go to help and type in "how to extract images" . Thats what I did..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fanfav
Champion
Champion

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Fri 8 Jun 2012 - 20:29

Will try that out as soon as I get the chance. I might not have pro though- but hey, sounds like its worth the upgrade. Thank ye kindly sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!   Today at 21:23

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Supplements PDF (Images, Editing Tricks) Help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1