Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lizardmen warband

Go down 
+6
mr_harold
Pervavita
Von Kurst
StyrofoamKing
folketsfiende
Walgis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Walgis
Warrior
Warrior
Walgis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 13:17

Okmy main army in WFHB is lizardmen and i love them, but when it comes to Mordheim... only 5 saurus :/ i really dontlikeskinks for some reason, meiby because theydont do much in battles.
Can you please tell me about them in mordheim city? are they good? theyre perks? Or meiby youknow some artical about them?
Whats theyre tactics?
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 14:59

Walgis wrote:
Okmy main army in WFHB is lizardmen and i love them, but when it comes to Mordheim... only 5 saurus :/ i really dontlikeskinks for some reason, meiby because theydont do much in battles.
Can you please tell me about them in mordheim city? are they good? theyre perks? Or meiby youknow some artical about them?
Whats theyre tactics?

The key to using skinks right is take advantage of their speed and high initiative. Give them two clubs, and let them charge en masse, if you can by diving charge. Javelins with jungle poison is a real winner, sure it costs 5gc per game and model, but mobile S4 ranged weapons is nifty.

Blowpipes are kind of useless, especially considering their high price, but combined with some skills and a high BS, they can still make for some pretty interesting sniping, an option for one of the skink great crests.

Saurus warriors are slow but have good staying power. In the beginning it might work to use them to lock enemies in close combat, and then on your turn countercharge with skinks. Make sure though that you keep the sauruses near the skinks, who with their M6 might run too far ahead.

Saurus warriors do well with sword and shield. And remember, ALL members of the warband always have at least a 6+ save that can't be reduced by ordinary means (only some critical hits can bypass this), I tend to forget that every time I play my Lizardmen...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 16:34

The lack of Sauruses (Sauri?) is a balance issue, really, to prevent them from getting too strong. Like the Blood bowl team, you're forced to take 2 extremes- weak fast guys and slow tanks. If you ABSOLUTELY want to run a Saurus band without skinks, then using another warband with the Saurus as "count as" models... for example, Orcs.

Despite the fact that they have only 4 heroes, I've heard a lot of good feedback about them. Some people raise a stink about the fluff of it ("what are Lizardmen doing in Mordheim city?"), but if you paint them up, give them interesting names, and come up with a reason why they're there, most of the fluffy people don't mind too much.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 16:47

I would be of the what are Lizards doing in Mordheim persuasion. They are a wonderful warband in Lustria, but many of their special rules make no sense in Ostermark unless the story line is seriously messed with.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 18:10

Still, stories are always fun. Maybe they're like the Amazons, and were captive "freaks on display" for the super rich (ex. Shakespeare mentions people paying hay-pennies to see a dead indian.)

Or, skip the Lustria thing all together, and they're mutated Lizards from the Docks- maybe the comet warped them into humanoid shape.. Who says Skaven and Beastman get to have all of the fun?

Creatively, GW shot themselves in the foot with the remote & isolationist natures of Lizardmen and Wood Elves. You have to justify every campaign and supplement even more when including either of them.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 18:28

Maybe they are there to capture shards but not to sell but rather to keep them from others and there "gold" they get from the shards is not from the selling but rather compensation for a job well done much like Vampires get.
Back to top Go down
mr_harold
Hero
Hero
mr_harold

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 18:33

I can't see it too far fetched to have a small warband send by the old ones to see what all the hubbub is about with a magical comet and the such.

Maybe one of the "younger" Slann has decided that they want to get a good look at this thing before the upstart races get more powerful.

There's a lot of weird stuff in mordheim, a couple of giant lizards don't strike me as unusual Smile
Back to top Go down
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com/
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 19:10

Rolling Eyes Lizardmen in Mordheim?ehh... Their place is in lustria. I think it's not necessary for every WH army to have representatives in Mordheim. Rolling Eyes There is realy no explenation. And most impotant - would they survive in such enviroment as Mordheim? They live in hot, humid jungles and I think any lizardmen would just die in far "cold" north.
And by Sigmar's oiled muscles, how would they get there?!
My opinion of course. cheers
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012 - 23:56

It doesn't matter having Lizardmen in Mordheim. There are big Lizardmen WHFB armies in the old world. Neither the big army our a small warband may make sense but who cares if the gaming group has fun.

@SK... your idea of using orc warband rules and 'counts as' Lizardmen may work.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012 - 0:36

Rules-wise, I'd advise you to drop the cold-blooded special rule when it's regarding rout tests.
I've played lizardmen for 2 campaigns and it's simply too powerful an opponent if losing his skinks doesn't force him to take rout tests - you can stay on the board forever with your saurus..
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 15:21

Pwny - I agree with him. The "Cold Blooded" is only far in regards to the fact that the Skink has such low leadership stats. I forget the exact odds, but rolling a 7 or lower on 3D6-1D6 is about the same as having him be Ld 9. Essentially, your skinks are as brave as dwarves.
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 23:30

The real problem is, if you get LD 8 - then it's by FAR harder to fail the rout test... Razz
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 0:35

Well, that's why writing a fair Saurus-only warband would be nearly impossible without altering stats. However, do you think the current one is too unfair?
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 12:50

Hehe the warband in itself is fairly well balanced, the only thing we altered was the cold blooded on rout tests.. Keep it on everything else - just the rout Smile
Back to top Go down
Asus
Youngblood
Youngblood
Asus

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 13:07

Quote :
Hehe the warband in itself is fairly well balanced, the only thing we altered was the cold blooded on rout tests.. Keep it on everything else - just the rout Smile

Nope, I dont agree. Although lizardmen may have 20 models in band, and have sauruses and kroxigor and bla bla bla, the real strenght of the servants of the Slaans are the SKINKS! The're fast, cheap, replaceble, may as well shoot and fight, make perfect screen for priest and sauruses (before they charge). Unfortunately, when You use them properly, they often die as flies. So, the lizardmen are forced to take rout test wery soon (often in the second or third turn). The cold bloded rule on rout test allows more freedom for lizardman player - he may less count with skinks falling to enemy, and use them properly in battle, as skinks (not great crests of course) are expendable.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 13:55

Asus wrote:
Quote :

Nope, I dont agree. Although lizardmen may have 20 models in band, and have sauruses and kroxigor and bla bla bla, the real strenght of the servants of the Slaans are the SKINKS! The're fast, cheap, replaceble, may as well shoot and fight, make perfect screen for priest and sauruses (before they charge). Unfortunately, when You use them properly, they often die as flies. So, the lizardmen are forced to take rout test wery soon (often in the second or third turn). The cold bloded rule on rout test allows more freedom for lizardman player - he may less count with skinks falling to enemy, and use them properly in battle, as skinks (not great crests of course) are expendable.
Yes. It's always good to remember that skinks have Toughness 2. Lizzies is the only warband that has so many low T members. They might be fast, but they do die like flies. Besides, my own Lizardmen warband (The Bling Bling Raiders) have been forced to rout countless times, despite being Cold Blooded. You can't use the sauri ld for rout tests, and as soon as the opponent manages to take out your priest, you're in danger...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lizardmen warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lizardmen warband   Lizardmen warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lizardmen warband
Page 1 of 1