Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)

Go down 
+12
Dreng Tromm
Spectre76
Paboook
Alex
sianpää
The_Ferret
kidterminal
mrtn
The Yak
Asus
DeafNala
folketsfiende
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2012 - 1:03

DeafNala wrote:
Actually the Forum Rules are pretty straight forward; it's just despite my best efforts, Folks continue to post unfinished pieces in Gallery...SO I just gave up. Suspect
Never said they weren't straight forward, just strange. IMHO they don't make much sense. I think you did the right thing in giving up!
DeafNala wrote:
Those are some very promising pieces. Have FUN painting them. What a Face
Indeed they are, and I can assure you I willl!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2012 - 3:20

You are an EXCELLENT member of our community, so please don't feel you are being singled out &, since most of the pieces in your thread are finished, leaving the W.I.P. photos is okay. There are a number of threads in the Gallery that also have work in progress pieces. The Gallery was meant to be a showcase of completed pieces only; ergo the Section's Title:

Miniatures
Finished Mordheim works only. Enjoy!

It's rather like the display case of the Forum. The best analogy I could come up with is The Display Case at my erstwhile hobby haunt, Men at Arms. Jim, the owner had/has The Display Case reserved for only miniatures that he approved for display. Among the Younger Guys & Girls there was a fierce competition to have their pieces on display in The Display Case; it was a distinct honor & a sign of accomplishment. I believe that Tom intended the Gallery to serve a similar function here. What a Face
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jul 2012 - 13:21

Finished two try out ghouls. I am very happy with them, but they look crappy on these pics. Hopefully you will be able to see past their apparent flatness, and appreciate them. Models from Heresy, bases from Micro Art.

First ghoul:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh01folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh02folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh03

Second ghoul:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh04folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh05
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh06folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh07

The two of them together:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh08
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SU_gh09
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jul 2012 - 13:29

VERY COOL LOOKING! I think they survive the photography well; my own photos never do the minis justice, so I've developed a forgiving view of pics as a consequence. The skin tones & glowing eyes are TERRIFIC...nice job on the bases also. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012 - 20:24

Huzzah the strigoi will rule again! Great to see an other strigoi warband taking shape. The vampire model is fierce and with some paint it will rule the night.

The skelentons were a bit of a surprise, what rules are you using?

The strigay looks really good and the scared on is too funny.

The old bats are great, I considered these guys myself --> http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat750032a&prodId=prod1500582a

You have a very distinct painting style and I look forward to seeing more
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012 - 23:30

Alex wrote:
Huzzah the strigoi will rule again! Great to see an other strigoi warband taking shape. The vampire model is fierce and with some paint it will rule the night.

The skelentons were a bit of a surprise, what rules are you using?

The strigay looks really good and the scared on is too funny.

The old bats are great, I considered these guys myself --> http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat750032a&prodId=prod1500582a

You have a very distinct painting style and I look forward to seeing more
Why, thanks! It's always nice to get a little positive feedback! I'm using the rules from Karak Azgal, and have no clues about other Strigoi rule sets. The Vampire model is also from Heresy, and IMHO one of the absolute best miniature vampires on the market.

Those bats are nice! I didn't know about them either - I'm starting to feel a bit ignorant...

Pretty pleased with scardy myself - just hope I can convey his feelings in the way I paint him.

More will come - probably next week. The next six Ghouls are almost done!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012 - 0:54

Am I the only one thinking that these ghouls look like the White Walkers out of Game of Thrones? (They look great, btw).
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012 - 10:28

Spectre76 wrote:
Am I the only one thinking that these ghouls look like the White Walkers out of Game of Thrones? (They look great, btw).
Thanks! I'm pretty clueless about Game of Thrones - I find that kind of soap opera, "intrigue-driven" fantasy rather boring, so I don't know about White Walkers...
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2012 - 1:01

[img]folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Whitew10[/img]

See what I mean? affraid
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2012 - 22:03

Spectre76 wrote:
See what I mean? affraid
Yeah, I see the likeness! They look kinda creepy those White Walkers...
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 10:49

Greetings folketsfiende!

I love those Heresy Ghouls and your work definitely gives justice to the amazing sculpts!

I got into the song of Ice and Fire way before the HBO series were made and I would have to say that the literature is anything but "boring".

Give the books a chance and maybe it would grow on you. A series of books with a dwarf, incestuous twins, dire wolves, dragons, zombies and practically everything fantasy could not be all that bad... Wink

Cheers and good luck with your ghoulish warband!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012 - 11:02

folketsfiende wrote:
Spectre76 wrote:
See what I mean? affraid
Yeah, I see the likeness! They look kinda creepy those White Walkers...
Whaaaaat!?!?!? affraid
BURN THE WITCH! :magister:
I also read the first four books before the series (which I like btw, and I'm not into TV that much) and I'm a big fan. I sadly know that there are just so many books one can read in a year and most readers already have a few series they are fond of and have to keep following. But if you happen to have some time on your hands I suggest you at least take a look. Not all that mainstream-stuff is rubbish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012 - 11:33

As promised, six more ghouls!

