Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Path of the lord of flies

Go down 
+12
Captain Bernhardt
floedebolle
Spectre76
Von Kurst
oldschoolgameroo
5pointer
Stronzo
Theorox
Alex
DeafNala
Jape
HumanFly
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Path of the lord of flies Empty
PostSubject: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 23:13

Well here i'll post some W.I.Ps of my first warband a nurgle themed possessed warband :
The magister as the other componentes of it were slaves and pit fighters abandoned in their cells during the destruction of the city, naturally as time passed famine and plague spread between them and in the desperation they prayed the only god that could heard them, Nurgle.
The Rot Lord helped them giving new strength and some mutations and a particular insnsivity to pain.
They were made perfect fighters.
so here some W.I.P pics:
Magister:( he needs all the weapons and other bitz, some maggots and a nurglin familiar)
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01390s
Ogre bodyguard:( i've to finish some higlights and the base)

Path of the lord of flies Dsc01391z

P.S: the magister is inspired by Aly Morrison's warband Hand of fate

Last edited by HumanFly on Sat 31 Mar 2012 - 1:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jape
Captain
Captain
Jape

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 23:47

Lovely ogre - really gruesome and gets across the Nurgle Pit Fighter theme - will the rest of the gang have similar elements or just rotten?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 0:30

VERY NICE START, Fly! The Ogre, especially his head, is really cool in an in character, appropriately disgusting sort of way. You can't go wrong modeling your Rotters on The Hands of Fate...an inspired War Band by a Master Craftsman. Keep up the GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 16:43

Thanks everyone,
@Jape: every member will have similar elements let's call them "gladiatorial" maybe one or two exception as the magister will remind only slavery as they were victims destined to be eaten by some beasties in arena.
@Deafnala: me too i like his helm, the pic is very bad but from some of the holes comes out a disgusting fluid .

i'm waiting for some corpse cart bitzes that will give me the change to add macabre details as zombies' heads and limbs for dark souls or the man torso with the rope to use as flail
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 11:24

I apologise for the double posy but i've some news:
my first mutant inspired by storm of chaos flayerkins and the banner on this forum,with extra arm and armed of club dagger and axe, i'm thinking to add another arm but a tiny one that would look as a dead limb,so this mutant would have six limbs as a real insect
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01392ov
then my first possessed with great claw , i wanted him to look like an unstoppable warrior a kind of Juggernaut from Marvel, it's WIP obviously it needs the marks of nurgle: a fat belly and so on..
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01394xp
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 22:11

good start, the ogre is nasty looking in the right way Smile I'm looking forward to see them all painted
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 22:17

The new additions are appropriately CREEPY. I like the idea of the atrophied arm; one from the Zombie sprue would look cool in a disturbing sort of way. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 22:31

or maybe just a hand about to grow into an arm? slowly reaching out from the body, grabbing hold of something close by to pull itself out into an arm
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 23:13

Today iìve converted another mutant "flayerkin style":
two big spikes as hands,scorpion tail mutation and a human hide hood to cover his hideous aspect(indeed the zombie head i've used as base for it in my opinion is a bad sculpt from nose to hair; contrary the mouth gives him a weird creepy aspect)
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01407iPath of the lord of flies Dsc01408lw
beautiful mutant..lovely hood.. high school smile .. oooh yees tongue
then for the next mutant with tentacle i'll take ispiration from these :
Path of the lord of flies 517pxbrute3Path of the lord of flies Chardger001big01
A big brute guy with a huge arm and a tentacle that only wants to get in close combat as fast as possible
P.S: i added a zombie limb to the other mutant but forgot to take pics
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 23:50

That is a creepy looking Dude...in a cool way that is. He does have an endearing smile, however. VERY NICE WORK...keep it up. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 19:55

That's one very cool warband so far! Especially the Ogre is really awesome. Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 21:10

Really cool convertions there Smile looks really good! i am looking forward to see the finished magister Smile

Im toying with the idear of making a possessed warband myself Smile
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 21:56

Nurgle was my first love of the Chaos Gods and Neiglen still holds a certain festering charm for me, and you have most certainly done Grandfather proud!

The Ogre in particular is a fine piece of work, and the mutants are shaping up well.

