Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Swordmaster Warband List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeep

Jeep

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

My Swordmaster Warband List Empty
PostSubject: My Swordmaster Warband List   My Swordmaster Warband List Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012 - 14:47

Swordmasters have always been my favorite units in Warhammer. Not only for their utility in-game, but also for their fluff. Jedi/Secret Police with a dash of Indiana Jones? Awesome. So, I decided to make a band for them in Mordheim.

Here's the list, let me know what you think.

With my group's permission, I'm using them in our current campaign. After 4 games, I'm 3-1, with one of them being a real squeaker I would have likely lost had we not messed up the rules (we forgot you don't take Rout tests when playing the "Occupy" scenario.

I won't bore you with the pages of notes I've taken, but here are some of the main ways I've tried to keep things balanced:

• The Swordmasters can only purchase 4 heroes
  • No heroes with shooting skills, unless a Sea Guard henchman gets promoted
  • Limit of 12 units, total.
  • Only the Blademaster starts with the "Swordmaster" skill.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Swordmaster Warband List   My Swordmaster Warband List Icon_minitimeWed 3 Apr 2013 - 7:58

The Prisoners special rules seems unnecessarily convoluted. Is there a thought to this rule? (I have little to no knowledge of elven fluff, so you may have perfectly good reasons)
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: My Swordmaster Warband List   My Swordmaster Warband List Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2013 - 4:38

I think going with only four starting heroes is a biiiiiig step toward balancing them.

Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My Swordmaster Warband List   My Swordmaster Warband List Icon_minitimeThu 4 Apr 2013 - 10:21

Looks like a good list.
The magic is very nice, especially the ability to buy a dispel item. The spell list is one of the more useful ones without any one spell being overpowered. Because of the randomness of magic in Mordheim i donĀ“t think this will become overpowered once the mage learns a few spells and skills - fine job overall.
The stats and skills look good, but i think in the early campaign the warband will be slightly underpowered. Apart from the Bladelord with 2 attacks they have no big advantages against other warbands and they are very pricey. In the late campaign this might change depending on the promotions.
One change i would suggest ist giving all the heroes except for the mage swordmaster, this will give the warband a slight boost and fits the fluff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Swordmaster Warband List   My Swordmaster Warband List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Swordmaster Warband List
Page 1 of 1