Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Magnetized Skaven Warband

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hbury14

hbury14

Trading Reputation : 0

Magnetized Skaven Warband Empty
PostSubject: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 23:06

I started making a magnetized skaven warband so I can swap out weapons. The process is taking longer than I first thought but here are some pictures of what I have so far. I'll update the thread as I make more progress.

Magnetized Skaven Warband 2012-03-01_16-43-43_138

Magnetized Skaven Warband 2012-03-01_16-44-27_733
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeFri 2 Mar 2012 - 0:29

The extra time will be worth it when an opponent picks up one of your Rat Guys to admire & an arm comes away in his hand...looks of horror are priceless. clown
That aside, it does maximize the minis...sounds like a contradiction in terms. Keep us updated on your progress & have FUN!
Back to top Go down
qboid
Elder
Elder
qboid

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2012 - 17:14

I have always had a question about magnetizing arms and the like.

With shading and highlighting etc, wont the arms all look different?
Don't you find that it makes the models look like they have had a limb transplant?

This is a serious question btw, i tend to paint one model at a time, so skin colours can all be varying shades, an when i was thinking about magnetizing this is what stopped me from having a go.
Back to top Go down
hbury14

hbury14

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2012 - 19:47

This is my first time magnetizing anything so its really an experiment and I'll let you know how it goes. So far I have added magnets to all of the bodies and most of the arms (I'll post more pictures once I get a little farther along). I have noticed it makes them look kind of like they have had a transplant. But once you undercoat them it is less noticeable.

I plan on painting all of the skaven at once so we'll see how they turn out in terms of consistency.

Hopefully the results of these skaven can help other people decide whether magnetizing is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Squig
Captain
Captain
Squig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar 2012 - 10:34

Sounds like a good idea to test, if magnetizing does us fellow Mordheimers any good. Wink

Have fun and share your experiences, hbury14.

Back to top Go down
izmerul
Veteran
Veteran
izmerul

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012 - 1:58

Looks like a lot of hard work! Should be worth it for Mordheim. Stay Dedicated!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnetized Skaven Warband   Magnetized Skaven Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magnetized Skaven Warband
Page 1 of 1