Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question

Go down 
+2
SerialMoM
xFAZIKx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xFAZIKx
Youngblood
Youngblood
xFAZIKx

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Empty
PostSubject: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 10:52

Hello everyone!

If it is possible I would like to get some explanations about the Emissary's Report.

1) The Leader is supposed to miss only 1 game if he wants to make a Report BUT
a) can he go on another Emissary's Report if I were to have won the missed game with the rest of my warband?
b) he "may not search for rare items, Dramatis Personae, etc" in the game he is reporting about but will he be able to perform those tasks after the next game (which he misses)?
c) can he search for wyrdstone after the next game (which he misses)?

This is all about the question: When the hell does the Leader actually come back?

Because it can be from only 1 missed game to 1 game missed, 2 exploration phases missed and 2 chances of finding items missed and all for a mere 1D3 CP ...

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 21:07

I would interpret the rules as three nos.

Maybe Cianty can confirm it ( or not)
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar 2012 - 22:46

Welcome to the forum! Smile

I would say he would miss a single battle and a single post battle phase.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
xFAZIKx
Youngblood
Youngblood
xFAZIKx

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012 - 15:31

RationalLemming wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Smile

I would say he would miss a single battle and a single post battle phase.

Thank You Very Happy

I think so too especially because that it would be too severe to lose 2 full explorations. Adding the fact that I don't have any other reliable way of getting those points since nobody plays any of the warbands that I could kill in order to get points ...
Right now I'm looking at 1 point per game whatever the outcome is ...
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012 - 23:49

Yes, our gaming group found that the Celestial Protectorate plays differently to other warband objectives since there is no +1 CP for winning battles. If there are chaotic warbands (which it sounds you don't currently have) then there is more incentive (especially later in the campaign) to throw your warband at your enemies regardless of winning or losing because you are guaranteed to get 1CP either way and you may get bonus CPs also. I think that this is great because it simulates the desperation amoungst Celestial Protectorate warbands as they do whatever it takes to defend their homeland.

I hope that you have fun in your campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
xFAZIKx
Youngblood
Youngblood
xFAZIKx

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012 - 20:42

RationalLemming wrote:
Yes, our gaming group found that the Celestial Protectorate plays differently to other warband objectives since there is no +1 CP for winning battles. If there are chaotic warbands (which it sounds you don't currently have) then there is more incentive (especially later in the campaign) to throw your warband at your enemies regardless of winning or losing because you are guaranteed to get 1CP either way and you may get bonus CPs also. I think that this is great because it simulates the desperation amoungst Celestial Protectorate warbands as they do whatever it takes to defend their homeland.

I hope that you have fun in your campaign.

Well I can only get CP's by playing (1) or the Emissary's Report (1D3) or Getting an Artefact (1D6). My warband is too small and too slow (Dwarfs Smile ) to throw myself at the enemy. I tend to snipe them from afar using my trusty Xbows.

I got some follow up questions though.

Is the Leader counted into my warband rating if he is not there? And the same goes with the rout tests - does he count to the 25% rule when he is not present?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:36

This would work the same as works for other warbands when they have a hero who has to miss a game.

Warband Rating: Yes, this is in the FAQ (I think) as you may know he is not there but the enemy does not so your reputation causes them to expect the full warband.

Rout Test: he is not there to count for the rout test. again the FAQ (I think) as your own members know he is gone so there for they are not counting on him to keep them brave (thus know there true numbers and odds).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 22:29

The idea is to have the Leader miss one game and one respective post-battle sequence.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 0:54

cianty wrote:
The idea is to have the Leader miss one game and one respective post-battle sequence.

What does the word "respective" mean in this sentence?

Do you mean he missses one game and one post battle sequence? Or is it as written and the hero misses one game and 2 post battle sequences?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 23:51

The way we played it was that the emissary leaves immediately after a won battle - instead of taking part in the post-battle sequence. In order to not penalize the player too heavily we allowed him to let the Emissary search for rare items during the post-battle sequence after the following game though.

From a more objective point of view though, I find it more suitable (and more straightforward) to have emessary skip the post-battle sequence of the initial won game and then miss both the following game as well as THAT post-game sequence. Again, we found this to be a little too unfair that's why it's not iwritten n the rules that way.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question   Protectorate - Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another Celestial Protectorate Question
Page 1 of 1