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SV_ghouls6_01

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SV_ghouls6_02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SV_ghouls6_03

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SV_ghouls6_04
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 SV_ghouls6_05

Feel free to comment!

I will move on to the vampire and the two strigany next, but they will probably take a while to finish. Does anyone have any suggesstions on how to paint strigoi vampire skin?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012 - 12:44

VERY COOL Ghouls. Adding the bats was a fine idea; they go with the Ghouls very nicely. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012 - 17:12

DeafNala wrote:
VERY COOL Ghouls. Adding the bats was a fine idea; they go with the Ghouls very nicely. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Thanks! The bats do give the minis an even more dynamic feel, and some good colour contrast as well. Those aspects become more and more important to me.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012 - 20:22

Those are awesome!!! Very nasty looking and twisted, but it is nice to see that even ghouls have "bring your child to work"-days Wink the bats add a very cool touch.

These warband is really forming up nicely and I look forward to seeing more!

On the painting I guess it depends on how you see your vampires, I mean are they dead monsters or glorified lounge lizards. I paint all vampires in bleached bone (don't know the new name) because I figured that they are all dead monsters that need to fill their empty bodies with blood. My strigoi also got a layer of gryphon sephia (?) to make it look a bit weathered.

Or you can always paint him to look like he is glittering...
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012 - 8:21

Alex wrote:
Those are awesome!!! Very nasty looking and twisted, but it is nice to see that even ghouls have "bring your child to work"-days Wink the bats add a very cool touch.

These warband is really forming up nicely and I look forward to seeing more!

On the painting I guess it depends on how you see your vampires, I mean are they dead monsters or glorified lounge lizards. I paint all vampires in bleached bone (don't know the new name) because I figured that they are all dead monsters that need to fill their empty bodies with blood. My strigoi also got a layer of gryphon sephia (?) to make it look a bit weathered.

Or you can always paint him to look like he is glittering...
Thanks! By pure coincidence the Bring-Your-Child-To-Work-day collided with the Dig-A-Dead-Infant-Out-Of-The-Ground-competition...
I agree on the bleak skin approach, but I'm not sure what colour to use as base...
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012 - 15:56

folketsfiende wrote:
By pure coincidence the Bring-Your-Child-To-Work-day collided with the Dig-A-Dead-Infant-Out-Of-The-Ground-competition...

So it's kinda like a zombie Luau? Shocked
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012 - 16:18

Spectre76 wrote:
folketsfiende wrote:
By pure coincidence the Bring-Your-Child-To-Work-day collided with the Dig-A-Dead-Infant-Out-Of-The-Ground-competition...

So it's kinda like a zombie Luau? Shocked
Yeah, except ghouls don't care much for actually cooking their meals - they make do, I understand, with the fermentation processes to tenderize the meat and make it more palatable. Kind of like Swedish surströmming. pale Wink
Back to top Go down
BigD
Veteran
Veteran
BigD

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 0:00

Hi folketsfiende,

You have a very original and gritty style of painting. I like it! The cold blue eyes of the ghouls are a sinister touch. Nice!

BigD
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 3:43

Folke, have you ever met anyone who's actually EATEN that stuff?? I know it's off-topic a bit, but after reading up on it and watching a couple of vids of people trying, just the thought makes my stomach weak!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 8:19

Spectre76 wrote:
Folke, have you ever met anyone who's actually EATEN that stuff?? I know it's off-topic a bit, but after reading up on it and watching a couple of vids of people trying, just the thought makes my stomach weak!
Very much OT, but yes, I've met people who has eaten surströmming, and what's more: I have eaten it myself! While it is not my favourite food (and I'm also a vegetarian nowadays), it is good tasting. The only problem is opening the can, but if you do it in a bucket of water it's not so bad...
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 8:20

BigD wrote:
Hi folketsfiende,

You have a very original and gritty style of painting. I like it! The cold blue eyes of the ghouls are a sinister touch. Nice!

BigD
Thanks! Ghouls should be gritty, shouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
BigD
Veteran
Veteran
BigD

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012 - 23:37

folketsfiende wrote:

Thanks! Ghouls should be gritty, shouldn't they?

You're absolutely right!
They should be.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Orks!   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2012 - 14:28

I recently painted a few orks for my sons warband and WFB army. The pics turned out soso, but I hope you'll get the idea.

First off the warband leader and a Battle standard bearer:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks1
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks2

The bully and the boomer (we allow one model with a nonstandard weapon per warband...):
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks3
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks4

Lastly, the two ork raiders, who got a skin repaint. There is more to fix on these guys - haven't done them justice at all:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks5
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Orks6

Feel free to comment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next