Keep on sharing, I'm gonna be following this!
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012 - 23:02

thanks all for your nice comments(and if you have critics don't worry i'll not pray nurgle for giving you a new disease lol) they keep me motivated...

@stronzo:well for how my words worth i can say you that i'm having a lot of fun on converting my possessed's warband you can be very creative with them as you can see mine will be brutal,creepy with tribute to B-movies and videogames but they lend themselves to any kind of interpretation.

Now,mesdames et messieurs, it's questions time(some game related some about modeling) bounce

1)can the cult really buy wardogs?,i assume yes but better be sure..(i'd like to work on one or two puppies)
2)any ideas for beastmen? i want to avoid pestigor look so maybe i can use nurgle champion with fly head or try something as this...a fightier beast
Path of the lord of flies M1640533ablog2601114xl
3) can someone help me identify the bitz used on the mutant on the first post in this blog of the forum?i recognize zombie head, ogre arm ,orc arm ogre gutplate but i cannot recognise the body and legs disciples of the dreaming sun
4)and eventually, does someone know which companies produce 28/32 mm nice pigs(i need a pig head)?

thanks to everyone will lose time at reading and greater thanks to who answer too tongue
and i apologise if i wrote in bad english feel free to correct me
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 0:02

Ooohhh! Very nice, I will be following this with interest.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 0:20

1) Yes, only the skavens cant Smile

2) Looks like you go for plastic mini's Smile in that case i suggest this guy: Link. He's a bit bigger then regular gors, but the basesize is right Smile i saw a convertion, on some beastmen blog, with this dude and a beastmen head. That however would get you back to the bestigor look. He would imo be cool with a bug head of just as he is, even if thats a bit boring Smile

3) sorry. apart from the ones you found im blank.

4) Wyrd miniatures, if you dont mind metal mini's, have a great selection of very nurgle'ish mini's. as for pigs: warpig Pigapult And theres one more here
They have other mini's in that range that includes a pig Smile have a look.

Hope it helps Smile

Edit: heh, your mention of pig heads got me looking around. Pigman butcher thingy[url] [/url]Pigskin
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 12:28

Very Happy Thanks Stronzo(sounds funny in italian lol) well that nurgle lord wouls serve me in future as dark soul hero it's a bit static but full of character and great pig minis suggestion i like the last one more as i have to put the pig head on a stick.....
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 18:12

A bit OT, as it has nothing to do with moddeling, but darksoul hero?
Seems to me they are the last ones you would push for a tlgt. I mean their low leadership and speciel rule means that you risk wasting a ton of levels on a useless stat.
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 19:06

Very Happy Well i don't know much about the performances of models in game(as i actually don't play ) so i don't know how they act in battles and campaiigns and so on i just like that model and i think it'd look cool in that role Very Happy
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:32

The rule of cool outweighs everything else. everything

Looks like Orc (or Ork) shoes, zombie legs with a bit of an Ironfist to me. The torso could be anything cause it looks heavily GSd to me. Not much help, sorry!
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012 - 13:44

Very Happy i've found out alll the bitz...Hurray! cheers
it's simply the ork trukk gunner http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/ork-trukk-gunner-p-2969
Back to top Go down
HumanFly
Veteran
Veteran
HumanFly

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 14:54

hi,
I'm not dead in some days as a real fly! lol!
desperate Still waiting the miniatures i need to arrive at my home but meanwhile i'm improving a bit the models i've and trying to restaurate a rat ogre painted years ago(for my next warband)
here there's the rat ogre, there are some mold lines on bendages and the painting is flat:
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01410us
then we have the magister with a nurglin ,fish and bell(plagued people used to have bells in middle age to reveal their presence to others) on his staff, and with him the six limbed mutant
Path of the lord of flies Dsc01416jPath of the lord of flies Dsc01419s
P.S: i apologise for pics quality
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 16:24

VERY COOL ADDITIONS! I love the little Puppet Guy on top of the staff. They all have a common trait of possessing a lot of potential. Have FUN with The Project! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 17:36

Yay Updates! Good to see the project moving forward.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 23:53

Looks good dude Very Happy really like the upgrades on the magisters staff Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path of the lord of flies   Path of the lord of flies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path of the lord of flies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next