Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My introduction

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Nasse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012 - 20:12

I am not sure if this should go into the introduction thread that's stickied or not, but here goes.
Hello from Finland!
I've got a few year's experience (probably around 4 years now?) on wargaming, mostly 40k and Fantasy Battles, though I've played Necromunda and Warmachine too.
Got a demo game of LotR and Mordheim under my belt too.
So my club's starting a Mordheim campaign, there hasn't been a single game of Mordheim at my local club for the year or two that I've been a member despite there being two starter set's worth of those cardboard and plastic buildings in the terrain storage.
Anyway, I hadn't been going to my club for a while due to other things taking up my time, but while going there to sell a tank model I had made I heard there had been talk of a story driven Mordheim campaign and I though what the hell, I'll join in too to get back into wargaming.
I would have liked to start a dwarf warband but apparently there are already quite a few dwarf players around so I wanted another warband, but I'm not sure which one I should start.
Witch Hunters and Possessed are already "taken" but neither of those sounds attractive for me.
Any suggestions?
I like nurgle so Carnival of Chaos might be fun but then I'd have to buy the really expensive GW models.
I like either tough or shooty. Preferably with magic since I haven't got much of that in Fantasy Battles.

Last edited by Nasse on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 20:21; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : misclick, edited the rest of the message in)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012 - 21:37

Hi, Hasse! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet On Rare Occasions Cool & Informative Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY! cheers

Check through the Painting & Modelling, & Miniature Gallery Sections. You'll find lots of interesting & inspiring ways to make your own Carnival or whatever else strikes your fancy. One of the advantage of not having G.W. supporting The Game is that you can use or make just about anything you'd like. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeWed 2 May 2012 - 17:49

Welcome to the forum. I see you are perhaps going with Bretonnians? Otherwise orcs are always entertaining. Reiklanders can shoot or fight, or is that shoot and fight...
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2012 - 23:26

Yes, I was considering Bretonnians since I really like their models but apparently they're too underpowered, seeing as I'm not a good player by any means.
I'm strongly considering Reiklanders using Bretonnian and Empire kits bashed together.
Orcs and Goblins might have been fun, but I'm not fan of the basic Orc model.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 10:34

Nasse wrote:
And I thought I was going to like you until you said that! pale

Wink Welcome to the TBM forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 10:40

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Nasse wrote:
And I thought I was going to like you until you said that! pale
heh, I meant the basic Orc boy, the heroes and black orcs looks great.
Also the one boy body with the scale armour looks nice.
Biggest problem with the Orcs and Goblins is I'd like to get as much as possible out of one box, and for orcs and goblins I'd need a shaman, a warboss, boyz, goblins, squigs, maybe even a troll
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeFri 4 May 2012 - 11:36

Carnival of chaos doesn't have to be expensive, and its a really fun warband to play. Smile
Its not very hard to make an alternative plague-cart from cardboard and bitz Wink

Festum de Febris, my Carnival warband, might help with some inspiration Wink

edit: oh, and welcome! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 21:34

Had my first two games with a Reiklander warband.

Unfortunately I lost both of them, first against Dwarfs and then against Witch Hunters.
Rolling 6s to hit and to wound but getting 1s and 2s on the "what happens" roll (forgot the name) starts to get on your nerves after a while.
Anyway, in the first game I lost a warrior and a champion had to miss a game due to an arm wound, in the second I lost another warrior, a youngblood, the other champion lost his eye (hah, and I modelled him with a head that has an eyepatch) and another youngblood will have to miss a game.

On the plus side all of my marksmen are now BS5, the champion who lost an eye got +1T, a Warrior got promoted to hero (chose the step aside skill, chose combat and strength skills) and a youngblood got +1W.
Got the well in the first (an extra piece of wyrdstone) and the straggler in the second.

I bought a repeater crossbow thinking I'd give it to my captain but then I realized he can't use it before getting the skill.
All in all I've only got 10 coins in my coffers after replacing all my losses.
Maybe next weekend I can finally start expanding my party.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 22:23

Welcome to the forum! (He said, belatedly),
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: My introduction   My introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My introduction
Page 1 of 1