Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Empty
PostSubject: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 23:30

Hi there, I haven't played Mordheim in ages but I'm thinking of returning with a Possessed Warband, having been overwhelmingly a (Shooty) Mercenary player in the past. Also I've hardly ever played against Cultist so I have no idea what I'm doing. My original list idea was:

Magister
-Sword

Possessed
-Naked

Possessed
-Naked

Mutant
-Scorpion Tail

x3 Brethren
-Clubs

x3 Brethren
-Axes

-------------------------

However this was before I looked back over the rulebook and realised you can't upgrade mutations in-campaign, which is arguably good as it means no post-battle converisons. Also others have said a Hero heavy Cult Warband can pack an early campaign punch so I quickly rewrote it as this:

Magister
-Sword, Axe

Possessed
-Extra Arm

Possessed
-Scorpion Tail

Mutant
-Spines
-Club & Dagger

Mutant
-Spines
-Club & Dagger

x1 Brethren
-Club & Dagger

-------------------------------------

So what do people think? Any C&C is appreciated.

Last edited by Jape on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 2:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edyy
Captain
Captain
Edyy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 1:55

From personal experience I would say drop the spines and swap it for scorpion tails because those really hurt on a mutant. When it comes to possessed I would recommend either just one pumped up possessed with either great claw, Scorpion tail or just an extra arm or go for two "naked" possessed because if you keep them together nothing will stand in their way. then after you have got your heroes sorted spend the rest on Beastmen maybe with a single brethren for numbers (those two wounds and T4 make all the difference).
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 2:24

Thanks for the advice - how about something like this?

Magister - Sword, Dagger
Possessed
Possessed
Mutant - Scorpion Tail, Club, Dagger
Mutant - Scorpion Tail, Club, Dagger
Beastman -Club, Dagger
X2 Brethren - Clubs, Daggers

500gc

Last edited by Jape on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 2:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokenv
Knight
Knight
brokenv

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 3:12

That's a good list, but if you are doing a campaign, I would start with only one possessed and save up for the 2nd later on, that way you can pump the first one up with at least a claw. I tend to make one mutant with tail and one with extra arm because being able to use things like spear/sword/shield or 2hander/shield are awesome. If its just a one off game. Generally, tails and extra arms are worse long-term for possessed and claws are much better. A two-clawed, spined possessed is insane, while a 4 armed mutant with swordsman is unstoppable Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mordheimact.tabletopgeeks.com/
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 3:15

I have found that a mutant with 2 extra arms is a beast and can rival a possessed fast.
for the first skill give him expert swordsmen and bam 4 attacks that re-roll to hit on the charge after just 1-2 games. Compare that in cost to the scorpion tail and your brethren and you can pay for him. maybe with out swords but hey thats fine for the first battle.
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 14:30

But don't additional mutations cost double? a four-armed mutant would come in at 145gc (25+40+80) before I even threw out any weapons - seems alot for models that have human WS + T starting out. All the Eggs in one Basket seems to spring to mind - but I'll look into writing another list.

However I get the point on holding back to invest in a second uber-Possessed - naked they're not much better than a Gor, and twice the price.

I shall ponder, cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 17:07

ya he is expencive but at the same size as any other one of your models he can hide and slip into combat safe easier and as he starts with 0 exp he will rank up fast and become a supper beast early.
145 gold is about the same price you pay for a possessed with any usefull mutation (90+50=140) and I would rather have the mutant my self as though worse stats at about the same cost he advances faster, can use equipment, and is going to give you an unexpected power house (they will target the possessed first).

Also as a side note, Possessed are expencive and strong, if you hold back the one possessed for latter your warband ratting will be lower and give you higher odds of getting the underdog advantage.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 17:32

Yeah a mutant with two extra arms is strong, but no way he is stronger than a possessed with scorpion tail.

The Possessed has +1 S, T, W, Ws and M and causes fear. The possessed will need more exp. to level up but he will also get more because he is stronger.

And by the way heis also cheaper 130 gc against the above mentioned mutant with 3 clubs for 154 gc.

I start very often with two possessed with mutations, one mutant with scorpian tail and the magister as heroes and three brethren with shortbows or clubs as cannon fodder.

These are seven members. This is a fragile starting warband, but if you not sacrifice your possessed it will develop very fast.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 17:49

I didn't say he was stronger, I was saying he can rival a possessed soon. Get the right advancment early and he could pass up the possessed. get them latter and he still passes the possessed but it just takes longer.
the possessed is better bang for his buck early on, but the mutant will catch up fast enough and draw less fire/attacks well getting there.
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 22:03

I think you both make good points - I think I'm going to go for two Possessed, and one extra arm Mutant to start with - something like this

Magister - Sword
Possessed - S. Tail
Possessed - S. Tail
Mutant - Extra Arm, 3 Clubs
X3 Brethren, Clubs

The way I see it, the two Possessed are tough cookies from the get go (less so against the Undead but meh), the Mutant will improve rapidly, as will a second Mutant if I purchase it through the campaign. However I also get a screen of cheap Brethren to lean on if I'm worried about losing my big investments early on.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Jape on Fri 30 Mar 2012 - 2:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 22:57

Scorpion tails I find to be a waist on possessed. yes you get +1 attack from it but it's only +1 strenght over normal (undead it's a -2 strength).
An extra arm would give you still the +1 attack and grow with your possessed as they can gain Strength a few times, meaning eventually your tail becomes your weaker attack (maybe even after your first advancment).
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 23:04

Very true - also my warband theme means scorpion tails would look somewhat out of place - and extra arm is the same price. I'll take your advice good sir!
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2012 - 0:37

I normally get each mutation once atfor each possessed to have some variability in the models.

But Pervavita is right about the extra arm to be stronger in the medium run or in some times also in the short run.
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2012 - 18:13

No I agree, I'm drawn to model variation but I think extra arm is a vague enough concept I could still use it on several stat lines and create unique models for each.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list   possessed - Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Possessed Player - figuring out a list
Page 1 of 1